U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 08:56 PM

5,364 posts, read 6,003,223 times

Advertisements

The craziest thing about the patriots is they couldve lost all 6 superbowls they played in during this run, but they could also be 6-0.

They've all literally come down to a handful of plays
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 08:56 PM

2,073 posts, read 1,592,654 times
To Carol's credit though, he had massive balls to even call such a stupid play, against the best, most accomplished team/coach in modern day football, in front of the entire country and his team's fans like that. That took a lot of nerve. And i wonder if there was some sort of underlying personal vendetta with Belichek that blinded his playcalling . It almost seems like he just wanted to prove that he could throw over the middle or something.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:57 PM

1,229 posts, read 975,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Yeah, and lets face it, if the scenario was switched pats fans would be whining about the call no doubt, but i bet the hawks fans would be thumping their chest talking about their solid shutdown defense.
What other fans would've done is meaningless in this discussion. I for one have already said I wouldn't be thumping my chest like I'm the $$$$ if another team gave me the game like that.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:58 PM

2,634 posts, read 1,122,614 times
Absolutely the worst call. The offensive coordinator should be fired. It was nothing short of a giveaway.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:58 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,560,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gichicago View Post
Maybe hawks called a pass play to use up more clock? Its 2nd and 1. They throw a pass and its complete they are up. If its incomplete, then its 3rd down and there is a good chance they hand off to lynch to score. The risk of an interception is there but its low, and maybe they gamble like they did at the end of the half.
What? Do you even understand football? If they throw the ball and it's incomplete than that stops the clocks, if they run the football, that kills the clock. Every time you throw the football there's a risk for an interception.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:04 PM

4,292 posts, read 1,859,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
To Carol's credit though, he had massive balls to even call such a stupid play, against the best, most accomplished team/coach in modern day football, in front of the entire country and his team's fans like that. That took a lot of nerve.
Yeah, I guess we will see if they really like that, or if they are just okay with it when the going is good. That is a hard one to swallow even for the biggest Pete Carol supporters.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:05 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,057,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
What other fans would've done is meaningless in this discussion. I for one have already said I wouldn't be thumping my chest like I'm the $$$$ if another team gave me the game like that.
Sure, though probably not as meaningless as this quote from you.

Quote:
One stupid mistake. The Pats cannot even come close to claiming to be the ¨better team." With what's hanging over their head, they and their fans should probably shut the hell up for a while. Because there's a damn good possibility the Ravens should've been in this game.
This is a thread about the pats and hawks. Then you bring in the ravens, and sad thing is the same could be said about seattle, since many thought green bay handed them that game. Maybe seattle is paying it forward??

Old 02-01-2015, 09:07 PM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,936 times
Quote:
Is that all you can say? Just admit it. You didn't earn it. You were given it.
Kind of like how the Seahawks were given the NFC Championship.. they certainly didn't earn that..

geez, talk about sour grapes.

IMO, the game could have gone either way... they played 60 minutes, not 30 seconds but if the Patriots were NOT the better team, how come they were leading with 30 seconds to play? That makes no sense.. if the Seahawks were the superior team, they would not have NEEDED a final second TD to win the game.. they would have been up by several TDs like last years Super Bowl..

Old 02-01-2015, 09:07 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times
I have to say I am shocked that the seahawks passed on 2nd and 1 lol. I was yelling at the TV telling the Pats to let then score so Brady would have 30 seconds to drive down and get a FG

But who knew that Butler would get a INT on the goal line Awesome game and so glad Brady got his 4th ring

Old 02-01-2015, 09:09 PM

6,449 posts, read 3,458,717 times
All Patriots fans were saying "OMFG another helmet type catch?". But this time their grit shone through.

I no longer care about anything other than having been privileged to watch a QB and Coach cement their legacies into the annals of NFL lore, forever.

And I no longer care what outsider fans say anymore, I just don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or