Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 09:29 PM

29,446 posts, read 22,374,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
Run the damn ball! If Lynch gets stopped 3 times?? Oh well, that sucks, but at least it gave you the best chance to win.
Run a PA roll out for Wilson. If he finds an open receiver or gets some running room, go for it; if not throw it out of the end zone and go back to Lynch for 3rd & 4th down.
I think that's what will sting the most.

The fact that you didn't go out strong and fighting to the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 PM

7,274 posts, read 5,246,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Well if you truly don't care...
Just correcting your assumption

Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 PM

6,328 posts, read 3,580,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
In all honesty, i could care less about either of these teams..and i could care less about their fans...but i do kind of feel bad for the actual seahawks players...i mean, sure theyre millionaires, but there is a lot of blood, sweat, luck and hard work that goes into just getting to the Super Bowl, and to have your opportunity to win the thing squandered by some boneheaded play calling from the guys in the polo shirts on the sidelines has to suck pretty bad...
Just so you know, it is "couldn't" not "could".

I absolutely agree with you on the bolded part. I was actually thinking about that too. The players put themselves in position to win that game and it was completely taken out of their hands by a once in a generation type of bad call.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,671,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks
What? Do you even understand football? If they throw the ball and it's incomplete than that stops the clocks, if they run the football, that kills the clock. Every time you throw the football there's a risk for an interception.
dont forget that the seahawks had two time out at the time, so they could afford to run the ball even if they didnt get in.

but one thing to remember is that the patriots were going to be looking for lynch to get the ball, so a play action pass would have been a very good call, but not in the middle of the field. better to pull teh defense in by faking the hand off to lynch, and looking to the corners to throw the ball, or for wilson to run off the roll out.

or the best play would have been to give it to lynch and have him bounce to the outside.

either way though,#21 made a great play to end the game.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:35 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,995,095 times
Agreed. Lynch was wide open on the side of the field. Don't throw it in the middle where a big hit can cause a popped up ball.

I will say this. Edelman has been great for the Patriots. He's a tough guy who played well throughout. Back in the days of Welker, we saw how soft he was when he got hit. Happened against NY, happened against Baltimore, and it happened against Seattle when he went to Denver.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:35 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,805,962 times
Games are full of stupid plays, bad calls, mistakes, and 60 minutes. You have to play through it all. That's why there's a score, to keep track of who played through the best. After sixty minutes (some times more) the guys with the most points... well, the rest is history. It happens almost every year. Excepting that year....

Old 02-01-2015, 09:39 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,128,441 times
Yeah...as stupid of a playcall as it was, my hat goes off to Butler...way to step up and make a play...just a phenomenal play really...even with it being a stupid playcall, a ton of things could have gone wrong from a defensive standpoint too...he couldve been out of position to break up the pass resulting in a TD, he could have got a hand on it, tipped it, and an offensive player couldve ran under it for a touchdown...or he could have simply batted it down, and Pete Carol and his OC wouldve come to their senses and played it safe with the run for the rest of the series...so, he really did do a good job on a play that shouldve never even happened to begin with.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:41 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,939,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I have to say I am shocked that the seahawks passed on 2nd and 1 lol. I was yelling at the TV telling the Pats to let then score so Brady would have 30 seconds to drive down and get a FG

But who knew that Butler would get a INT on the goal line Awesome game and so glad Brady got his 4th ring
Funny but we were yelling the same thing. . . Interesting that Belichick didn't make the call to let Seattle score the TD to allow time to come back and score the FG, but he made the call to allow the Giants score a TD when Bradshaw sat down in the end zone.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:41 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,779,092 times
All week we heard about how Seattle had the #1 defense and in the end, they simply did not make plays when it mattered - in the 4th quarter.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:44 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,350,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
All week we heard about how Seattle had the #1 defense and in the end, they simply did not make plays when it mattered - in the 4th quarter.
And yet we have people saying Seattle gave away the game. The Patriots definitely earned it with how Brady marched down the field not once but twice in the 4th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football