Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 04:30 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I thought the halftime show was terrific, and I don't even like Katy Perry. The Seahawks have nobody to blame but themselves.
I agree, I wasn't even planning to watch. It looked more like a Summer Olympics opening ceremony than a halftime show. Kudo's to the NFL and Katy.

Speaking of post-game, that episode of the Blacklist was awesome. Love James Spader!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 04:50 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
You "could care less" or "couldn't care less"?

The game falls funny for everybody. This time, it happened to the Hawks. Last year, it happened to the Niners in the NFC championship game. Year before that, to the Niners in the SB. It was a boneheaded play, that's for sure. I didn't think that Pete Carroll's team could make such a lousy call. I mean, 1 lousy yard to go, with Lynch in the backfield. Live and learn.
It's no mystery! The Butler did it!! (I love mystery novels). At least Butler is the winner; what a game!!

Old 02-02-2015, 05:08 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
The best thing about the outcome is not having to listen to Sherman and his mouth afterwards. Thanks Brady.

Regarding the game - the interception at the end takes the spotlight off of what Brady and the Pats' offense did against the Seahawks defense in the 4thQ.

Also - the interception was more about Butler reading the play properly - otherwise, it's a touchdown. Should they have ran Lynch - probably - but I won't fault Carroll for the play call.

Butler now on ESPN2 Mike and Mike show - said defense was more oriented towards defending the pass on that play... Butler wondered why that formation was called since they should be running the ball... they practiced that play beforehand during the week and he got beat and learned from that.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 02-02-2015 at 05:22 AM..

Old 02-02-2015, 05:25 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
You "could care less" or "couldn't care less"?

The game falls funny for everybody. This time, it happened to the Hawks. Last year, it happened to the Niners in the NFC championship game. Year before that, to the Niners in the SB. It was a boneheaded play, that's for sure. I didn't think that Pete Carroll's team could make such a lousy call. I mean, 1 lousy yard to go, with Lynch in the backfield. Live and learn.
I could careless..whether its couldnt careless or could careless..lol

But seriously, how about the fact that Superbowl Coverage now has just become an overproduced light show now...

Old 02-02-2015, 06:09 AM

671 posts, read 900,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I agree that the decision to pass was not a bad but the type of pass that was thrown is what made it made the play look awful. So fans should be more mad at Russell Wilson for his decision to throw into traffic instead of Pete Carroll.
Get mad at Russell... no.

Maybe they wanted Russell to get all the credit and glory to spite Lynch?

Old 02-02-2015, 06:19 AM

671 posts, read 900,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
One stupid mistake. The Pats cannot even come close to claiming to be the ¨better team." With what's hanging over their head, they and their fans should probably shut the hell up for a while. Because there's a damn good possibility the Ravens should've been in this game.
Sure it was a bad call... but Butler made a great defensive play on it. If he didn't intercept it, Lynch probably would have powered through on one of the next two runs.

Green Bay should have been in the Super Bowl, but they aren't, because they lost. That's also why the Ravens aren't in it. Go play some Madden or something where you can keep quitting until you get the scenario you want.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:14 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
dont forget that the seahawks had two time out at the time, so they could afford to run the ball even if they didnt get in.

but one thing to remember is that the patriots were going to be looking for lynch to get the ball, so a play action pass would have been a very good call, but not in the middle of the field. better to pull teh defense in by faking the hand off to lynch, and looking to the corners to throw the ball, or for wilson to run off the roll out.

or the best play would have been to give it to lynch and have him bounce to the outside.

either way though,#21 made a great play to end the game.
So what? What are the chances that the Pats stop Beast mode three time in row? I would have ran it up the middle called time out and then ran it again. Or a QB sneak with With Wilson diving over the top.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:20 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,007,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think the Seahawks loss is Katy Perry's fault for giving the worst half time show EVER!
Why does everyone say this? I think all pop music is terrible so pretty much any SB halftime show sucks for me. But this one was far more family-appropriate, shall we say, than Beyonce's show a couple years ago. With the show last year, there was a big thing about how everything was pre-recorded and the musicians were faking it all on-stage.

Perry seems like a total d-bag though. I saw an interview with her pre-game. The interviewer mentioned that she's friends with Russell Wilson, and she confirmed this. When asked what she thought of him, she did say he's a nice guy or a hard worker or whatever. But she could have easily just said he's a great player or has had tremendous success or something like that. Instead, she said "I haven't really followed his career so closely." Total disrespect.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:48 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Why does everyone say this? I think all pop music is terrible so pretty much any SB halftime show sucks for me. But this one was far more family-appropriate, shall we say, than Beyonce's show a couple years ago. With the show last year, there was a big thing about how everything was pre-recorded and the musicians were faking it all on-stage.

Perry seems like a total d-bag though. I saw an interview with her pre-game. The interviewer mentioned that she's friends with Russell Wilson, and she confirmed this. When asked what she thought of him, she did say he's a nice guy or a hard worker or whatever. But she could have easily just said he's a great player or has had tremendous success or something like that. Instead, she said "I haven't really followed his career so closely." Total disrespect.
totally! she should have been able to recite all of his stats off the top of her head and offer a more detailed analysis of Seattles pass to run ratio on 2nd and goal to go from the one

Old 02-02-2015, 07:50 AM

614 posts, read 1,237,718 times
For those who say it's not a bad call. Carrol said that play was basically a throw away play to get to 3rd/4th down and if for some reason they got a td, then great. How the hell do you call a throw away play in that moment? Just by that rationale, it was the worst call ever made!

And as far as him worried about the time. The Seahawks had over 40 seconds when the second down play started. They just hiked it at 20 something seconds. That was bad management if he was worried he couldn't get off 3 plays then!

Either way, the most horrible calls in nfl Super Bowl history!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football