U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 09:19 AM

6,446 posts, read 3,453,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You sound like a sore winner today.
Keep on convincing yourself of that

You've been my comedic post season fun here on CDC. You're a sore something, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 09:21 AM

28,456 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
There was enough time to call two plays, if the first didn't make it, no huddle, the second might. If the second didn't there was time for a time out and then try again on 4th down.

That wasn't the only stupid play the Hawks did at the end. They had Brady taking the snap in the end zone and knew they might be able to get to him and score two points, but they couldn't hold on and got the off-sides, sealing any chance at all to win.
Refs totally missed the center bobbing his head two times as Brady called signals on that play. Seahawks were also mentally melting down at that point which culminated in the fight afterwards.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM

28,456 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
I think the rationalization by pete carol for that playcall is more concerning than the actual playcall to me...the rationale given so far depicts a certain lack of logic. You dont want Brady to get the ball again with time on the clock, so you THROW a pass that, if incomplete will stop the clock again?..really? That makes sense to him?..or you're so afraid of Brady getting the ball back that you run a pick play right into the heart of the defense? Really? Are you serious? It never occurred to him to just milk the clock with the run, or spike the ball, or throw toward the sideline, or roll Wilson out and throw it away or pretty much do anything other than that?...lol..he seriously thought his best and only option in that situation was to throw a pass into enough traffic to put rushhour to shame, and pray for an incompletion? If i were a Seahawks fan, i woulf be sweating bullets right now about this guy's decision making ability in crunch time.
It wasn't the best call - but the Patriots had it diagnosed. They expected it. ESPN reporter said the Pats knew Carroll's personality and put in Butler and the pass coverage figuring the Seahawks would throw the ball. Butler saw the formation... someone on the field reminded him about how he got beat on that same play when the scout team ran it in practice - and he was ready.

So it may not have been a good play call - the bigger story is the Pats had it figured out.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:48 AM

3,722 posts, read 3,877,834 times
Welp, all the focus seems to be on the play call at the end and how Seattle blew the game on that one play. Seems some people have issue looking at what the Patriots did in the 4th quarter. Brady and the offense moved the ball and scored 14 points when it mattered the most. Never mind the fact that Butler made one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. The Sehawks did not give this game to New England - the Patriots won this game and took it away from Seattle with their play. The Patriots won this game and deserve to be the champions.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:51 AM

32,452 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Correct, the fans and media are attacking the wrong guy since it;s Wilson who didn;t throw the ball to the outside.
actually that pass was in act perfectly thrown, #21 just made a great play on the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think the Seahawks loss is Katy Perry's fault for giving the worst half time show EVER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I thought the halftime show was terrific, and I don't even like Katy Perry. The Seahawks have nobody to blame but themselves.
while i am not a fan of katy perry, i didnt think the show was lousy, or great, but it was entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The only reason I watched the halftime show is because I was at someone else's house but if I was home I would have changed the channel until the second half started.
this is what i normally do, change the channel until the game comes back on. picture in picture is great for that.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:53 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,047 times
People also forgot that Brady threw a TD pass to Moss against the Giants 7 years ago with just over 2 minutes left. What happens at the end matters the most and is the most memorable.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:55 AM

8,260 posts, read 9,555,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
I think the uninformed will point to the INT and basically break the entire game down on one play, which i just SMH….How about this take, you have what you want to consider an all-time great defense. Up 10 in the 4th Qtr and you let NE drive the field, not once, but twice in the 4th Qtr, to take the lead….Brady threw the ball 50 times, with only 13 incompletions, that is a 74% completion rate….that is inexcusable for an "all time great defense"….that game was won in the 4th Qtr when Brady drove the field 2 times to take the lead
It did come down to one play, if they punch it in game over. Pretty basic common sense.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:57 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,545,104 times
actually that pass was in act perfectly thrown, #21 just made a great play on the ball.

The way I looked at that throw and would be catch, seemed like the Seahawks player thought I've got this and the Pats player totally hustled and caught him completely off guard. A great play on the ball, especially considering the previous play where the Seahawk player made an unbelievable catch and the same Pats player was involved.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:58 AM

1,069 posts, read 555,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
It did come down to one play, if they punch it in game over. Pretty basic common sense.
at 24-14 in 4th Qtr, that game should have been over….Brady marched the field twice to score TD's….that is where the game was won

Old 02-02-2015, 10:00 AM

32,452 posts, read 26,308,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
The way I looked at that throw and would be catch, seemed like the Seahawks player thought I've got this and the Pats player totally hustled and caught him completely off guard. A great play on the ball, especially considering the previous play where the Seahawk player made an unbelievable catch and the same Pats player was involved.
absolutely right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or