U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 11:40 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,367,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I mean to not throw a INT in 4 superbowl games is just very impressive along with a 4-0 record. That's why I feel Brady would need atleast another SB win to be on the same level as Joe because of his flawless record in the big game.

BTW: I believe Tom Brady should be in a Papa's Commercial with Montana for now on not Petyon Manning lol
The 4th Super Bowl victory puts him on the same level as Montana... a 5th would put him ahead.

End of list...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 11:41 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,222,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
i get with time on the clock the game is never actually over….my point is, all i heard all week from Seahawk fans is that the Pats would be lucky to put up 17 its….please tell me how many times a Steel Curtain defense, 85 Bear defense, 2001 Raven defense gave up a 10 pt lead in the 4th Qtr….if the Seahawks were truly an all-time great defense, that game should have been over
Uh.. never..
The '85 Bears gave up only 10 points total during the 1985 NFL Playoffs, much less 14 in a quarter. The Seahawks defense is great, but not even close to the teams you mentioned above..

Old 02-02-2015, 11:43 AM

13,929 posts, read 19,149,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Throwing is one thing. I could actually listen to someone make an argument for having Wilson roll right and throw to the corner. And either he finds the target or tosses it harmlessly into the stands -- that I could understand. But to just throw right into the teeth of a crowded end zone...makes no sense at all.
I think Darrell Bevel is catching way more flack for that call than he deserves. You have to take several things into consideration.

- The Patriots had done a good job of corralling Lynch up to that point, especially on the goal line where they could use their extra defensive linemen. There was no guarantee that Lynch would have scored and with so little time left they would have only had a couple shots.

- The Seahawks had used that pick play with much success all season long, and had a favorable matchup with an experienced, large and physical receiver going up against a smaller undrafted rookie corner. The other receiver in that set took Browner out of the play, so the pass was there to be made to Lockette.

- It is pretty rare to see an interception come from a pick play like that, so it was a relatively safe play call even before taking the matchup advantage into the equation.

The bottom line is that Butler made a great play and the receiver didn't press as hard for the ball as he should have. Even with Butler playing it so aggressive, had Lockette made more of an effort you probably see an incompletion at worst.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:54 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,510,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
i get with time on the clock the game is never actually over….my point is, all i heard all week from Seahawk fans is that the Pats would be lucky to put up 17 its….please tell me how many times a Steel Curtain defense, 85 Bear defense, 2001 Raven defense gave up a 10 pt lead in the 4th Qtr….if the Seahawks were truly an all-time great defense, that game should have been over
Even last year's Seattle team wasn't an all-time great defense. I would have a hard time putting them above the 2006 Ravens defense.

Old 02-02-2015, 11:54 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,222,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psurangers11 View Post
The 4th Super Bowl victory puts him on the same level as Montana... a 5th would put him ahead.

End of list...
I think so but others may not. That's why you can't say this guy is the GOAT.. its way too subjective.

Brady came out of this game with his 4th ring and arguably the greatest of all time but look how close he was at remaining at 3... in fact, he had done all he could do, he had played his best game this year and likely in a long time and yet, there he was on the bench on the verge of another Super Bowl loss had it not been for his defense stepping up and making a play. Nothing would have changed about how Brady played other than the final score... and some would say, see he is not as good as Montana..

Had the Patriots lost, Brady would be 3-3 in Super Bowls and in many folks eyes would never be as great as Montana and yet they won BECAUSE of Brady and BECAUSE of a great defensive play on the goal line.. Brady is just as close to being 6-0 in Super Bowls as he is at being 3-3 or even 0-6....

Old 02-02-2015, 11:56 AM

6,447 posts, read 3,456,304 times
I just replayed the last quarter of the game. Malcolm Butler was in a lot of plays and made a huge difference in that quarter. No matter how you think things should have gone - a missed interference (did Butler trip the receiver), several break ups, even the Kearse catch which Butler played excellent, to the interception. He was not a one trick pony in this game, but was involved in the biggest defensive plays of the 4th quarter.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:14 PM

21,319 posts, read 21,886,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I just replayed the last quarter of the game. Malcolm Butler was in a lot of plays and made a huge difference in that quarter. No matter how you think things should have gone - a missed interference (did Butler trip the receiver), several break ups, even the Kearse catch which Butler played excellent, to the interception. He was not a one trick pony in this game, but was involved in the biggest defensive plays of the 4th quarter.
Agree about him staying with the play when Kearse made his catch laying down at the 5 and taking him down, so many times I've seen defenders stand there in disbelief as the receiver pops up and walks into the end zone.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:18 PM

9,583 posts, read 4,596,372 times
This picture says it all.
Attached Thumbnails
SB-LXIX----Pregame--Game--Postgame-20150202_jla_su5_294.jpg  

Old 02-02-2015, 12:27 PM

6,409 posts, read 4,176,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Keep on convincing yourself of that

You've been my comedic post season fun here on CDC. You're a sore something, that's for sure.
Don't forget that I was responding to someone saying deflate gate was over. I pointed out it was not over. Are you trying to say it is over? If so, I have no respect for your opinion any more. The Pats win one game and all of a sudden you lose all objectivity.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:33 PM

6,447 posts, read 3,456,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Don't forget that I was responding to someone saying deflate gate was over. I pointed out it was not over. Are you trying to say it is over? If so, I have no respect for your opinion any more. The Pats win one game and all of a sudden you lose all objectivity.
Of course it's not over. I've been tired since the beginning because the whole issue to date has been based on nothing but leaks. I don't care if the leaks are for or against the Patriots - it's media fed rubbish at this point, just proving the point to me that the media has created the magnitude of this without any real substantiation.

I just want the truth, knowing that the Wells report would be the first official statement released on all of this.

And if the report comes out showing nothing against the Patriots, then I think Chris Mortenson should be fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or