Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 08:29 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,654,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
That play was out of desperation. The trophy was literally 1 yard away for the hawks. They had it won.
Desperation? It wasn't 4th down.. he was not desperate. Carroll figured the Pats would load the box and try to stuff Lynch.. so he figured a quick slant would be perfect.. had it worked, Carroll and hte Hawks would be the talk of the town, but since the Patriot defender jumped the Route, Carroll is no longer a good coach? seriously???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 08:30 PM

19,713 posts, read 10,095,060 times
Either Edelman or the rookie who got the interception should be the MVP.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:30 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,441,933 times
I have to say -- that was truly one for the ages. I was rooting against the Patriots, not for the Seahawks, but damn that ending. This will be remembered as a top 5 Super Bowl. This goes down in history.

Wow.

Old 02-01-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
F- Brady! How is he the MVP. This sh*t is pathetic! Tired of this nonsense. Leaving the computer to vomit now.
Well, he did set Super Bowl records passing, against the Legion of Boom..
He led the Pats to 2 fourth quarter TDs.. I felt Brady was MVP... his 2 picks almost doomed the Pats but were they honestly worse than Wilsons final INT?

Old 02-01-2015, 08:33 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,262,623 times
Blame the Seahawks front office for letting Pearcy Harvin and Golden Tate go.........the Hawks passing game is pretty bad, i'm surprised they had the chance to win at the end.

Wilson shouldn't have thrown that ball and should had look for other options.....can't blame the coach for that one.

I believe with Harvin with the Hawks and his speed it would open the offense for Seattle and put the nail in the coffin when they went up 24-14 and couldn't do anything in the next 3 series and let the Patriots back in the game.

PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,400,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
I know who was on the field. The Pats defense had less to do with it than Seattle's stupidity. The Pats were handed a win on what was one of the worst calls I've ever witnessed in football and I've played and watched football my whole life. If that was how my team won I'd actually be kind of disappointed.
So untrue. Obviously the Seahawks weren't smart enough to win. The better team won.

2,713 posts, read 3,021,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Desperation? It wasn't 4th down.. he was not desperate. Carroll figured the Pats would load the box and try to stuff Lynch.. so he figured a quick slant would be perfect.. had it worked, Carroll and hte Hawks would be the talk of the town, but since the Patriot defender jumped the Route, Carroll is no longer a good coach? seriously???
Correct me if I'm wrong but they were down a few scores. QB was playing terrible.
I consider that fake fg desperation, in my opinion.

Being one yard away from scoring. With a time out, a great power running back, knowing you will have at least two shots to get that one yard isn't as desperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Just the greedy postering of an inexperienced coach & team...a young, inexperienced team who isnt used to winning big games on the biggest stage, and thinks every playcall has to be something wacky and out of the box in order to catch the opponent off guard ...thats a playcall you make when youre playing madden or something...an experienced team knows to take the easy win, accept the hardware and head home....but not these guys
Could be.. i do think the Seahawks started celebrating a bit early when they took the 10 point lead.. I felt they had the Pats right where they wanted, had the ball with a 10 point lead late in the 3rd early in the 4th but failed to score after that.. You would have thought they would have learned something after the Packers game but apparently not..

5,347 posts, read 7,193,257 times
You don't call that throw on madden

Old 02-01-2015, 08:35 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,392,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
this made me laugh.. if it was my team, i couldn't have cared how they won but for a defender to jump a quick slant and intercept within the final minute of the game on the goal line no less, disappointed.... are you kidding me? the Patroit defender made a great play.. i guess he deserves no credit..
Winning SOLEY off of possibly the stupidest mistake in Super Bowl history would be embarrassing. You won because of a stupid mistake at the goal line at the actual end of the game. If Seattle ran, they MORE THAN LIKELY would've won and you Pats fans would be on here whining over ridiculous things that really didn't effect the game at all. Everybody who watched the Super Bowl who is not dumb and who is not a Pats fan knows it. AND ON TOP OF IT you were caught red handed cheating for God knows how long. Probably vs Baltimore AT LEAST.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football