Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 08:51 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
That is exactly what I thought.. Romo would be killed for this..
That's because he plays for the Cowboys and a lot of people hate the Cowboys. It's not personal; Romo is a good QB and seems like a good guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 08:53 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I am glad the Pats won and deflate-gate is done with; how stupid was that non story?

I am mostly glad we aren't again subject to the huge egos of the Seahawks. They are now The Legion of Whom?
Not over yet. The NFL report was never going to come out before the game.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:57 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
I think the rationalization by pete carol for that playcall is more concerning than the actual playcall to me...the rationale given so far depicts a certain lack of logic. You dont want Brady to get the ball again with time on the clock, so you THROW a pass that, if incomplete will stop the clock again?..really? That makes sense to him?..or you're so afraid of Brady getting the ball back that you run a pick play right into the heart of the defense? Really? Are you serious? It never occurred to him to just milk the clock with the run, or spike the ball, or throw toward the sideline, or roll Wilson out and throw it away or pretty much do anything other than that?...lol..he seriously thought his best and only option in that situation was to throw a pass into enough traffic to put rushhour to shame, and pray for an incompletion? If i were a Seahawks fan, i would be sweating bullets right now about this guy's decision making ability in crunch time.

Last edited by soletaire; 02-02-2015 at 10:23 AM..

Old 02-02-2015, 09:00 AM

625 posts, read 952,135 times
I am a Chiefs fan, but I am happy that the Patriots won the Super Bowl last night. Tom Brady deserved to win that game especially after those two Super Bowl losses against the Giants. If David Tyree didn't make that helmet catch in Super Bowl XLII and if Mario Manningham didn't make that crazy catch on the sidelines in Super Bowl XLVI, Brady would have a 19-0 season (2007) and six rings!

Old 02-02-2015, 09:00 AM

1,069 posts, read 711,534 times
I think the uninformed will point to the INT and basically break the entire game down on one play, which i just SMH….How about this take, you have what you want to consider an all-time great defense. Up 10 in the 4th Qtr and you let NE drive the field, not once, but twice in the 4th Qtr, to take the lead….Brady threw the ball 50 times, with only 13 incompletions, that is a 74% completion rate….that is inexcusable for an "all time great defense"….that game was won in the 4th Qtr when Brady drove the field 2 times to take the lead

Old 02-02-2015, 09:02 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Not over yet. The NFL report was never going to come out before the game.
Not surprised you're still hanging onto this. So just go sit in front of the computer and keep on hitting refresh until the Wells/NFL report gets issued. And then it won't matter anyways, because you'll either say "I told you so" or "The NFL is covering up and the Pats have always cheated". You should become a sports media reporter - you sound like the rest of them.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:05 AM

There was enough time to call two plays, if the first didn't make it, no huddle, the second might. If the second didn't there was time for a time out and then try again on 4th down.

That wasn't the only stupid play the Hawks did at the end. They had Brady taking the snap in the end zone and knew they might be able to get to him and score two points, but they couldn't hold on and got the off-sides, sealing any chance at all to win.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Not surprised you're still hanging onto this. So just go sit in front of the computer and keep on hitting refresh until the Wells/NFL report gets issued. And then it won't matter anyways, because you'll either say "I told you so" or "The NFL is covering up and the Pats have always cheated". You should become a sports media reporter - you sound like the rest of them.
You sound like a sore winner today.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I am glad the Pats won and deflate-gate is done with; how stupid was that non story?

I am mostly glad we aren't again subject to the huge egos of the Seahawks. They are now The Legion of Whom?
Besides which, the turnover ratio was nothing like their seasonal average. This may be the best indicator of the effect.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:11 AM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You sound like a sore winner today.
lol. The media loves the Patriots, not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football