U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 09:16 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,566,706 times

Advertisements

Patriots won. Brady was clutch in the 4th quarter, leading two scoring drives. Wilson, besides a quick drive on a short field from a Brady interception, didn't do much in the second half.

Bad play call or not, it was Wilson who threw the interception. his receiver was open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 09:23 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,224,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I don't believe in teams losing a game. The winning team wins because they made enough plays during the game to be in a position to win in the first place. That interception happened at the end of the game so it stands out. But in the 4th quarter the Patriots scored a TD, then get a 3 and out and get the ball back, and then score another TD all against the #1 defense. That's how you win a game.
If ever there were a case of a team losing a game, it would have been 2 weeks ago in the NFC Championship game.. i felt then that the Seahawks won that game... and I feel now the Patriots won the game last night..

Old 02-02-2015, 09:46 AM

28,493 posts, read 15,447,826 times
Pats won.

10 point 4thQ comeback. Diagnosed the pass play that resulted in the game winning interception.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:51 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Seahawk fans were mad after the NFC game because the stories were about the Packers losing more than the team that won. Packers took their foot off the gas, made many mistakes and the Seahawks came back to win it.

Patriots won the game but I am never one to get into one play makes a game. The conversation today is all about that one play call, but there is always a bigger picture in my opinion.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:58 AM

32,465 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Both really. Pats kept the game close and gave themselves a chance to win at the end. Seahawks did the same and made a boneheaded decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
Seahawks had it, then that unbelievable call ??!!?!. Either way , i wanted a damn good super bowl game and thats what we got. Pats won so i will give credit to them.
that last pass by wilson was in fact perfectly thrown, it is just that #21 wanted the ball more than the receiver did at that point.

in the end, the patriots won because they wanted the game more than the seahawks did at the end of the game.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:01 AM

1,069 posts, read 555,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that last pass by wilson was in fact perfectly thrown, it is just that #21 wanted the ball more than the receiver did at that point.

in the end, the patriots won because they wanted the game more than the seahawks did at the end of the game.
it wasn't perfectly thrown….if you watch the play, Wilson led the receiver, allowing Butler to jump the route….that pass has to be on the left shoulder, not the right one, so the route cannot be jumped

Old 02-02-2015, 10:02 AM

21,177 posts, read 11,785,778 times
Pats put themselves in position to win. But most likely Seattle would have won without that incredibly stupid play call. So both, I guess.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:36 PM

684 posts, read 610,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
it wasn't perfectly thrown….if you watch the play, Wilson led the receiver, allowing Butler to jump the route….that pass has to be on the left shoulder, not the right one, so the route cannot be jumped
+1

Im surprised they didnt run some kind of quick out route play so this way if coverage is tight, the QB can easily get rid of the ball on the sidelines. Anyways it was still a stupid play call when you have a strong running back.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:18 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,672,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Seahawk fans were mad after the NFC game because the stories were about the Packers losing more than the team that won. Packers took their foot off the gas, made many mistakes and the Seahawks came back to win it.

Patriots won the game but I am never one to get into one play makes a game. The conversation today is all about that one play call, but there is always a bigger picture in my opinion.
This...^^^^^^

People are ranting about the last play...yes, it was a bonehead decision on Carroll's part, however there were soooo many other plays that led up to that...was a great superbowl, and my answer is the Pats won the game.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:23 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,543,632 times
Default Patriots won it

That final play was better executed by the Patriots, which resulted in an interception. It was the Hawk's offense against the Patriot's defense on that play, and the defense played better. This is why I say the Patriots won that game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football