U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2015, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
2,295 posts, read 2,148,546 times
Reputation: 3109

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Think about this....

At least 4 refs handled the ball in question before the interception and NONE of them said they could feel a difference that it was deflated. Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 refs.

Tom Brady said he could not tell a difference in pressure with that specific ball.

The Colts player that intercepted the ball said he could not tell a difference with the pressure of the ball.

1. Do you have a link that proves four officials handled the balls and then stated publicly that they did not notice a difference in the PSI? Where are you getting that?

2. Oh, Brady denied it? Oh, OK.

3. Jackson is a linebacker and rarely grips footballs like a quarterback. He made an interception in the rain with a wet ball and immediately gave it to Colts staff. Why would he be an expert on one or two PSI?


Let's just all wait and see what Wells finds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-03-2015, 04:09 AM
 
16,756 posts, read 9,106,172 times
Reputation: 6781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I don't think anyone on this forum knows anything about any of the evidence that could be considered "truth" or "facts."

Remember, some of the initial media reports (which is where you are getting your "facts") have since been proven to be inaccurate.

Let's just see what the Wells investigation reports.

Regardless, the Patriots are PROVEN cheaters. They cheated before and that is a fact. Sorry if some of us want to let it all play out before clearing them.
Derp....The Seahawks are PROVEN cheaters. We could play this game with all teams.

Report: Seahawks fined, stripped of minicamp days for violating no-contact practice rules | ProFootballTalk

Seahawks' lead in PED bans under Pete Carroll - ESPN

Engel: Where is all the PED outrage over Seahawks? | FOX Sports

Six Seahawks have tested positive for PEDs since 2011 | ProFootballTalk

Carroll's rules violation could hurt USC - Los Angeles Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/11/sp...all/11usc.html

Last edited by michiganmoon; 02-03-2015 at 04:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 04:15 AM
 
16,756 posts, read 9,106,172 times
Reputation: 6781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
1. Do you have a link that proves four officials handled the balls and then stated publicly that they did not notice a difference in the PSI? Where are you getting that?

2. Oh, Brady denied it? Oh, OK.

3. Jackson is a linebacker and rarely grips footballs like a quarterback. He made an interception in the rain with a wet ball and immediately gave it to Colts staff. Why would he be an expert on one or two PSI?


Let's just all wait and see what Wells finds.
1. The NFL Network's coverage said the refs did not notice anything unusual during the game and that they would by rule take the ball out of circulation if they did.

3. Jackson is a professional football player that has been around balls all his life. Give him some credit.

No one noticed the ball was under inflated, except the Colt's equipment manager - and the ball happened to be the ONLY ball that was significantly under inflated. All of the rest of the balls were just a "few ticks under," which can be explained by cooler air and a wet ball;
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 05:36 AM
 
671 posts, read 654,965 times
Reputation: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What a coincidence!!
Are you implying that the Colts deflated the ball? Did this just take a 180?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 07:18 AM
 
14,253 posts, read 15,327,070 times
Reputation: 13682
As Dwayne Allen said ... the Patriots could have been playing with a bar of soap instead of a ball and they would still have crushed the Colts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 08:46 AM
 
35,324 posts, read 25,158,624 times
Reputation: 32409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
Are you implying that the Colts deflated the ball? Did this just take a 180?

I'm not implying anything. But out of 12 balls, only one was significantly deflated, and it happened to be the one ball the Colts had.

It's just a mighty coincidence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 10:59 AM
 
6,444 posts, read 3,453,370 times
Reputation: 10222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I don't think anyone on this forum knows anything about any of the evidence that could be considered "truth" or "facts."

Remember, some of the initial media reports (which is where you are getting your "facts") have since been proven to be inaccurate.

Let's just see what the Wells investigation reports.

Regardless, the Patriots are PROVEN cheaters. They cheated before and that is a fact. Sorry if some of us want to let it all play out before clearing them.
The height as to which Spy Gate was elevated to, which makes fans like yourself say proven cheaters, in itself is pathetic.

They got heavily fined for a rules infraction, which the media and then fans derived as pure cheating. People decided to erase thew fine line between competitive edge and cheating with the Patriots. Almost every team came out and stated they did the same thing right up until that year, and even then, it was a letter issued by the NFL for which the Pats were stupid enough to "misinterpret". The infraction of taping, as with this "assumed" ball issue; Atlanta now with the pumped up fan noise (as the Colts were also accused of) - just rules infractions. But the cheating label was stamped on the Pats while all other teams are called a rules infraction by most. Winners always have targets on them, but those who aim are blind and hide behind the bandwagon that has been created.

And as already stated, we could look at other teams and go down the path of cheating, but why bother as you in the court of public opinion have already convicted and locked up the Patriots for life.

One thing I agree with you, and as a Pats fan have been saying from the start - until an official report is issue it's a witch hunt.


...and all those on the band wagon must be in so much pain at this time, seeing that proven cheating team win.....again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 11:06 AM
 
35,324 posts, read 25,158,624 times
Reputation: 32409
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
They got heavily fined for a rules infraction, which the media and then fans derived as pure cheating.

People seem to have a real bad misunderstanding of what the infraction was. Their so called cheating was for an infraction of one half of the first game of the year (Jets). It wasn't because they were taping signals. That was and still is legal. It was where they were taping signals from. The league said in the offseason you can't tape from the sideline, they did, for one half of one game. That's the entire offense. Taping prior years was perfectly legal.

So yeah, way blown out or proportion. One half of one game due to location of the camera. Nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,754 posts, read 1,934,994 times
Reputation: 1880
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

#2 All of the other balls that were measured at halftime that were below 12.5 were just a "few ticks under" ...).
Deflategate flat, but I will make the following correction to the above statement...

Quote from Ian Rapoport:

"Several were about a pound under, and several more were just a tick below 12.5 PSI."



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-03-2015, 12:13 PM
 
6,444 posts, read 3,453,370 times
Reputation: 10222
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
People seem to have a real bad misunderstanding of what the infraction was. Their so called cheating was for an infraction of one half of the first game of the year (Jets). It wasn't because they were taping signals. That was and still is legal. It was where they were taping signals from. The league said in the offseason you can't tape from the sideline, they did, for one half of one game. That's the entire offense. Taping prior years was perfectly legal.

So yeah, way blown out or proportion. One half of one game due to location of the camera. Nothing more.

And people wonder why Pats fans call other haters.

It's amazing how a story goes down in folklore deemed pure evil when in fact it has no real relevance to the accomplishments of the team, yet the team (and Brady and Belichick) will always be tarnished in the eyes of others with people screaming for asterisks.

Talk about turning a blind eye. Of course if the Pats were a perennial cellar dweller it would have been laughed off back in 2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top