Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 03:01 PM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times

Advertisements

Last minute thoughts and predictions before kickoff---running commentary through the game---post game remarks!! A tribute thread will come along by JJG,one of the long time posters on this forum. Will keep this as a *sticky* for today and the tribute thread will be a *sticky* for this week.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-01-2015 at 04:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 03:24 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
I'm going to watch...but could care less who wins. I'm not much of a fan of either team.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:33 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
As stated in the other thread, I'll stick with my 37-20 Patriots. I think Seattle's banged up secondary will have something to do with that, but I also think we have a couple of wild cards that make the difference.

On offense I think it's obvious - Gronk. The Pats haven't had a healthy Gronk this deep in the playoffs since he arrived. He is a gamer as much as Lynch is.

On defense, it's Jamie Collins. I'm confident that Revis, Browner (subject to penalties), and McCourty can keep the passing game manageable, and I trust Wilfork and the guys will hold Lynch to right around the century mark. That leaves Wilson, who is dangerous. But Jamie Collins has shown incredible speed side to side and in your face. I think he prevents Wilson from having a big day with his legs, and forces him to rely on his arm (and my previous comment to the secondary).

As always with guessing, I could be wrong. But no reason not to have confidence going in.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:47 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
This is the first time in a while I can say that I haven't really been amped up for the game, and I don't know why because they're both very good teams with compelling story lines. I guess maybe these two teams are just too familiar to us now, having both been competitive for the past several years.

This is the first time in a while I haven't really had a pre-game routine. I'm just waiting endlessly to watch the game. I blame that on moving from the Pacific to the Eastern Time Zone. I miss getting up and watching sports at 10 a.m. and being done with it all by 9 p.m. at the latest. Now I have to wait until 1 p.m. on Sundays and 6 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday, and it's not over until 10 p.m. or later. I still like the competition of the Super Bowl but the event has become a hype machine - perhaps too much so.

Anyway, the game itself? A winnable game for New England - they match up better against Seattle than Denver did last year, so I seriously doubt that Seattle bludgeons another AFC opponent to death by halftime. I think they'll still wear them down and win the game in the 4th quarter though. But who knows...maybe Bellichick comes up with some big trick plays that catch Seattle off guard early. I'll call it Seattle 24-22.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:54 PM

Metalmancpa is right. Gronkowski versus Chancellor.

Gronk is a 3 time all pro, as is Chancellor.

Gronk is 6 ft. 6in.,Chancellor is 6 ft. 3in..

The one differing thought is for the first time in a while Gronk is injury free. Chancellor is fighting a knee injury,noticed him with a brace on in pregame warmups, says he's ready to go.

Cam is going to be tested.

Ten years from now,if injuries don't dog these two dudes, they would be talked about for entry to Canton.

Great, great players.

Seattle has to contain the hell out of Gronk on the line. THEY HAVE TO DISRUPT HIS TIMING WITH BRADY! They don't and Gronk will go bonkers. Fact. Eddlemen and Amendola might not be speed merchants but they are quality receivers,they run disciplined routes, and are not afraid of going over the middle. And don't think Eddlemen might not toss the ball, we all saw he can pass the ball just fine,thank you.

But Chancellor with his size and his range? A hell of a player as well!

Old 02-01-2015, 04:02 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
A few observations:

Seattle is the 12th Super Bowl champion to return to the game the following year to defend its title - 8 times teams have been successful in doing so - Green Bay, Miami, Pittsburgh (twice), San Francisco, Dallas, Denver, New England - and 3 times teams have failed to do so - Dallas, Washington, Green Bay.

Seattle is only the second team who will try and win its second consecutive Super Bowl against the previous team to win two in a row - the first team to do so was Dallas, who returned to Super Bowl XIII to defend their title (they beat Denver the previous year) and were defeated by Pittsburgh (who, incidentally, had previously won their second title in a row against Dallas).

Unless my review of history is incorrect, this Super Bowl will tie the record for the most total Super Bowls previously head coached by the two head coaches - Belicheck has coached 5 and Carroll has coached 1, matching Super Bowl XIII (Landry had coached 4 and Noll had coached 2) and Super Bowl XIX (Shula had coached 5 and Walsh had coached 1).

New England will set the record for the fastest team to play in seven Super Bowls (19 years - the current record is 24 years, by Dallas) and will break their own record as the fastest team to play in six Super Bowls (14 years - their current record is 16 years).

If New England loses, they will tie the record Denver set last year for the most Super Bowl losses with 5.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:12 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Brady looked mad. I like it.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:15 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Brady looked mad. I like it.
Guy is a warrior. Look at his eyes. There's no way he's retiring soon.

I liked the entrances. Patriots was fairly orderly & disciplined. Seahawks looked chaotic. Some guys running forwards, some running back & forth. Some random flags.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:55 PM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
I'm having a flashback of the Packer game. Lacy up the middle & short passes to drive the length of the field. Get in the red zone on first drive (or 2nd drive) & interception on 3rd down with Rodgers or Brady's eyes on a TD.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM

That was one of the fastest first quarters I've seen in years. Didn't even go a half hour!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football