U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 01:59 PM

1,069 posts, read 555,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I am a believer in being the best means beating the best. As a team, the Patriots did that this year by beating the defending Super Bowl champions. Unless I'm blind, Aaron Rodgers will one day be in the "best ever" discussion for QB's. I want next year to be a Patriots/Green Bay Super Bowl, so Brady can beat Rodgers once in the big game before retiring...then Rodgers can have his time :-)
Metal, i normally agree with your posts, but i don't get the "love" for Rodgers….is he a really good QB, absolutely….His SB year, he was 4-0 in the playoffs, other than that, he is 2-5….he took a 15-1 team vs the Giants and he totally spit the bit….what i find amazing, guys like Romo, Brady, Mannings, Roethlisberger, if they have bad games, they will get destroyed with criticism in the media….Rogers, NEVER….nobody will ever blame any bad game on Rodgers….this NFCCG, McCarthy got blamed, the defense got blamed, Bostic got blamed….Rodgers *crickets*, he had a lousy game with no criticism….i cannot fathom how he earned that much respect where he is above reproach
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 02:28 PM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
He isn't, and he does take heat here in the GB area and nationally, quite a few are not exactly on his bandwagon.

McGinn from the Milwaukee Journal is always on both Rodgers and McCarthy big time.

Bob McGinn - With Super Bowl in sight, Aaron Rodgers didn't deliver

I don't think he is above reproach, and he certainly owns up in press conferences and on his radio show after games.

I'm always saying putting playoff losses on QBs and using that as a stat to judge them is ridiculous. I don't like it, never will agree, just like number of SB wins means a QB is the best, not at all.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:10 PM

6,445 posts, read 3,453,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Metal, i normally agree with your posts, but i don't get the "love" for Rodgers….is he a really good QB, absolutely….His SB year, he was 4-0 in the playoffs, other than that, he is 2-5….he took a 15-1 team vs the Giants and he totally spit the bit….what i find amazing, guys like Romo, Brady, Mannings, Roethlisberger, if they have bad games, they will get destroyed with criticism in the media….Rogers, NEVER….nobody will ever blame any bad game on Rodgers….this NFCCG, McCarthy got blamed, the defense got blamed, Bostic got blamed….Rodgers *crickets*, he had a lousy game with no criticism….i cannot fathom how he earned that much respect where he is above reproach
I wouldn't say "love", but more of watching him play and his mechanics. He is one of the smoothest at the position, and he has a strong and accurate arm. Maybe I guess I am expecting him to breakout and be something greater. Maybe when I look at him versus Romo, Big Ben, etc, I see someone who appears more comfortable in the pocket, and using that word again, smoothly use his feet when needed.

Obviously not a GB fan, so I don't follow all the media on him. I can only judge by the games I see.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:44 PM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,879,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Vegas has Seattle as the favorites to win it all next year.
Well, if they can't re-sign Lynch, i don't see how they can. With Wilson about to receive a mega million $ contract, they might not have enough $ to re-sign him. Then again, what is the use of re-signing Lynch when you don't use him at the most important time in a game anyway right?...

Old 02-03-2015, 05:14 PM

Please keep me honest....isn't Lynch signed thru next season or is his contract up after this years SB?

Old 02-03-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I wouldn't say "love", but more of watching him play and his mechanics. He is one of the smoothest at the position, and he has a strong and accurate arm. Maybe I guess I am expecting him to breakout and be something greater. Maybe when I look at him versus Romo, Big Ben, etc, I see someone who appears more comfortable in the pocket, and using that word again, smoothly use his feet when needed.

Obviously not a GB fan, so I don't follow all the media on him. I can only judge by the games I see.
Will agree that he may be the most accurate QB there is right now, with a Marino like quick release and a huge bonus is he is mobile....other than his SB run, he has been below average in his 5 other appearances. He reminds me (so far) like P Manning....great regular season QB, gaudy regular season numbers, but when it comes playoff time, he is normally off his game

Old 02-03-2015, 05:31 PM

368 posts, read 802,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Well, if they can't re-sign Lynch, i don't see how they can. With Wilson about to receive a mega million $ contract, they might not have enough $ to re-sign him. Then again, what is the use of re-signing Lynch when you don't use him at the most important time in a game anyway right?...

Seattle has enough cap room to keep both Russell and Marshawn.

All the talk otherwise is coming from wishful rivals.

Old 02-04-2015, 05:33 AM

5,628 posts, read 4,221,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fy10fyr View Post
Seattle has enough cap room to keep both Russell and Marshawn.

All the talk otherwise is coming from wishful rivals.
Similar to the Cowboys, who have enough Cap room (after restructuring Romo's contract) to sign both Murray and Dez but... signing a long term deal to a RB is no longer considered a wise move. Of course, the Seahawks always seem to buck the trend so perhaps they will make both players (Wilson and Lynch) the highest paid at their positions... i suspect the Cowboys will not... unfortunately i suspect they sign or franchise Dez and let Murray go.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:17 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Similar to the Cowboys, who have enough Cap room (after restructuring Romo's contract) to sign both Murray and Dez but... signing a long term deal to a RB is no longer considered a wise move. Of course, the Seahawks always seem to buck the trend so perhaps they will make both players (Wilson and Lynch) the highest paid at their positions... i suspect the Cowboys will not... unfortunately i suspect they sign or franchise Dez and let Murray go.
For me it is hard to gauge what Murray is worth. His ypc of 4.7 was good but not great. With the amount of yards he racked up and the buzz he was getting you would think it would be over 5.0. If he is willing to take a discount, I think he can stick with the Cowboys.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:03 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,543,470 times
I think Murray will be a tough call. Early press (not that you can believe it) was he wasn't thrilled with the 1st offer they made. They don't have a great deal of cap room, even with Romos restructure. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or