U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 08:27 PM

7,293 posts, read 8,279,581 times

Advertisements

San Diego vs. Detroit for the Super Bowl.

Hey no one else is likely to predict it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 09:38 PM

7,245 posts, read 4,726,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Will agree that he may be the most accurate QB there is right now, with a Marino like quick release and a huge bonus is he is mobile....other than his SB run, he has been below average in his 5 other appearances. He reminds me (so far) like P Manning....great regular season QB, gaudy regular season numbers, but when it comes playoff time, he is normally off his game
Yeah, I've made the exact same comparison many times. I always thought Manning was just wound too tight in big games, and I think that's Aaron's problem too. Like Manning, he's obsessed with being perfect on every single play. Sometimes you just need to relax and chuck the damned ball, but Rodgers always looks to me as though he's got this internal calculator running a constant real-time track of his QB rating.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the only postseason in which Rodgers was worth a damn - much less excelled - was the one year he wasn't even expected to make the playoffs. Every other postseason, he looks like a bomb getting ready go off on every play. His body language is tense and tight, his face is rigid and contorted, and he looks like he's about to jump out of his skin half the time. The one thing I wish he would have learned from Favre is how to have fun out there. Because as soon as you start to forget that it's really only a game, you start to slip out of your zone.

I think that's a real problem with Rodgers, and if he doesn't learn how to deal with that, I think he'll finish out as Manning II. A whole coffee table full of passing records, but only one ring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or