U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 04:46 PM

6,449 posts, read 3,458,717 times

Advertisements

From various sources I've read, many have Seattle #1, Patriots #2, Green Bay #3, Indianapolis #4, Denver #5, Dallas #6.........

I laughed as an Eagles blog had them at #1.

It's easy to pick this years Super Bowl contestants as #1 & #2 for next year, although I am a little surprised that many have Seattle #1 with the salary cap and Russell Wilson unresolved. No one knows how the Hawks will look next year, whereas the Pats will look similar (depending if they keep Revis and sign Vereen and Ridley).

As I see it right now, I would think the Ravens, Colts, and Steelers would be the tightest competition for the Patriots, with Denver and San Diego maybe, and everyone else chasing.

I think the NFC is tougher. Green Bay to me is still the most well rounded team. The jury will always be out on the Cowboys, and I'm not sure if Arizona is truly for real. I always think with Ryan Atlanta can do something as with Brees and New Orleans, but after this past year who knows. Cam and the Panthers are always worrisome too.

Depending on roster moves, right now I would see a re-match in the NFC Championship with Seattle and Green Bay, and the Colts/Patriots in the AFC Championship. I see a Pats/Green Bay Super Bowl, but too early for me to say repeat. Rodgers and Green Bay are scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 05:02 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,887,058 times
I think the Colts are gonna break through for their 1st Super Bowl win with Andrew Luck paving the way. I hope it doesnt happen since i'm a Texans fan and the Colts are in their division, but the Texans don't have a half ass decent QB yet. Would like to see them try and make a trade for Nick Foles, but who knows.

I hope the Cowboys make it for the NFC. Colts/Cowboys in the next SB...haha

Old 02-02-2015, 05:10 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,511,430 times
Denver should be favored for the AFC at least. Kubiak coming in with a healthy Manning. Buffalo can be good too, they can make a NYJ type run from 4-5 years ago. Steelers are going to be a mess. Ravens will depend on the OC and also free agency/draft. Torrey Smith is a free agent, and they need a corner and/or a safety. Colts will go 11-5 and get knocked out of the playoffs over and over again until they get some better players.

I don't believe in GB. I think Arizona can be good with Palmer healthy, but Fitz is likely gone. Seattle can still be good, but I like the Giants to make another wild card run. They were on a roll until Cruz got injured. Cruz and Beckham can be scary together as long as they can get good Eli and not interception machine Eli.

I say Bal/Den in the AFCCG and NYG/GB in the NFCCG.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:18 PM

1,069 posts, read 555,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
Denver should be favored for the AFC at least. Kubiak coming in with a healthy Manning. Buffalo can be good too, they can make a NYJ type run from 4-5 years ago. Steelers are going to be a mess. Ravens will depend on the OC and also free agency/draft. Torrey Smith is a free agent, and they need a corner and/or a safety. Colts will go 11-5 and get knocked out of the playoffs over and over again until they get some better players.

I don't believe in GB. I think Arizona can be good with Palmer healthy, but Fitz is likely gone. Seattle can still be good, but I like the Giants to make another wild card run. They were on a roll until Cruz got injured. Cruz and Beckham can be scary together as long as they can get good Eli and not interception machine Eli.

I say Bal/Den in the AFCCG and NYG/GB in the NFCCG.
I think GB is a lot like Den....really good regular season teams that struggle to advance in the playoffs. Rodgers barely has a winning playoff record

Old 02-02-2015, 05:26 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,552,037 times
Tough to say this early! Last year many were high on Bears for the North. Lions will give the Pack trouble, as Caldwell gets their act together. Vikings need some pieces but they were better than their actual record. Bears, who knows??? Packers need to sign Cobb & Bulaga, keeping the same O line would be huge. Packers are a young team, they should contend again.

I'm thinking the Cowboys might be in cap trouble so can they resign FAs, Murray was a major reason for their success. How about Seattle? Isn't Wilson due for a contract soon? What about the Eagles, will they be good again? I think the South will be better, a bounce back year. The North was bad in 2013 and had 2 teams in the playoffs 2014, could be the same with the NFC South. I can't see Falcons and Saints being bad again, plus Panthers shouldn't regress.

I'm still hoping for that Packers - Patriots SB! Team game and I'm never ready to jump on the critical bandwagon for QBs that don't have the playoff wins.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:33 PM

8,260 posts, read 9,561,417 times
Vegas has Seattle as the favorites to win it all next year.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:35 PM

2,757 posts, read 2,372,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
From various sources I've read, many have Seattle #1, Patriots #2
The NFL powers that be can't put America through another Seattle vs Patriots championship. We deserve better. At least one team in the next super bowl has to be at least 10% likeable.

Patriots vs Cowboys would be pretty awful as well.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:39 PM

1,069 posts, read 555,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
The NFL powers that be can't put America through another Seattle vs Patriots championship. We deserve better. At least one team in the next super bowl has to be at least 10% likeable.

Patriots vs Cowboys would be pretty awful as well.
This was a great SB, clearly the 2 best teams....The networks would sign right now for Pats vs Cowboys, 2 of the most popular teams in the NFL

Old 02-02-2015, 07:13 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,881,732 times
New England is making a trip to Arlington at some point next season, so we'll at least get to see New England and Dallas play at least once.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:19 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,552,037 times
That should be a good game, I won't get to see it probably, unless it gets a prime time slot, which it could due to the Pats winning the SB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or