U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2015, 11:23 AM
 
35,324 posts, read 25,177,423 times
Reputation: 32414

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually they can accept that what the team did was wrong, and they can move on as well. the problem however comes whenever a news story hits, and the pats are called cheaters, but other teams get a pass. its about the hypocrisy here.

Yeah, everyone in Boston accepts they did something wrong. No one on sports radio, or around the water cooler, thinks it was ok that they taped from the wrong location for one half, of one game (first game of the season). People were pissed off that they did that and cost themselves a draft pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-05-2015, 11:52 AM
 
9,599 posts, read 4,598,726 times
Reputation: 5461
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah, everyone in Boston accepts they did something wrong. No one on sports radio, or around the water cooler, thinks it was ok that they taped from the wrong location for one half, of one game (first game of the season). People were pissed off that they did that and cost themselves a draft pick.
And Denver seems to get a complete pass for doing the same thing, three years later. The whole point of this thread is, they all cheat and they are all wrong for doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2015, 01:47 PM
 
16,527 posts, read 20,975,025 times
Reputation: 47975
Um, Denver did not get a pass.

According to NFL.com., the NFL announced that on 11/28/10 both the Denver Broncos organization AND Josh McDaniels were fined $50,000 each for taping a San Francisco practice when both clubs were in London for the Sunday game. The league stated that both coach and team were fined because this violation should have been reported to the league right away-and it wasn't. Whether it was a day, 2 days, or a week, I'd have to look it up.

The one who done the videotaping was a guy by the name of Steve Scarnnechia who was also involved in the Spygate stuff with the Patriot franchise. The stupid thing about all this was from what I remember the video lasted all of 6 minutes of a walk through drill.

Three weeks later, Josh McDaniels was fired. The videotaping was most likely the tipping point for that firing but Denver was 3-7 when this came about, plus the fact that they lost 8 of their last 10 games the year before.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-05-2015 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2015, 02:52 PM
 
9,599 posts, read 4,598,726 times
Reputation: 5461
You have to wonder why the Pats were penalized so much more. They were fined a lot more and lost a draft pick. But what I meant as a pass, no one calls the Broncos cheaters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2015, 03:02 PM
 
2,286 posts, read 1,511,083 times
Reputation: 1143
Quit crying about perception. Just enjoy the Super Bowl victory instead of whining about what people think about them. By the way, the media loves Brady and the Patriots. And Brady gets preferential treatment when it comes to roughing the passer calls, and there's no denying it. (He's not the only one.) I've never seen Steelers fans whining that Roethlisberger can get hit low all day and not get any calls, but certain other QBs can't. I certainly didn't see them whining about it after winning either of their Super Bowls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2015, 03:28 PM
 
16,527 posts, read 20,975,025 times
Reputation: 47975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
But what I meant as a pass, no one calls the Broncos cheaters.
We're good. I read into this a tad too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2015, 03:28 PM
 
Location: SWFL
22,878 posts, read 19,303,600 times
Reputation: 21320
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Um, Denver did not get a pass.

According to NFL.com., the NFL announced that on 11/28/10 both the Denver Broncos organization AND Josh McDaniels were fined $50,000 each for taping a San Francisco practice when both clubs were in London for the Sunday game. The league stated that both coach and team were fined because this violation should have been reported to the league right away-and it wasn't. Whether it was a day, 2 days, or a week, I'd have to look it up.

The one who done the videotaping was a guy by the name of Steve Scarnnechia who was also involved in the Spygate stuff with the Patriot franchise. The stupid thing about all this was from what I remember the video lasted all of 6 minutes of a walk through drill.

Three weeks later, Josh McDaniels was fired. The videotaping was most likely the tipping point for that firing but Denver was 3-7 when this came about, plus the fact that they lost 8 of their last 10 games the year before.
I will never understand why the Patriots re-hired Josh McDaniels. He got them into Spygate, he has been caught cheating with Denver, don't know why he got canned from the Jets but now he's back and we have deflate-gate. He may be a good coach but he is poison too! McDaniels is the cheater, not Brady. JMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2015, 10:26 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
5,628 posts, read 4,223,374 times
Reputation: 4582
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I will never understand why the Patriots re-hired Josh McDaniels. He got them into Spygate, he has been caught cheating with Denver, don't know why he got canned from the Jets but now he's back and we have deflate-gate. He may be a good coach but he is poison too! McDaniels is the cheater, not Brady. JMHO.
Josh McDaniels
jets
??
What did i miss?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2015, 01:45 PM
 
5,364 posts, read 6,002,224 times
Reputation: 7158
For some reason msnbc fox and cnn aren't leading with this story like they did deflategate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2015, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,320 posts, read 21,890,925 times
Reputation: 33486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
The crowd noise is not much of a story here.. sure it was mentioned a few times on the radio but nothing will be made of it until the fine comes and or the draft pick. If they lose a draft pick then it will be a big deal because lets be honest.. a fine would be a joke, you have to dock them a pick if you really want to punish them otherwise your not deterring them at all.
they should make the Falcons crowd have to cheer for real
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top