U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 07:15 PM

6,504 posts, read 3,484,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The Bills breaking the Gillette Stadium curse in their first game with RR as HC would be very nice!
The Bills won the last game of this season at Gillette. And no excuse that the Pats had #1 seed locked up.

I'd love to see RR come to Gillette and have it handed to him. He's a loud mouth and a one-sided coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 07:53 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,915,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The Bills won the last game of this season at Gillette. And no excuse that the Pats had #1 seed locked up.

I'd love to see RR come to Gillette and have it handed to him. He's a loud mouth and a one-sided coach.
Easy to say when your team won the SB (in such spectacular fashion nonetheless ).

I'm not sold on the RR hire yet. I want them to come into Foxboro and win a regular season game that matters against a formidable opponent like the Pats when the Pats have something to play for. The fact that Brady played as long as he did into that game was just stunning.

Honestly, I think Brady/Belicheck will dominate the AFC East for the next 5 years. Brady still plays like he's 25 y/o. I see another 4 division titles and at least one more SB win (possibly 2). Party on while it lasts!

Old 02-09-2015, 08:22 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,517,828 times
Rex hasn't been loud in years unless I'm forgetting something.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:06 AM

8,345 posts, read 14,136,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
The eagles will never play a good team on the road in week 1
Quote:
Since the Eagles became alive again in 2000, the only good AFC team they played on the road in week 1 was the Titans 12 years ago. So it's not something you see too often when the Eagles play their first game of the season.
The 2013 Eagles opened up in Washington, who was coming off a 10-6 season.
The 2009 Eagles opened up at Carolina, who was coming off a 12-4 season.
The 2005 Eagles opened up at Atlanta, who was coming off a 11-5 season.

I very much doubt the Eagles rate of opening up on the road against teams coming off good seasons is much different than anyone else.

Old 02-10-2015, 02:01 PM

11,736 posts, read 11,578,635 times
NFL schedulers have quite the challenge every year and I don't think there is any pattern that can pointed to for any team. The only thing I've noticed is some teams get more exposure, prime time games for whatever reason. Packers usually come out on the good end of that but generally players prefer the early games.

I mentioned this before do any teams start with division rivals right off the bat?

Old 02-10-2015, 04:01 PM

2,532 posts, read 4,968,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

No excuse? The Pats rested several starters in that game...

Old 02-10-2015, 07:56 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,446,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
The 2013 Eagles opened up in Washington, who was coming off a 10-6 season.
The 2009 Eagles opened up at Carolina, who was coming off a 12-4 season.
The 2005 Eagles opened up at Atlanta, who was coming off a 11-5 season.

I very much doubt the Eagles rate of opening up on the road against teams coming off good seasons is much different than anyone else.
I mentioned that the last time the Eagles played a good AFC team on the road in week 1 was 2002. Those teams you listed were NFC teams not AFC teams on the road.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:03 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,078,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The Bills breaking the Gillette Stadium curse in their first game with RR as HC would be very nice!
x2. Rex is the guy to do it.

As Rex said with the Jets, if they play like the Bills, they can beat every ****ing slap-d*ck team in this league.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:04 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,517,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
NFL schedulers have quite the challenge every year and I don't think there is any pattern that can pointed to for any team. The only thing I've noticed is some teams get more exposure, prime time games for whatever reason. Packers usually come out on the good end of that but generally players prefer the early games.

I mentioned this before do any teams start with division rivals right off the bat?
The Ravens have a few times recently. Vs. Cincinnati last year and 2012, vs. Pittsburgh in 2011. In 2008, they started out with Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh in weeks 1-3.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:17 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,136,695 times
Quote:
I mentioned that the last time the Eagles played a good AFC team on the road in week 1 was 2002. Those teams you listed were NFC teams not AFC teams on the road.
You're first comment was quoted and readable by everyone, you and I included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or