Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 02:23 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

Rice admits to “illegal” use of stickum | ProFootballTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 03:43 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
I just hope more of this stuff comes out. Players and coaches have been hiding behind the Patriots giggling that they never got caught.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:13 PM

I guess that Rice had forgot that he admitted to cheating. He was all over the Pats over the deflated footballs.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:14 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Yup....and Rice was yapping all last week about the Pats. Funny watching this "worm turn".

Old 02-06-2015, 10:16 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Lets watch all the Pats fans put a spin on all their cheating and cheap wins over the years. Hey look, Jerry Rice cheated twenty years ago, so its not just us!

Old 02-06-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Lets watch all the Pats fans put a spin on all their cheating and cheap wins over the years. Hey look, Jerry Rice cheated twenty years ago, so its not just us!
It's not the point from the other perspective.

The Pats were made an example of only because Mangini was the whistle blower. Players like Rice, and whoever long before the Pats were gaining a competitive edge. When the Pats got fined they were labeled cheaters, yet all before it was just considered part of the game.

Fans like yourself are truly wolves, refusing to comprehend the bigger picture, one that has existed throughout the history of the NFL. Instead, fans like yourself have a hook to hang some hate on and run together with the pack, continuing to barf back the "others did it" excuse as no excuse for the Pats. A bunch of hypocrites, some in denial, and some plain haters for the hell of it.

Jerry Rice is just a hypocrite, and is Charles Haley, the Ravens, the Colts, many fans - continue on your merry way. I in turn will enjoy the long dynasty run of the Patriots, the team that outsiders are "just so sick and tired of".

Old 02-07-2015, 07:44 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Feel free to list all of these cheap wins the Patriots have had.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Remember, the broncos did the exact thing that the Pats did, just three years later. Where are the people calling them cheaters?

Old 02-07-2015, 08:12 AM

I posted elsewhere of the new conspiracy theory that the Colts deflated the now one ball that was 2 PSI under-inflated, the intercepted one. The other balls are said to be barely under.

Look, those against the Pats will forever continue to bash us who only point out the other players and teams over history have looked for their own competitive edges, all that would be considered cheating, and many that give a much more defined edge then what the Pats have done (taping from the wrong place, the sidelines) and what they have been accused of doing (under inflated balls - a story looking more manufactured every day). I have seen denial in real life all the time, and the hater fans will always be in denial and never "get it".

Old 02-12-2015, 03:56 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
It's not the point from the other perspective.

The Pats were made an example of only because Mangini was the whistle blower. Players like Rice, and whoever long before the Pats were gaining a competitive edge. When the Pats got fined they were labeled cheaters, yet all before it was just considered part of the game.

Fans like yourself are truly wolves, refusing to comprehend the bigger picture, one that has existed throughout the history of the NFL. Instead, fans like yourself have a hook to hang some hate on and run together with the pack, continuing to barf back the "others did it" excuse as no excuse for the Pats. A bunch of hypocrites, some in denial, and some plain haters for the hell of it.

Jerry Rice is just a hypocrite, and is Charles Haley, the Ravens, the Colts, many fans - continue on your merry way. I in turn will enjoy the long dynasty run of the Patriots, the team that outsiders are "just so sick and tired of".
Excellent post, and spot on. I too am sick of this crap.

Rice is indeed a hypocrite. At one time, I was a fan of Jerry Rice. Then I went to a high school track meet in Menlo Park when his son was still in high school and he was still living in Atherton. His son and my daughter were participating in the meet. I saw Jerry and took my young son over to meet him. I had told my son about the great 49ers team with Montana and Rice. My son was a big football fan, only 10 years old. I walked up to Rice and told him that I'd like my son to meet him. He turned around and walked away from me without saying a word. When I repeated that I only wanted my young son to meet him, he got on his cell phone and told someone that he might have to leave because he was being "harassed". It was quite a slight. Absolutely no class, and I didn't appreciate him brushing me off in front of my son like that. I used the occasion as an example to my son on what an ignorant, low class person was. Even celebrities and famous athletes can be terribly ignorant and low class. So his revelation that he cheated doesn't surprise me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football