U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2015, 04:01 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,681,510 times
Reputation: 32349

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
hey...that site is just off the 405....
Good luck getting past the Rams game traffic in Inglewood to get to Carson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-22-2015, 12:10 AM
 
Location: San Antonio
927 posts, read 1,209,916 times
Reputation: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
hey...that site is just off the 405....

wouldn't it be weird for LA to wind up with three teams and San Antonio none?
Los Angeles will never get three NFL teams. It's a ridiculous notion to even contemplate. And it wouldn't be "weird" if this crazy idea actually went down it would be incredibly stupid, wrong and insulting to any San Antonio pro football fan including myself.

Thankfully we have city and business leaders in SA that really care about bringing the elite NFL to the city. After the fiasco and pack of lies these leaders were dealt by the supremely incompetent and moronic Mark Davis some around here were disheartened. But not I. I know the San Antonio/Austin Corridor would be a goldmine for any owner that would move his franchise here.

So to me all the political and stadium related machinations that forever occur in California are just fodder for the sports msm. The league, msm and many owners have been talking about the NFL returning to LA for decades now. Now this latest rumor/plan being floated about has everyone all excited in LA. When in actuality Los Angeles is a wasteland and burial ground for NFL teams. History has shown this to be true.

So to me ultimately after all the dust settles, San Antonio will finally get its NFL franchise. Call me the eternal optimist but I just see it as inevitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2015, 04:07 PM
 
32,532 posts, read 30,681,510 times
Reputation: 32349
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
When in actuality Los Angeles is a wasteland and burial ground for NFL teams. History has shown this to be true.
The Rams left Southern California because Carroll Rosenbloom, the owner, drowned. For tax reasons, he left 70% of the team to his wife. (Who had been his mistress for several years and had five previous husbands but that's another thread.) She made a series of moves that alienated VERY loyal Rams fans to the point obscenities were chanted when she strolled out onto the field. (Where, I suspect, someone had to tell her the difference between the quarterback and the ball boy.)

Rams fans, who weren't stupid, weren't going to spend their hard-earned money on a team Georgia Frontier (who found herself herself husband #7 within a year of becoming a widow) owned. Her solution to hearing "F*** you Georgia!" at every home game? Move the team to her hometown, St. Louis, where she would be met with love and adoration wherever she went. Which she owed to the golden arm of Kurt Warner.

Had Georgia Frontier not inherited the Rams the debacle in St. Louis would never have happened and the Rams would not be calling moving companies to get estimates on how much Mayflower charges to make the return trip to L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2015, 11:46 AM
 
Location: California
2,013 posts, read 2,014,761 times
Reputation: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The Rams left Southern California because Carroll Rosenbloom, the owner, drowned. For tax reasons, he left 70% of the team to his wife. (Who had been his mistress for several years and had five previous husbands but that's another thread.) She made a series of moves that alienated VERY loyal Rams fans to the point obscenities were chanted when she strolled out onto the field. (Where, I suspect, someone had to tell her the difference between the quarterback and the ball boy.)

Rams fans, who weren't stupid, weren't going to spend their hard-earned money on a team Georgia Frontier (who found herself herself husband #7 within a year of becoming a widow) owned. Her solution to hearing "F*** you Georgia!" at every home game? Move the team to her hometown, St. Louis, where she would be met with love and adoration wherever she went. Which she owed to the golden arm of Kurt Warner.

Had Georgia Frontier not inherited the Rams the debacle in St. Louis would never have happened and the Rams would not be calling moving companies to get estimates on how much Mayflower charges to make the return trip to L.A.
I totally agree to this post!! Not only did Georgia Rosenbloom become Georgia Frontierre within 6 months of Carrol Rosenbloom dying, I also thought him dying of drowning was suspicious since he was an expert swimmer.

There is no way the Rams ever move to St. Louis if he lives, Steve Rosenbloom should've been the new owner. The Rams need to come back to LA.

As for the Chargers and Raiders, I don't think both teams combined have the financial resources to build a privately financed stadium!! The man with the power is Stan Kroenke and he has the ball rolling. What he might want to do is call either the Chargers or the Raiders to see if they want to be a tenant to share with the Los Angeles Rams in Inglewood. I think either team would jump at the chance to play in Inglewood if SK and his group are building the stadium themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2015, 01:27 PM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
1,057 posts, read 1,535,035 times
Reputation: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
As for the Chargers and Raiders, I don't think both teams combined have the financial resources to build a privately financed stadium!! The man with the power is Stan Kroenke and he has the ball rolling. What he might want to do is call either the Chargers or the Raiders to see if they want to be a tenant to share with the Los Angeles Rams in Inglewood. I think either team would jump at the chance to play in Inglewood if SK and his group are building the stadium themselves.
Yep, the Raiders are the ones with their "hands out" in this whole thing, their ownership has the least money from what I understand. They couldn't do anything on their own, they're renters not owners. The Chargers have already (just in the last few days) lit the fire under SD's Mayor and Task Force, so the Chargers leverage plan (using Carson) has worked very well. SD is going to make something happen for them, it may involve shifty accounting/bonds/loans etc, but I'm sure they'll keep the Chargers.

The Raiders simply need to come to grips with the fact that they are the ugly step-child in this bunch. If they stay up in the Bay, they're in a dump and 2nd fiddle to the 49'ers. But if they move to LA and cohabitate with Stan's Rams, they'll be 2nd fiddle only technically because of their rental status, but really they'll be the more popular team in LA (more Raiders than Rams fans here by a large amount). They're just never going to be the more popular team in the Bay (even if they get a new stadium). So it seems like a win-win for the Raiders to move to LA to be the more popular team in the area, and play in a brand new stadium that somebody else is paying for.

Also, the whole "NFL using LA as leverage" is true, but even if the LA market gets occupied in the next few years with 2 teams, there are still plenty of chips for the NFL to play, such as San Antonio, Portland, St Louis if they lose the Rams, and of course London (seriously, gimme a break). It's not like the leverage game will be over for the NFL just cause LA is not there to scare everyone else anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 09:43 AM
 
Location: California
2,013 posts, read 2,014,761 times
Reputation: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Yep, the Raiders are the ones with their "hands out" in this whole thing, their ownership has the least money from what I understand. They couldn't do anything on their own, they're renters not owners. The Chargers have already (just in the last few days) lit the fire under SD's Mayor and Task Force, so the Chargers leverage plan (using Carson) has worked very well. SD is going to make something happen for them, it may involve shifty accounting/bonds/loans etc, but I'm sure they'll keep the Chargers.

The Raiders simply need to come to grips with the fact that they are the ugly step-child in this bunch. If they stay up in the Bay, they're in a dump and 2nd fiddle to the 49'ers. But if they move to LA and cohabitate with Stan's Rams, they'll be 2nd fiddle only technically because of their rental status, but really they'll be the more popular team in LA (more Raiders than Rams fans here by a large amount). They're just never going to be the more popular team in the Bay (even if they get a new stadium). So it seems like a win-win for the Raiders to move to LA to be the more popular team in the area, and play in a brand new stadium that somebody else is paying for.

Also, the whole "NFL using LA as leverage" is true, but even if the LA market gets occupied in the next few years with 2 teams, there are still plenty of chips for the NFL to play, such as San Antonio, Portland, St Louis if they lose the Rams, and of course London (seriously, gimme a break). It's not like the leverage game will be over for the NFL just cause LA is not there to scare everyone else anymore.
You mean when they lose the Rams!!! The Los Angeles Rams are going back to where they belong!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2015, 08:24 PM
 
9,619 posts, read 4,610,159 times
Reputation: 5475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
You mean when they lose the Rams!!! The Los Angeles Rams are going back to where they belong!!
They started in Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2015, 11:32 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,883,415 times
Reputation: 2779
The Chargers should get their own new stadium in San Diego, leave the Raiders in Oakland and move the Rams back to Los Angeles.

It's unfortunate that San Diego cannot host the Super Bowl anymore, but cities like Houston, Detroit, Indianapolis, Minneapolis and Dallas can. I don't know about you, but I would much rather spend 3 or 4 days in San Diego in late January/early February than Houston, Detroit, Indianapolis, Minneapolis and Dallas.


Since the NFL is not going to allow every team a crack at hosting, they should simply rotate the Super Bowl between Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Glendale, San Diego and Los Angeles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2015, 09:54 AM
 
Location: California
2,013 posts, read 2,014,761 times
Reputation: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They started in Cleveland.
I didn't say where the Rams started, I said where they belong. Cleveland has the Browns and want nothing to do with the Rams. A lot of LA fans want the Rams back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2015, 09:02 AM
 
Location: La Mesa Aka The Table
7,495 posts, read 8,043,855 times
Reputation: 8532
Bumping this thread
6 months later and, i am still just as confused as i was in February.
The Chargers have left the negotiation table here in San Diego. The Raiders and the city of Alameda have both been kind of quite. The city of St Louis has really stepped up to help the rams build a new Stadium.
So The guy who needs the least amount of financial help, is getting the most financial help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top