U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 03:01 PM

697 posts, read 1,156,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
Why the Bills will beat the Patriots:

Jets beat the Patriots in the Divisional Round 28-21. The 2015 Bills will likely have a better defense and likely a better offense than the 2010 Jets.

The Bills have no playoff experience.

Rex always plays them tough. They lost 27-25 in Foxborough and 17-16 at MetLife. In both games, their kicker missed field goals.
Okay, so you're a Bills fanboy. I get it. In any event it's moot point -- the Bills won't even sniff the playoffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 06:56 PM

1,129 posts, read 1,074,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
Okay, so you're a Bills fanboy. I get it. In any event it's moot point -- the Bills won't even sniff the playoffs.
We don't know yet...

Old 03-02-2015, 07:13 PM

697 posts, read 1,156,029 times
Quote:
We don't know yet...
This is a QB league....the Bills don't even know who their quarterback is yet. That's why it's far-fetched to think that the Bills will make the playoffs, let alone knock off the defending champs and make it to the AFC Championship Game. I salute your loyalty to the Bills, but your hopes for your team are preventing you from realistically assessing your chances.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:47 PM

32,465 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Good point, I don't see the Cowboys at 8-8 but there are always big IFs! Cowboys do have cap issues though compared to some teams, plus Romo's $$$ hit this year unless he restructures is huge.
very true. i think however that romo is going to restructure his contract to allow enough cap room to let the cowboys either resign murray, or pick up another good running back, and still afford to pay bryant as a franchise player.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:23 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
Everything is speculation at this point! Franchising a player is tricky, as is pushing money out into future years! Only reason I knew about Romo because I was checking Aaron's number for this year. Packers did a great job writing up his contract, didn't mortgage the future.

I knew Packers wouldn't franchise Cobb, but fans are in feeding frenzy. Media, NFL and ESPN, are saying Cobb is hitting free agency, etc.! There is a week yet, and it could go down to the wire. Nelson has a Packer friendly contract adds to the issue with Cobb. Do you pay him way more than Jordy, #1 WR???

Fans are saying Packers can't get to the playoffs without Cobb!!! Are you kidding me??? What???? After last year, of course, I'm hoping this is their year but I say that every year!

Old 03-03-2015, 06:42 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,231,898 times
I don't entertain any thoughts of the Redskins having a winning season in 2015, but 3-13? That's not going to happen with Scot McCloughan as our new GM. He's already cleaning house. 6-10 is a very strong possibility though.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:41 AM

19,986 posts, read 18,940,630 times
In the NFC South, I would not rule out the Panthers winning the division again.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:03 PM

3,350 posts, read 5,953,781 times
If it adds any twists to the predictions, here are the opponents for each team in 2015:

Opponents set for 2015 NFL season - NFL.com

Everyone always makes so much of a big deal when the schedules come out, but we know from the moment the previous season ends who will be playing whom the following year. All the schedule does is set dates and times.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:17 AM

10,678 posts, read 11,087,576 times
I usually don't make predictions until after the draft and schedule release. Who you play matters, but the sequence in which you play them matters as well. With that said, I'm confident Manning's return for a 4th season in Denver means you can pencil the Broncos in for 11-5 and another trip to the playoffs, likely as the AFC West champ again. The bigger question is not can the Broncos make the playoffs, but will their new coaching staff get them over the hump once they get there? It certainly will not be easy.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 AM

6,450 posts, read 3,457,518 times
Quote:
Why the Bills will beat the Patriots:

Jets beat the Patriots in the Divisional Round 28-21. The 2015 Bills will likely have a better defense and likely a better offense than the 2010 Jets.

The Bills have no playoff experience.

Rex always plays them tough. They lost 27-25 in Foxborough and 17-16 at MetLife. In both games, their kicker missed field goals.
Rex doesn't play. I think the Bills future is looking brighter, but no team in the AFC East will knock off the Patriots, especially in the playoffs. You can hope EJ picks it up, but Cassell is just a middle of the road QB, and even though he "knows" the Pats from his previous stint, that won't make the difference. McCoy could be interesting, but the Pats have in general done OK against big time RB's. If the Bills pick up a speed rusher, that will help their D very much. And I'm not so sure the Bills won't take a step back with a new coach and system.

Unless the Pats strip down their roster (yes, Wilfork is pretty much gone, and ? on McCourty and Revis), the dominance of a Brady/Belichick team will continue to dominate the AFC (not just East).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or