U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2015, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Columbus,Ohio
1,014 posts, read 3,117,775 times
Reputation: 483

Advertisements

I disagree about Houston being #6 -they may be "in the Hunt" but I believe Bengals will be in the playoffs because the acquiring of AJ Hawke and especially if all the injured players recover and the team stays healthy and intact. However if the injuries for Cincy are as bad as last season or even worse then the Texans may be able to bump them out of the play offs. Also d4g4m is right-it is too early for predictions. The upcoming
draft could change things radically
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-25-2015, 10:34 PM
 
Location: North Texas
1,743 posts, read 958,771 times
Reputation: 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Hey, do you remember last year when people predicted the Steelers to finish 8-8, 7-9 or 6-10, and then they finished 11-5 and won the AFC North? That was awesome.
And the first round exit? That was even awesome-er!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2015, 07:34 AM
 
Location: A great city, by a Great Lake!
15,908 posts, read 10,070,478 times
Reputation: 7456
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
And the first round exit? That was even awesome-er!

I couldn't agree more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2015, 12:16 PM
 
Location: Trumbull/Danbury
6,536 posts, read 4,488,527 times
Reputation: 2462
When did Goodell push back the season to start in April??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2015, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,318 posts, read 21,872,221 times
Reputation: 33476
512 wins
512 losses
0 ties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2015, 07:35 PM
 
1 posts, read 529 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
AFC East
Patriots: 12-4 - Tom Brady will have one or two more good years.
Bills: 10-6 - The Bills with a better offense with that defense...
Dolphins: 8-8 - Phins will go 8-8 again, not 9-7.
Jets: 6-10 - I have a lot of faith in Todd Bowles

AFC North
Ravens: 11-5 - Harbaugh (the one not named Jim) always finds ways to win.
Steelers: 9-7 - The Steelers are a below average team, but play tough in their divisional games.
Bengals: 9-7 - Steelers will sweep them again.
Browns: 3-13 - Only reason they went 7-9 was because they played the weakest divisions.

AFC South
Colts: 11-5 - Luck is an interception machine, but they take the division.
Texans: 10-6 - Their future looks good.
Jaguars: 7-9 - If they get the right players in the draft, they will improve.
Titans: 2-12 - Sorry, not this year.

AFC West
Chargers: 10-6 - This is their year. Also likely their last season in SD.
Broncos: 9-7 - Declining Manning, they will regress this year.
Chiefs: 9-7 - Maybe next year.
Raiders: 4-12 - Not this year IMO, but still a team to watch.

Seed 1: Patriots
Seed 2: Ravens
Seed 3: Colts
Seed 4: Chargers
Seed 5: Bills
Seed 6: Texans

#5 Bills over #4 Chargers
#3 Colts over #6 Texans

#5 Bills over #1 Patriots
#2 Ravens over #3 Colts

#2 Ravens over #5 Bills

NFC East
Eagles: 11-5 - Chip is in his 3rd year, I see success.
Giants: 10-6 - I see a comeback this year.
Cowboys: 8-8 - Had a good year, now the start of their demise and Romo is declining.
Redskins: 3-13 - Not this year DC.

NFC North
Packers: 12-4 - The Big Green Machine!
Lions: 12-4 - Another good year for them.
Vikings: 8-8 - Break even this year.
Bears: 5-11 - Same as last season.

NFC South
Falcons: 10-6 - Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and an upgraded defense.
Panthers: 8-8 - Meh, they will be eh again, but finish strong.
Saints: Brees is getting older.
Buccaneers: 2-14 - Another bad year.

NFC West
Cardinals: 12-4 - If they stay healthy, they will win.
Seahawks: 8-8 - They will collapse again, look for Pete to be fired in 3-4 seasons from decline.
49ers: 6-10 - Without the other Harbaugh not named John, this team isnt going anywhere.
Rams: 5-11 - Good front 7.

Seed 1: Green Bay
Seed 2: Arizona
Seed 3: Eagles
Seed 4: Falcons
Seed 5: Lions
Seed 6: Giants

#3 Eagles over #6 Giants
#5 Lions over #4 Falcons

#1 Packers over #5 Lions
#2 Cardinals over #3 Eagles

#1 Packers over #2 Cardinals

Super Bowl
Packers over Ravens

Thoughts??
I just want to say one thing you talk bout Brees getting older well Tom Brady is 2 years older then Brees so Brady is getting older too.And if you think Brady is better then Brees here is some stats for you

Brady only thrown for over 5000 yards once in his career Brees has done it 4 times.

Brady has only thrown for over 40 TDs once in his career Brees done it 2 times.

In 9 years since Brees joined the Saints Brady only threw more TDs or Yards 2 times then last year they threw same amont of TDs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2015, 10:05 PM
 
3,721 posts, read 3,876,963 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
I just want to say one thing you talk bout Brees getting older well Tom Brady is 2 years older then Brees so Brady is getting older too.And if you think Brady is better then Brees here is some stats for you

Brady only thrown for over 5000 yards once in his career Brees has done it 4 times.

Brady has only thrown for over 40 TDs once in his career Brees done it 2 times.

In 9 years since Brees joined the Saints Brady only threw more TDs or Yards 2 times then last year they threw same amont of TDs.
Here are the stats that really matter:

Super Bowl Appearances:
Brady 6
Brees 1

Super Bowl Titles:
Brady 4
Brees 1

Playoff Wins:
Brady 21
Brees 11

You also realize Brees had almost 100 more attempts that Brady in 2014 right? Brees also has the benefit of playing 9 of his 16 games inside a climate controlled dome every year. In the last 5 seasons, Brees has finished top 5 for pass attempts in the NFL. So of course he's going to put up some big numbers.

I am not saying Brees isn't a good QB, because he is, but Brady is just a bit better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2015, 02:58 PM
 
Location: North Texas
1,743 posts, read 958,771 times
Reputation: 1568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
512 wins
512 losses
0 ties
511 wins
511 losses
1 tie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Warren, OH
2,748 posts, read 3,336,717 times
Reputation: 6472
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPizza View Post
AFC East
Patriots: 12-4 - Tom Brady will have one or two more good years.
Bills: 10-6 - The Bills with a better offense with that defense...
Dolphins: 8-8 - Phins will go 8-8 again, not 9-7.
Jets: 6-10 - I have a lot of faith in Todd Bowles

AFC North
Ravens: 11-5 - Harbaugh (the one not named Jim) always finds ways to win.
Steelers: 9-7 - The Steelers are a below average team, but play tough in their divisional games.
Bengals: 9-7 - Steelers will sweep them again.
Browns: 3-13 - Only reason they went 7-9 was because they played the weakest divisions.

AFC South
Colts: 11-5 - Luck is an interception machine, but they take the division.
Texans: 10-6 - Their future looks good.
Jaguars: 7-9 - If they get the right players in the draft, they will improve.
Titans: 2-12 - Sorry, not this year.

AFC West
Chargers: 10-6 - This is their year. Also likely their last season in SD.
Broncos: 9-7 - Declining Manning, they will regress this year.
Chiefs: 9-7 - Maybe next year.
Raiders: 4-12 - Not this year IMO, but still a team to watch.

Seed 1: Patriots
Seed 2: Ravens
Seed 3: Colts
Seed 4: Chargers
Seed 5: Bills
Seed 6: Texans

#5 Bills over #4 Chargers
#3 Colts over #6 Texans

#5 Bills over #1 Patriots
#2 Ravens over #3 Colts

#2 Ravens over #5 Bills

NFC East
Eagles: 11-5 - Chip is in his 3rd year, I see success.
Giants: 10-6 - I see a comeback this year.
Cowboys: 8-8 - Had a good year, now the start of their demise and Romo is declining.
Redskins: 3-13 - Not this year DC.

NFC North
Packers: 12-4 - The Big Green Machine!
Lions: 12-4 - Another good year for them.
Vikings: 8-8 - Break even this year.
Bears: 5-11 - Same as last season.

NFC South
Falcons: 10-6 - Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, and an upgraded defense.
Panthers: 8-8 - Meh, they will be eh again, but finish strong.
Saints: Brees is getting older.
Buccaneers: 2-14 - Another bad year.

NFC West
Cardinals: 12-4 - If they stay healthy, they will win.
Seahawks: 8-8 - They will collapse again, look for Pete to be fired in 3-4 seasons from decline.
49ers: 6-10 - Without the other Harbaugh not named John, this team isnt going anywhere.
Rams: 5-11 - Good front 7.

Seed 1: Green Bay
Seed 2: Arizona
Seed 3: Eagles
Seed 4: Falcons
Seed 5: Lions
Seed 6: Giants

#3 Eagles over #6 Giants
#5 Lions over #4 Falcons

#1 Packers over #5 Lions
#2 Cardinals over #3 Eagles

#1 Packers over #2 Cardinals

Super Bowl
Packers over Ravens

Thoughts??
Even though I am a big Jets fan, I do say when they are bad, and last year they were awful. This year they will at least get a wild card berth. The Pats lost some players and all three other teams have gotten better. Geno Smith will improve with a good receiving corp and an agressive and mean defense that will turn teams over. Jets will compete for division. Mark my words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2015, 02:49 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,538,449 times
Reputation: 18436
At this stage, I don't have a feel for what the next season is going to be like. In the AFC, I see the Patriots, Colts, and Ravens in the mix. In the NFC, I see the Seahawks and Packers at the top, maybe with the Packers having a slight edge. I have very low expectations for the Niners and the Raiders. This is all I have at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top