U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 04:58 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,820,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
What I found ironic with the whole investigation was out it criminalized the Patriots (without proof), but largely ignored the Seahawks. They essentially hold on every play, much more than any other team. Their defensive guys are good, but this provided them with an unfair advantage. Unfortunately, the refs have not been able/willing to call this on every play.

I find the proven evidence (its all on videotape) of cheating all the time by the Seahawks much worse than the potential (not proven) violation by the Patriots.
Sure they do, I bet all the teams who beat your team much cheat, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 05:15 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,129,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
You are no better then the media that prematurely leaked information. Have you followed the entire story? If so, you are still clueless, because a lot of things have come out since the initial leak that could point fingers elsewhere.

Plus, anyone who rides the coat tails of the cheating Pats hasn't done their research to understand Spygate, other teams, etc.

Always haters.
Today's media is more into tabloid sensationalism. They go after what ever is circumstantial, and laying on the surface. They fail to delve deeply by way of honest investigation.

They don't research seriously. They don't go out and do their homework on issues. They tend to plagiarize. They copy somebody else's reports word for word as if it was their's -- as if it was gospel.

It pains me to say so, but, in short, today's media is lazy, and prefers to take shortcuts to a story!

Old 03-19-2015, 05:19 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,883,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
There is nothing for the NFL to apologize for. The Pat's clearly had football that were underinflated during the game. The same balls were properly inflated when the officials checked them prior to the game.

With the track record of the Patriots with cheating, it's an easy assumption to think something may have occured.

The Pats should be happy if the NFL just leaves it alone.
A track record would indicate the Patriots have been penalized several times for cheating and that is simply not the case.....

Old 03-19-2015, 08:29 PM

6,459 posts, read 3,461,270 times
Long read if you care, but this is one of the better articles I've read concerning Spy Gate, an incident since that time that the hater bandwagon has been alive.

The Truth About Spygate: Punishing Success and Promoting Parity | Bleacher Report

Haters are going to hate, and I imagine 95% of them are blind, have no clue what they are hating, and don't understand the circumstances.

So we will wait and see what the NFL has found and what gets released when this supposed investigation is completed. And based on the truth about Spy Gate, attempts will continue to break down a winner for parity. Too bad - the Patriots have already succeeded far beyond any past dynasty in winning. 14 years. Cry away haters.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:05 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,978,960 times
The balls were underinflated and the team are responsible for the ball inflation. Who or how it happen is what investigation is about. No one need apologize to anyone for investigating .Some did it or someone slipped up on the patriots end.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:46 PM

1,817 posts, read 3,783,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Sure they do, I bet all the teams who beat your team much cheat, huh?
Actually, no. Only the Seahawks. Thanks for trying.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The balls were underinflated and the team are responsible for the ball inflation. Who or how it happen is what investigation is about. No one need apologize to anyone for investigating .Some did it or someone slipped up on the patriots end.
So you stopped at the very first leak and decided that was the truth. The rest of the leaks were just lies.

Even if (which I doubt) the NFL finds nothing and makes an apology, fans like you will probably just say Goodell is appeasing Kraft and tossing the evidence.

Another "fan" who can't stand seeing a team win for so long. Oh brother - this bandwagon of haters has been riding that train so long you don't even know why you're on the train.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:20 AM

2,123 posts, read 4,321,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
So you stopped at the very first leak and decided that was the truth. The rest of the leaks were just lies.

Even if (which I doubt) the NFL finds nothing and makes an apology, fans like you will probably just say Goodell is appeasing Kraft and tossing the evidence.

Another "fan" who can't stand seeing a team win for so long. Oh brother - this bandwagon of haters has been riding that train so long you don't even know why you're on the train.

I'll address some of your claims.

I read the article by Scott Schaeffer ... yes, all of it. Seems to be written from a Pats fan point of view so I can't call it non- biased neither. Long and quite convoluted article without being completely factual but full of claims and accusations (paranoia?) concerning Roger Goodell. That is how I took the article ... not convinced at all by this one sided, long, rambling, incomplete piece but I can see where you might be enamoured by it. BTW, searched the author and could find no bio on him.

Haters ... ahhhhh, sportssssss! Gotta love it, specially the NFL. BTW I do agree with some of the articles claims, especially about the desire for parity and no long term dominance (dynasties) in the NFL. But that is what the owners want ... they have been sold this theory and they think it'll make them more $$$$$$$$$$ !
Goodell is their man.

Back to haters, Hi, I am Bob and I'm a hater. BTW my team (Cowboys) is probably the most hated in pro sports (along with the Yankees).

I hate Belichick ... he is a no class, poisonous personality, pompous jerk. Brady ... easy to despise ... smug, arrogant, prickish. Pats ...win by hook or crook ... ever since the snowplow game that the officials (thus the NFL) let go giving the Patsies a quite unfair advantage the handwriting has been on the wall ... this ongoing "...whateverGate" is just more of the same. Certain teams/owners get breaks. Patsies, Stealers, GiAints ... Goodell, their "boy" runs interference for them. These teams are on the "inside circle of privilege and power" and you will rarely see them flounder much or for long. So my hate/resent is long and deep for their Northeastern privilege.

Yeah, I doubt much will come of this ... maybe some monetary fine. somebody did something and I hate to see the cover-up be successful. Nixon probably didn't erase the 18 minutes of tape himself nor did Obama write the speech saying if you like your insurance/doctor you can keep 'em himself. I don't like liars and cheaters nor their gangs ... period! I smell skunk ... It's coming from the Patriots complex. It walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck. I don't care for that persecution complex common among Pats fans.

But on a closing thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cF...-cFtSPIF4Q#t=0

Old 03-20-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I'll address some of your claims.

I read the article by Scott Schaeffer ... yes, all of it. Seems to be written from a Pats fan point of view so I can't call it non- biased neither. Long and quite convoluted article without being completely factual but full of claims and accusations (paranoia?) concerning Roger Goodell. That is how I took the article ... not convinced at all by this one sided, long, rambling, incomplete piece but I can see where you might be enamoured by it. BTW, searched the author and could find no bio on him.

Haters ... ahhhhh, sportssssss! Gotta love it, specially the NFL. BTW I do agree with some of the articles claims, especially about the desire for parity and no long term dominance (dynasties) in the NFL. But that is what the owners want ... they have been sold this theory and they think it'll make them more $$$$$$$$$$ !
Goodell is their man.

Back to haters, Hi, I am Bob and I'm a hater. BTW my team (Cowboys) is probably the most hated in pro sports (along with the Yankees).

I hate Belichick ... he is a no class, poisonous personality, pompous jerk. Brady ... easy to despise ... smug, arrogant, prickish. Pats ...win by hook or crook ... ever since the snowplow game that the officials (thus the NFL) let go giving the Patsies a quite unfair advantage the handwriting has been on the wall ... this ongoing "...whateverGate" is just more of the same. Certain teams/owners get breaks. Patsies, Stealers, GiAints ... Goodell, their "boy" runs interference for them. These teams are on the "inside circle of privilege and power" and you will rarely see them flounder much or for long. So my hate/resent is long and deep for their Northeastern privilege.

Yeah, I doubt much will come of this ... maybe some monetary fine. somebody did something and I hate to see the cover-up be successful. Nixon probably didn't erase the 18 minutes of tape himself nor did Obama write the speech saying if you like your insurance/doctor you can keep 'em himself. I don't like liars and cheaters nor their gangs ... period! I smell skunk ... It's coming from the Patriots complex. It walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck. I don't care for that persecution complex common among Pats fans.

But on a closing thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-cF...-cFtSPIF4Q#t=0

Too funny

It's your opinion about the Patriots, so not much I'm going to say to sway you. Once the dust settles from this fiasco of deflated balls, we can all move on.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:36 PM

9,618 posts, read 4,610,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
There is nothing for the NFL to apologize for. The Pat's clearly had football that were underinflated during the game. "" The same balls were properly inflated when the officials checked them prior to the game.""

With the track record of the Patriots with cheating, it's an easy assumption to think something may have occured.

The Pats should be happy if the NFL just leaves it alone.
Many of the players have stated that the officials only squeeze tested balls some times. I can't see the NFL doing anything if they can't be sure that the officials put a gauge on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football