U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
Chargers 4 6.45%
Packers 24 38.71%
Patriots 27 43.55%
Giants 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:11 PM

7,279 posts, read 13,535,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allah truth View Post
i honestly see a great match up. we'll see though. unless something unfortunate happens the pats are going to face their toughest challenge all year in the packers.
Well, this thread's a little confusing, because the title is "Who's gonna win", but the poll question is "Who do you want to win". Not the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 10:13 PM

10,425 posts, read 44,672,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I...HATE...THE PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/5.gif (broken link)

All the fans are unloyal as well. When they have an off season, everyone forgets about them and no one talks about them. Chargers fans are loyal, Giants, Jets, Bear especially. Bears fans and Dolphins fans are some of the most loyal b/c if anyone supports Miami after this season, they are a true fan.
Now that makes about as much sense as braille on a drive up ATM

Old 01-16-2008, 11:53 AM

1,703 posts, read 3,523,363 times
[quote=X-Greensboro Resident;2520343]No, we don't think. We wish!! We can only wish that somebody can take out these Pats as we can't stand them, most people outside of NE can't. They're probably one of the best teams ever in the NFL and one of the most annoying and most hated. But I don't see it happening, they'll probably win the Super Bowl again. It's hard to like them with Hoody (the Coach), Thug boy (Harrison), Cheesy (Bruschi) and Golden boy (Brady).

I probably won't be watching anymore football this year till next year. I'll be watching my Tar Heels play basketball and hopefully make a run to Final 4 this year.They will![/quote]

AMEN!!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:02 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,993,936 times
A fellow poster stated football fans were disloyal with a few exceptions. Of course, I disagree considering I am a Ram fan...even when they were in Los Angeles, I still rooted for them. Right now they may be crappy but who knows? A better season is in their future...however, since we are discussing the upcoming Super Bowl, I will have to go with the Packers. I have been a longtime Brett Favre fan and would like to see him get another ring. My second choice: the Chargers because it's been awhile since they've been in the Show.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:21 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,553,682 times
I think it will be Green Bay v. Pats. Pats win it.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:07 PM

5 posts, read 23,675 times
I'm going for New England. Just go ahead and get the perfect season over with. Green Bay would be a big suprise though!

Old 01-16-2008, 09:27 PM

528 posts, read 2,232,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I...HATE...THE PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the fans are unloyal as well. When they have an off season, everyone forgets about them and no one talks about them.

and, uh...what do you base this statement on?

Old 01-17-2008, 06:20 AM

6,760 posts, read 10,436,428 times
Even though New England seems the obvious favorite for winning, I just keep thinking back to the Baltimore, Philly, Giants and Jets game at the end of the season. If they perform like that and the Packers are playing their A game, I have no doubt the Packers will win. My biggest concern is whether or not the Packers will put together 4 quarters of their best play. If they don't, their chances drop really fast.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:50 AM

3,350 posts, read 5,956,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrench8456 View Post
are you people serius you really think the Packers can beat the patriots come on now people think.

It's not like the Patriots have some magical ward cast on them that makes them unbeatable. Look how close the Ravens came. The Ravens!

I've been watching football long enough to know not to get too overconfident, no matter how good a team may look. Who thought the Chargers could go into Indy, play without their three biggest stars, and beat the Colts? Who gave the Giants a shot against Dallas? Anything can happen. As Chris Berman always says, "That's why they play the games!"

If the big game ends up being Packers-Patriots, I wouldn't go thinking the game is just a coronoation for New England. Favre is a cagey veteran, and if anyone can pull out an unlikely win, it's him. Besides, the Packers are an extremely balanced team this year. Dominating D-line, sharp DBs, a solid running game, some of Favre's best receivers in a long time (Driver and Jennings don't get a lot of press, only because Favre is their QB, and Favre could make my grandma look like a star receiver!), and then you've got the big wild card .... Brett himself.

I was hoping someone would beat the Pats. Now I hope they get to the Super Bowl, so the Packers have a shot at knocking them off their perch!

Old 01-17-2008, 06:55 AM

3,350 posts, read 5,956,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyhossenlopp View Post
A fellow poster stated football fans were disloyal with a few exceptions. Of course, I disagree considering I am a Ram fan...even when they were in Los Angeles, I still rooted for them. Right now they may be crappy but who knows?
I know there are a lot of front-runner bandwagon fans out there ... it always happens, to every team that's winning. I've been following the Packers faithfully since 1982, and I saw the bandwagon load up in the mid-'90s, and then unload again a few years later, and now it's filling back up again. It's just human nature, I guess. Me, I'd rather pull for a team through thick and thin. I'm funny about loyalty that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football