U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?
Chargers 4 6.45%
Packers 24 38.71%
Patriots 27 43.55%
Giants 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:00 AM

3,350 posts, read 5,953,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
I...HATE...THE PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love watching a dominant team at the top of their game, running like a well-oiled machine. But I just don't have any respect for these guys. Ever since Spygate, I lost what respect I had for them. I would have felt a little better had they handled the whole thing with a little humility, but instead, they take their frustration with getting caught out on the rest of the league. I don't care what anyone says ... they spent the whole year running up the score on outmatched opponents, and it's unprofessional to do that. Up by 30 points in the fourth quarter, with a fourth down in the opponent's red zone? Hey, Belichick, yeah, you take the field goal. You don't try to convert and go on to score a touchdown. I'm sorry, but that lacks class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
I love watching a dominant team at the top of their game, running like a well-oiled machine. But I just don't have any respect for these guys. Ever since Spygate, I lost what respect I had for them. I would have felt a little better had they handled the whole thing with a little humility, but instead, they take their frustration with getting caught out on the rest of the league. I don't care what anyone says ... they spent the whole year running up the score on outmatched opponents, and it's unprofessional to do that. Up by 30 points in the fourth quarter, with a fourth down in the opponent's red zone? Hey, Belichick, yeah, you take the field goal. You don't try to convert and go on to score a touchdown. I'm sorry, but that lacks class.

Hey, maybe you should watch soccer or bass fishing. Take the field goal, well thats liberal thinking for yah. Are you the type that believes all games played by kids under 9 should end in a tie as well? Give me a break!!! I know its painful, but you all are just going to have to deal with it, the Pats are ther best you have ever seen. They will go 19-0 and hell, they may go 38-0. Damn, I hope so! GO PATS!!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:23 AM

528 posts, read 2,231,063 times
or maybe they should have stopped, handed over the ball to the opponent and said "oh, we're sorry...here, you take it now so you can score some more points and not feel bad."

it's pro football - the offense gets paid to score points, not make the other team feel good!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:24 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,156,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post
or maybe they should have stopped, handed over the ball to the opponent and said "oh, we're sorry...here, you take it now so you can score some more points and not feel bad."

it's pro football - the offense gets paid to score points, not make the other team feel good!
Thank-You!

Old 01-17-2008, 09:54 AM

718 posts, read 2,153,106 times
Who's gonna win? New England

Who do I want to win? San Diego (Phillip Rivers, another "statefan")

Old 01-17-2008, 03:45 PM

613 posts, read 1,173,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
personally i could care less that they cheated or ran up the score. i just don't like them not because their dominance but because their players just aren't likeable... well besides seau and moss. as for running up the score being a lack of class im not really sure but its definitly taking unnecessary risks. the packers could have scored another good 21 points on the seahawks if they felt like it, but what if in doing so grant broke his leg or jennings broke his ankle or farve dislocated his arm? wed be screwed

Old 01-17-2008, 04:01 PM

14,554 posts, read 22,415,763 times
If I was really betting money on it, I'd say the Pats win the thing.

Who do I want to win? The Bolts. I root for the underdog.

What about the Packers? First they have to beat the Giants. With an improved running game, they've got a pretty good shot at winning out.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:02 PM

6,968 posts, read 14,093,325 times
I want the Chargers. If they lose to the Pats, I want the Packers. I don't really like the Packers, but I like them better than the Patriots, and I don't think the Giants could beat them.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:15 AM

4,558 posts, read 12,104,595 times
This is PROFESSIONAL sports, not 4th grade soccer... We were disgusted here when they instituted that foolishness at the High School level. Sorry, it's just not all about making everybody feel good...

So the Pats are winning, big time this year Anyone who's lived in New England (or been Pats fans) since before that 1st Super Bowl WIN in 2002, WE were the underdogs. You just always knew, as much as you hoped and prayed... that just like the Red Sox (oh yeah, who ALSO have been CHAMPIONS lately as well ) they might win a few games, but in the end, disappointment, defeat, and "well there's always next year..." Well NEXT YEAR is here

There USED to be a saying here in New England "Good Luck to you and the Red Sox..." funny, nobody says that anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toria View Post

Old 01-19-2008, 06:47 PM

488 posts, read 1,040,635 times
OK. A lot of folks here don't like the Pats. That's OK. I would like to see the Chargers beat them but I doubt that is going to happen. Why is everybody pissed at them because thay play the game to score as many points as they can? Isn't that the object? To score the most points? How many times have you seen a team get up by a couple TDs late in the game and then sit on that lead, trying , not to lose? Instead, I see the Patriots, this year, going up a few TDs and then continuing to try to score more TDs. What the heck is wrong with that? I, for one, admire their philosophy.

I do not hate the Patriots like a lot of others because I do think this is one of the top notch teams, ever.

Don't be haters on them because they are a good team. Thay are just the best team right now, kind of like the 49ers back in the 90s and the Cowboys and Steelers were back in the 70s and 80s.

Man, I hope the Chargers win tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football