Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:03 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,660,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I find no problem with it at all, just think if she'd had been at Foxboro with a Manning jersey on.........same response. It shows there is a good rivalry with these two teams, its alright in my book.

Yeah, I had no problem with it. I thought it was kinda funny, and the girl didn't seem rattled by it at all.

And I can guarantee you ... if she had been at Lambeau Field wearing a Bears jersey, the boos would have been loud enough to shake the stadium!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
Grew up in Philly in the 50's and 60's, and if she was performing at halftime during an Eagles game booing would have been considered a pleasant outcome. The biggest problem we had was fans getting drunk (about 80% of us...errr them) and then trying to climb out onto the field and participate in events. At Franklin Field (prior to The Vet) the walls separating the crowd from the field were only a few feet high.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:38 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,758,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
When you think about how they cheered Micheal Irvin's carrer ending injury, I couldn't imagine.
I was watching that game and it was truly one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in sports.
I agree that the little girl being booed was low class BUT they didn't sound mean or nasty. They sounded more like tongue in cheek friendly kidding. I don't think it was a big deal.
Sadly, I think this is just more evidence that we, as a society, are losing our sense of humor and our ability to take a little friendly razzing.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:35 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,380,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Yeah, I had no problem with it. I thought it was kinda funny, and the girl didn't seem rattled by it at all.

And I can guarantee you ... if she had been at Lambeau Field wearing a Bears jersey, the boos would have been loud enough to shake the stadium!
I assure you, a Packers jersey would be met in the same fashion at Soldier Field.

How do I know? Because I live in Chicago, but am a Panthers fan. Carolina@ Chicago a couple of years ago? I got tickets. We went in our Panthers regalia. Man, did we catch hell.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 AM

200 posts, read 888,049 times
I thought maybe I was the only one that was hearing it...I looked at my dad and said, "are they BOOING her?!"

It's like Paul Poteet said on the Smiley show this AM, "Maybe [the crowd] should've had a few less beers in the first half..."

But hey, if the girl didn't have a problem with it (by all accounts, she thinks it's kind of funny), then I don't see what the big deal is...and the fact that everyone is up in arms about it just shows you how political correctness in this country has gotten out of control.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:29 PM

270 posts, read 1,159,711 times
they had this girl on a local indy station this morning and i just caught the end of it but i think that the station is giving here free tickets to the Indy 500 and be able to walk down on the track. like i said dont quote me on it i only caught the tail end of the segment. so she made out for wearing the Pats jersey in indy huh???????>

Old 01-17-2008, 02:39 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,201 times
Here is a quote from the girl who was booed:

"Before I went down there, my friends said, `You know, you'll probably get booed,"' she said in a telephone interview. "I was kind of waiting for it. "It really didn't bother me at all," she added. "People at the game came up to me afterward and said, `It's not you. It's your jersey."

She took it all in stride. I agree with the above poster who said the only reason this is news is because of our hypersensitive PC culture.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:26 AM

262 posts, read 299,729 times
yea its not that bad and shes even gets to be at the coin toss on sunday

Old 01-18-2008, 03:40 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
I find no problem with it at all, just think if she'd had been at Foxboro with a Manning jersey on.........same response. It shows there is a good rivalry with these two teams, its alright in my book.
I disagree. Colts fans are the most classless lowlifes I've ever experienced. They act like they've never been to the grownup table before. The boos are LOUD. Yea, maybe some drunk Pats fans may have given a little boo here and there, but nothing like what the girl experienced at the Irsay dome. Pats fans would realized that booing a teenage girl is NC, no class. I don't think the same thing would happen to Bears fans at Lambeau and vice versa. I find that most real football fans (like Packer & Bears fans) know their teams, know football and support their team, not demean other teams or little girls who wear jerserys .. they are intelligent enough to be able to tell the difference. I can only imagine what else the tape didn't catch.

Yes, btw I hate the Colts and loved watching them choke last week!

Old 01-18-2008, 04:31 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I disagree. Colts fans are the most classless lowlifes I've ever experienced. They act like they've never been to the grownup table before. The boos are LOUD. Yea, maybe some drunk Pats fans may have given a little boo here and there, but nothing like what the girl experienced at the Irsay dome. Pats fans would realized that booing a teenage girl is NC, no class. I don't think the same thing would happen to Bears fans at Lambeau and vice versa. I find that most real football fans (like Packer & Bears fans) know their teams, know football and support their team, not demean other teams or little girls who wear jerserys .. they are intelligent enough to be able to tell the difference. I can only imagine what else the tape didn't catch.

Yes, btw I hate the Colts and loved watching them choke last week!
I have a feeling you haven't been to too many sporting events. If you think that was bad, try going to an Eagles or Raiders game. Better yet, check out a few college rival games and tell us what you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football