U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 04:53 PM

17,700 posts, read 35,640,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
I have a feeling you haven't been to too many sporting events. If you think that was bad, try going to an Eagles or Raiders game. Better yet, check out a few college rival games and tell us what you think.
I've been to plenty of games, Koltz, Notre Dame, Purdue, IU, Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Sox ... just off the top of my head. Koltz fans act like a bunch of rednecks. Sometimes it's funny, but the Koltz fans just take crap way too seriously. It's like they are in a barfight, but just provoke and then run away like little girls when someone calls them on their doodoo. Even during Cubs & Sox games, yea, words are exchanged but you know they are all at the bar afterwards yucking it up. See, unlike most sports fans who will boo, but not be serious about it, I can guarantee you that the KlasslessKoltzFans were seriously angry about the neve of that girl to show up in a Pats jersey. They weren't kidding around! Which is really pathetic. Picking on a little girl .. nnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. But it is cool that the Pats gave her tickets to the game and they are going to bring her out for the coin toss! Can you imagine the roar they are going to give her!! I hope they show it on tv and I can just see the Koltz fans acting the same dang way they did at the Irsay dome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2008, 06:00 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,848,719 times
Hey domergurl, long time no talk. Are you still not over the Super Bowl? I didn't realize you hated the Colts and their fans so much. Having lived here for the last 4 years or so, I've become a Colts fan, second to the Redskins ofcourse, their fans are not all bad. The same can be said about the Bears fans you know, I went to a Bears vs. Redskins game once and oh my!! They were almost as bad as Eagles fans or Cowboys fans. But I know that doesn't mean that all Bears fans are annoying and abnoxious . Cheers to you!

Old 01-18-2008, 06:41 PM

Bears fans know football. A vast majority of Koltz fans haven't a clue about football. All they know is St. Peyton & Coach Dungy (which I've seen mispelled on many occasions and I always correct them).

I really think that Dungy is through with Indianapolis and the Koltz and Peyton is going to demand to be traded. My predictions ...

Old 01-20-2008, 12:17 AM

394 posts, read 915,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Who cares, it wasn't that big of a deal. Imagine what would happen to a girl wearing a Cowboys jersey in Philly...
hell, imagine what woulda happened if she wore ANY jersey other than the eagles in philly. brutal freakin town

Old 01-24-2008, 08:04 AM

270 posts, read 1,103,647 times
well i havent checked this thread out in a while. And domer....is it.... gurl you are lost in another world. I know for a fact that bears fans are just as bad. Some of my family moved from Lafayette IN to Peoria IL and last year they wore all of there COLTS (You need to check your hooked on phonics tapes again on how to spell COLTS)anyway..... jerseys and hats. Well needles to say 2 of my cousins are in highschool and they would literly get in fists fights because other such full of class bears fans would pick fights with them. push them down and who know what else. So dont come in here a sore LOSER of Superbowl 41 and yell at us COLTS (again this is how you spell it) fans. It has already been said that it would have happened in any other stadium at any other time. So go back to trying to find your Bears team a quarterback... no wait you have a starter.... no you dont.... yes you do... ahhhhh i cant keep up.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:34 AM

84 posts, read 328,387 times
Yeah, I was watching the game when this happened. Not too thrilled about it, but the booing was not aiming toward her in particular, but rather the mentioning of the name New England 'PATRIOTS'. Yes, it is that serious!

But dang, what a bummer, we lost that game What happened?!?! Manning was playing well, but the receivers and the defense were completely off!!! GGrrr....ok....I thought I already got over it....just let me stop.

Old 01-31-2008, 10:09 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,660,076 times
Hey Juicebox, chill out on downing the Bears. I am a huge Bears fan and last I checked, this aint about the Bears. And I'm still not over the Super Bowl, but anyway. The way I see it, as long as the girl didn't take offense to it, no one else should.

I saw it and she was laughing about it. I am sure she knew that it was not directed right at her. Now if she would have cried or something, then ya, it would have been bad.

Yes I will admit, Chicago fans can get a little testy with people coming in with opposing jerseys. Bears games are very fun for that, also try sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley with a Cardinals jersey on, it won't be pretty.

No offense Domer, cuz it sounds like you are a Chicago girl and I lived up there for most of my life, but if the outcome was different and she was offended by it, I would be right there with ya. But since she took it for what it was, then I don't see much wrong with it.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HsvMike View Post
Hey Juicebox, chill out on downing the Bears. I am a huge Bears fan and last I checked, this aint about the Bears. And I'm still not over the Super Bowl, but anyway. The way I see it, as long as the girl didn't take offense to it, no one else should.

I saw it and she was laughing about it. I am sure she knew that it was not directed right at her. Now if she would have cried or something, then ya, it would have been bad.

Yes I will admit, Chicago fans can get a little testy with people coming in with opposing jerseys. Bears games are very fun for that, also try sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley with a Cardinals jersey on, it won't be pretty.

No offense Domer, cuz it sounds like you are a Chicago girl and I lived up there for most of my life, but if the outcome was different and she was offended by it, I would be right there with ya. But since she took it for what it was, then I don't see much wrong with it.
You're right and I spell Koltz the way I do knowingly ... phonics, HA!!

Here's what I love this week. The silly fans are taking ownership of Eli Manning! What a joke!

Go Pats.

Peoria?????

Last edited by domergurl; 02-01-2008 at 06:54 AM..

Old 12-06-2009, 12:45 PM

9,735 posts, read 18,447,923 times
Im sure the girl knows it was the jersey & not her.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,810,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Im sure the girl knows it was the jersey & not her.
This is an old thread, but I'll respond anyway. I was at that game. What some seemed to fail to notice in criticizing Colts fans is that the girl moved her shoulder a bit to ensure the Pats logo was noticed. That's what led to the boos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football