U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 01:24 PM

28,612 posts, read 15,522,865 times

Advertisements

So someone looked this stuff up... it may seem like I am adding fuel to the fire, but I am not. I understand who he is and what his body of work is. However...
  • In his short NFL career Tebow has engineered more game-winning drives (7), according to Pro Football Reference, than either Sam Bradford (5) or Nick Foles (5).
  • As a junior in high school, playing for Ponta Vedra-Nease (Fla.) Tebow played the fourth quarter of a game with a broken leg and scored a touchdown on a 28-yard run.
  • He has won a high school state championship, a Heisman trophy as a true sophomore, a college title, and in the only extended playing time he received as a professional, he went 7-3 and won a playoff game.

He is a winner. I understand it doesn't make sense, but can you ignore the resume'?

Old 04-20-2015, 01:47 PM

3,186 posts, read 2,204,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob4jc View Post
so someone looked this stuff up... It may seem like i am adding fuel to the fire, but i am not. I understand who he is and what his body of work is. However...
  • in his short nfl career tebow has engineered more game-winning drives (7), according to pro football reference, than either sam bradford (5) or nick foles (5).
  • as a junior in high school, playing for ponta vedra-nease (fla.) tebow played the fourth quarter of a game with a broken leg and scored a touchdown on a 28-yard run.
  • he has won a high school state championship, a heisman trophy as a true sophomore, a college title, and in the only extended playing time he received as a professional, he went 7-3 and won a playoff game.
he is a winner. I understand it doesn't make sense, but can you ignore the resume'?
yes

Old 04-20-2015, 01:52 PM

672 posts, read 619,488 times
Yeah, good luck to them on that. The guy has the physical skills to to be a great tight end, if he can catch, but he can't throw an NFL caliber pass.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:44 PM

21,427 posts, read 21,987,493 times
who's this Tebow guy?

Old 04-20-2015, 02:48 PM

21,242 posts, read 11,879,583 times
I live in Denver and I gotta say, the guy was fun to watch. Erratic but you never knew when he was going to do something stellar.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:57 PM

2,493 posts, read 2,200,714 times
As a Bronco fan, Tebow sure made the 2010 season VERY interesting.
The last 5 minutes were exciting with a QB that just would not quit.
He took a very average team to the playoff and beat the Steelers.

Obviously after we got Peyton Manning, he was never going to be our starting QB.
But I often though a creative coach could have come up with some interesting plays with him
in as a receiver or fullback that could either run or pass. Also he could come in as QB on
short yardage and red zone situations (or when we had big leads).

If Manning did not take every snap/every game maybe he would have something left in the
tank for the playoffs! But no one ever accused John Fox of being creative!

It will be interesting to see what two years working with a QB coach has done for his accuracy.
I've got to assume Chip Kelly has something creative in mind. They did not sign him to be the
fifth QB in camp.

Last edited by Eddyline; 04-20-2015 at 04:05 PM..

Old 04-20-2015, 03:11 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,304,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So someone looked this stuff up... it may seem like I am adding fuel to the fire, but I am not. I understand who he is and what his body of work is. However...
  • In his short NFL career Tebow has engineered more game-winning drives (7), according to Pro Football Reference, than either Sam Bradford (5) or Nick Foles (5).
  • As a junior in high school, playing for Ponta Vedra-Nease (Fla.) Tebow played the fourth quarter of a game with a broken leg and scored a touchdown on a 28-yard run.
  • He has won a high school state championship, a Heisman trophy as a true sophomore, a college title, and in the only extended playing time he received as a professional, he went 7-3 and won a playoff game.

He is a winner. I understand it doesn't make sense, but can you ignore the resume'?
That resume is meaningless.

7 game-winning drives in 3 seasons? Aaron Rodgers has 12 in 7 seasons as a starter. Whoa! Tebow has more GWDs/season than Rodgers! I can't believe the Packers didn't sign him and make him their starter!

High school? Seriously? You think what someone did in high school is in any way relevant to the NFL? You know, hundreds of kids have unbelievable high school seasons at QB every year. Few make it to the NFL. Fewer still are any good. And you're claiming that what he did in one quarter of one high school game is relevant? You're not just drinking the Kool-Aid, you're swimming in a pool of it.

A Heisman? Have you ever even looked at the list of QB Heisman winners? Johny Manziel? Troy Smith? Jason White? Eric Crouch? Danny Wuerffel? Charlie Ward? Gino Torreta?

There has never - never - been a cult of personality around an NFL player that was more out of proportion to that player's NFL talent than with Tebow.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:44 PM

462 posts, read 336,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

So why was he out of the NFL for two years?

Old 04-20-2015, 06:51 PM

23,668 posts, read 33,522,553 times
Why can this guy not go away? Ugh.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:03 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,746,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Why can this guy not go away? Ugh.
"Thank you, Matt Barkley. Anyone else have a comment?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or