U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 03:56 PM

689 posts, read 339,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Anybody else get sick of all the NFC East primetime games? It's not even a good division anymore....
I guess its because of the ratings and the fact that the Boys and Eagles are very disliked in our division and gets a lot of attention. We not in a division like the Colts where u can guarantee them a win every year and their division teams like TEN and JAX don't give them much competition or seem to have much hatred/rivalry shown towards them. Last year eagle fans egged the cowboys bus and there is so much rivalry. Our division had each team win in the past 4 years...last season Boys (suprising everyone with great December performance and surpasing 8-8), 2013 Eagles(new coach), 2012 Deadskins (during RG3 hype and reenergizing Skins fanbase) and 2011 Giants (getting hot at right time). Its just our division is so inconsistent and u never know who will win and all teams play the Boys hard...Skins play Eagles hard, Eagles play Giants very hard, and Giants always put up biggest fight against the Boys and tend to play Skins hard too.

Yes the NFC East isn't the best division but not nearly the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 04:00 PM

28,575 posts, read 15,510,176 times
Quote:
Anybody else get sick of all the NFC East primetime games? It's not even a good division anymore....
The division represents NY, DC, Philly, and unfortunately America's most popular team. They get a fair share of ratings.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:01 PM

697 posts, read 1,158,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The division represents NY, DC, Philly, and unfortunately America's most popular team. They get a fair share of ratings.
I thought Tom Brady and the Patriots were America's most popular team.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
Its one of them. Any team with Brady and Manning gets the most respect and popularity. Its just Dallas has a huge fan base and tons and tons of haters. Fans of teams who only play the Boys once every 4 years hate Dallas the most...more so than their division rivals. Some can't provide a reason why.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:15 PM

10,717 posts, read 11,126,726 times
The Monday Night double header week 1 is totally lame. Neither are good rivalry games, all four of those teams missed the playoffs last year, and the Vikings and Falcons were pretty bad. I'm not sure what the league is thinking by scheduling these two games for the MNF double header.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
The Monday Night double header week 1 is totally lame. Neither are good rivalry games, all four of those teams missed the playoffs last year, and the Vikings and Falcons were pretty bad. I'm not sure what the league is thinking by scheduling these two games for the MNF double header.
Yeah some of the scheduling this season does make u wonder. Maybe they want to give certain teams enough primetime spots.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:50 PM

28,575 posts, read 15,510,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
You don't have to have big rivalry games for the first week. At that point, people are glad to have football back. The players aren't in mid-season form, so they probably would rather have those games a month into the season.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:01 PM

11,729 posts, read 11,570,688 times
I think division, rivalry games should be a few weeks back rather than right off the bat but what do I know?? Always funny comments after stories on the internet about the Pats, Cowboys, Eagles and how the Pats always get an easy schedule. Do these people not read and know the rotation in terms of who plays who is set up in advance?? Now the TV time, prime games another story altogether, I'm not complaining, Packers always get at least 5 prime time, I think.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:52 PM

1,743 posts, read 962,334 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VABlkCONSERV View Post
I guess its because of the ratings and the fact that the Boys and Eagles are very disliked in our division and gets a lot of attention. We not in a division like the Colts where u can guarantee them a win every year and their division teams like TEN and JAX don't give them much competition or seem to have much hatred/rivalry shown towards them. Last year eagle fans egged the cowboys bus and there is so much rivalry. Our division had each team win in the past 4 years...last season Boys (suprising everyone with great December performance and surpasing 8-8), 2013 Eagles(new coach), 2012 Deadskins (during RG3 hype and reenergizing Skins fanbase) and 2011 Giants (getting hot at right time). Its just our division is so inconsistent and u never know who will win and all teams play the Boys hard...Skins play Eagles hard, Eagles play Giants very hard, and Giants always put up biggest fight against the Boys and tend to play Skins hard too.

Yes the NFC East isn't the best division but not nearly the worst.
I agree that the Cowboys/Giants Sunday Night football games are getting tiring, but also the NFC East is chuck full of the biggest rivalries in the league. Everybody hates everybody. You could make an argument for each team being each other's biggest rival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainWhite View Post
I know that was sarcasm, but a Harris poll early last season revealed the Broncos to be the "new America's team", at least for the time being. Cowboys were the country's #4 favorite team after the Giants and Packers. However, that may have changed after some more bandwagons jumped back on after Dallas's non-8-8 year.

Patriots were #8.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:23 AM

11,729 posts, read 11,570,688 times
Being in Packerland, I hear about "America's" team all the time. Packers push their brand and it is huge considering the actual population of NE Wisconsin. Their website, Packers Everywhere locations, according to Mark Murphy, Dallas is the only franchise ahead of the Packers in some areas. I do believe Murphy thinks the Packers are America's team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football