U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 10:05 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,402,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Aikman was a first ballot HOF'er and widely recognized as one of the most accurate QB's of alltime. Did Aikman play on a great team, absolutely, but most GREAT QB's played on really good, if not great teams (Montana, Starr, Staubach, Bradshaw). Will i argue that Aikman is top 5 alltime, no, but i will argue he is on then alltime underatted list (to set the record straight, i am a bit older and will always be a Staubach fan). I like Romo, i am a Romo supporter, but in my opinion, he is not on the level of a Staubach or Aikman....similar to Rodgers....really good QB, but he isnt on the level of a Starr or a Favre....yet....to your point of Romo having more in common with Staubach than Aikman, i dont know about that....Staubach was a highly mobile QB, Aikman was a pocket passer. Romo is probably in between the 2 of them....Arm strength....besides Elway, no one had a stronger arm than Aikman. toss up between Staubach and Romo as far as arm strength. I would give the nod to Staubach, only becuse he throws a better deep ball than Romo
Ok you scared me for a second because I was thinking you was about to say Aikman was a top 5 QB of all time. lol

Old 06-26-2015, 10:08 PM

19,990 posts, read 19,015,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Overrated
Cam Newton
The Panthers' offense has gradually improved with Newton as the quarterback and an improved offensive line to support him. I would not consider him overrated.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:51 PM

216 posts, read 153,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
What has Romo done to be better than Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman?
Just because Romo isn't as good as Staubach or Aikman doesn't mean he is overrated. I don't think anyone suggested that Romo was better then those two guys.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:54 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigproblems View Post
Just because Romo isn't as good as Staubach or Aikman doesn't mean he is overrated. I don't think anyone suggested that Romo was better then those two guys.
I stated Romo is much better than Aikman since he is a play maker with a lot of speed and creativity.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:01 PM

216 posts, read 153,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I stated Romo is much better than Aikman since he is a play maker with a lot of speed and creativity.
I missed that my fault.

I don't necessarily think that Romo is better then Aikman, but it's close now that I think about how loaded those 90's Cowboys teams were. Aikman was rolling with Emmitt Smith, Moose Johnson, Michael Irvin, Al Harper, etc. Last year was the first season Romo had the luxury of playing with an elite running back and the NFL's best offensive line. It doesn't take a genius to understand that Romo hasn't had the weapons that Aikman did.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:06 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigproblems View Post
I missed that my fault.

I don't necessarily think that Romo is better then Aikman, but it's close now that I think about how loaded those 90's Cowboys teams were. Aikman was rolling with Emmitt Smith, Moose Johnson, Michael Irvin, Al Harper, etc. Last year was the first season Romo had the luxury of playing with an elite running back and the NFL's best offensive line. It doesn't take a genius to understand that Romo hasn't had the weapons that Aikman did.
Or the coach lol

Old 06-27-2015, 09:33 PM

1,069 posts, read 556,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
Can it also be said Romo has more speed and creativity than P Maniing and Brady? Romo isnt better than those 2....i will argue that Romo is currently and has been a top 5-7 QB in the league the past few yrs

Old 06-27-2015, 10:54 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Can it also be said Romo has more speed and creativity than P Maniing and Brady? Romo isnt better than those 2....i will argue that Romo is currently and has been a top 5-7 QB in the league the past few yrs
I would take him over Peyton Manning since I prefer a QB who can get out of trouble when faced with defensive pressure.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:45 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,270,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Panthers' offense has gradually improved with Newton as the quarterback and an improved offensive line to support him. I would not consider him overrated.
I think he is descent but I don't think going to be an elite. His team benefits from being in a sucky division.

Old 06-28-2015, 01:28 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.M View Post
I think Romo is a bit underrated, but better then Peyton? That is a ludicrous statement and I truly hope you are trolling.

My preference for a QB is someone who is mobile and can run when he has to which is something Peyton could never do which is why I would take Brady and Romo over him as a starting QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or