U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 10:04 AM

19,983 posts, read 18,910,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
You say he's mediocre, I say he's underrated.

Edit: Everyone associates him with his mistakes, but as certain ESPN folks point out every week during football season, his 4th quarter numbers are actually quite strong.
If Romo was more consistent in initiating and executing play rightfully, and the Cowboys won more games and a championship, my opinion of Romo would be different. Romo's mistakes, which have resulted in losses, makes him mediocre. He is not on the level of Troy Aikman.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:05 AM

4,800 posts, read 10,571,630 times
How would y'all rate Tim Tebow? The NFL sure doesn't seem to think much of him, yet he does have a winning record.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Nick Foles: absolutely underrated & unmistakably underappreciated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Not sure I get the Foles love. If anything I would view him as overrated. Does he even have 16 games under his belt yet? Ton of question marks surrounding him. Plus, never good to be essentially beat out by Sanchez and Bradford.
Sam Bradford is better than Nick Foles?

Bradford has spent most of the past two seasons on injured reserve with an anterior cruciate ligament injury. When healthy, he was on a mediocre-at-best Rams team. His injuries puts him at risk to be a starter, but may allow him to succeed in a reduced role as a backup.

Despite a season ending injury in the 2014 regular season, Foles has played well for the Eagles.

Old 04-26-2015, 10:37 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,509,333 times
I think Foles needs more time. He had a great year, then got injured. Kaepernick was great in 2012, then his running plays didn't enjoy nearly as much success as expected the past couple years. He just hasn't impressed me much since that 2012 playoff run.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:04 PM

32,436 posts, read 26,292,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Not sure I get the Foles love. If anything I would view him as overrated. Does he even have 16 games under his belt yet? Ton of question marks surrounding him. Plus, never good to be essentially beat out by Sanchez and Bradford.
understand that foles was not in a system that complemented his ability. foles is too immobile to be a good eagles QB. he is a far better pocket passer and not the type the eagles need.

and by the way, the reason sanchez replaced foles is because foles went down in the eighth game of the season with a broken collarbone, a season ending injury, which put him on the injured reserve.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:06 PM

6,438 posts, read 3,450,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
How would y'all rate Tim Tebow? The NFL sure doesn't seem to think much of him, yet he does have a winning record.
I was just listening to Sirius XM NFL Radio. An ex-Redskins GM was asked just this question. His take was, as some other past college QB's have been - Tebow was a good college QB that would never play in the NFL, or even at any other position.

Old 04-26-2015, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Tebow still has potential to be a good quarterback in the National Football League. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity with the Eagles, which will have competition with Sanchez and Bradford.

Old 04-26-2015, 04:10 PM

40 posts, read 29,450 times
Overrated

Andy Dalton
Robert Griffin III
Nick Foles
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Tannehill
Brian Hoyer
Mark Sanchez
Jay Cutler
Johnny Manziel

Underrated:

Derek Carr
Teddy Bridgewater
Blake Bortles

Old 04-26-2015, 04:17 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,263,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barthur329 View Post
Overrated

Andy Dalton
Robert Griffin III
Nick Foles
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Tannehill
Brian Hoyer
Mark Sanchez
Jay Cutler
Johnny Manziel

Underrated:

Derek Carr
Teddy Bridgewater
Blake Bortles
BB, JM,TB, and BC are rookies so I will give them a pass.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:48 PM

4,291 posts, read 1,855,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Sam Bradford is better than Nick Foles?

Bradford has spent most of the past two seasons on injured reserve with an anterior cruciate ligament injury. When healthy, he was on a mediocre-at-best Rams team. His injuries puts him at risk to be a starter, but may allow him to succeed in a reduced role as a backup.

Despite a season ending injury in the 2014 regular season, Foles has played well for the Eagles.
They both are average or below average. Neither should be rated above that grade. Foles had a fantastic 10 or so games back in 2013 but that does not make a trend or career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or