U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 10:35 AM

9,071 posts, read 15,059,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
That is why we have draft get young blood. I hope the Bears draft a QB next year.
Easier said than done. Many QB's get drafted, and are taken very high. Very few turn into QB's who can win in the NFL. Maybe that is why the Bears have been reluctant to let go of Cutler. Their list of QB's prior to bringing Cutler in reads like a Who's Who in grocery baggers of the greater Chicagoland area these days.

Old 05-21-2015, 11:25 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,267,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Easier said than done. Many QB's get drafted, and are taken very high. Very few turn into QB's who can win in the NFL. Maybe that is why the Bears have been reluctant to let go of Cutler. Their list of QB's prior to bringing Cutler in reads like a Who's Who in grocery baggers of the greater Chicagoland area these days.
That why you bring in someone who know how to developed QB.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:27 AM

2,800 posts, read 1,771,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
It's a team game. Eli was absolutely a top 5 QB that year. You can put Rodgers and Brees above him since they were so spectacular, but I'd put him at #3 if you include postseason, and certainly top 5 for the regular season.
So that is what 1 year he was a top 5 QB my point stands he was barely ever a top 5 QB who had way to many turnovers.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:26 AM

2,286 posts, read 1,513,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
So that is what 1 year he was a top 5 QB my point stands he was barely ever a top 5 QB who had way to many turnovers.
He has had some horrible INT-laden seasons. Nobody is denying that. You claimed he had never been top 5, which seems pretty absurd. I'm not saying he should be in the HOF, but with 2 SB MVPs, it should at least be discussed. His stats last year were pretty good too, especially considering how bad his team was (not top 5 though).

I think he'll have a strong year this year and the Giants will win the division.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
He has had some horrible INT-laden seasons. Nobody is denying that. You claimed he had never been top 5, which seems pretty absurd. I'm not saying he should be in the HOF, but with 2 SB MVPs, it should at least be discussed. His stats last year were pretty good too, especially considering how bad his team was (not top 5 though).

I think he'll have a strong year this year and the Giants will win the division.
Eli is a good QB but he is nowhere near a HOF player. He has 3 Pro Bowls and has never lead the league in any important catagory and is really a second tier player behind Brady, Peyton, Rodgers and Brees.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:39 AM

1,069 posts, read 556,084 times
Quote:
Eli is a good QB but he is nowhere near a HOF player. He has 3 Pro Bowls and has never lead the league in any important catagory and is really a second tier player behind Brady, Peyton, Rodgers and Brees.
Yet there is only one starting QB who has won multiple SB's who is NOT in the HOF....does Eli get in?

Old 05-23-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Yet there is only one starting QB who has won multiple SB's who is NOT in the HOF....does Eli get in?
Depends on how he plays from now if he plays well and wins a MVP or another Super Bowl yes but so far it does not look good for him but we have to wait and see.

Old 05-23-2015, 09:43 PM

462 posts, read 335,713 times
Quote:
Overrated
Jay Cutler
Ryan Tanehill
Matthew Stanford
Colin Kaepernick
Underrated
Phillip Rivers
Drew Brees
Alex Smith

Your thoughts?

Who underrates Brees?

Old 05-24-2015, 12:02 PM

1,069 posts, read 556,084 times
Quote:
Overrated
Jay Cutler
Ryan Tanehill
Matthew Stanford
Colin Kaepernick
Underrated
Phillip Rivers
Drew Brees
Alex Smith

Your thoughts?
I don't think Brees is underrated at all....when most analysts put you in top 5 for the last 5-10 yrs, u can't be underrated

Old 05-26-2015, 07:24 AM

19,988 posts, read 18,977,122 times
Default Eli Manning

Quote:
Eli is a good QB but he is nowhere near a HOF player. He has 3 Pro Bowls and has never lead the league in any important category and is really a second tier player behind Brady, Peyton, Rodgers and Brees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Quote:
Depends on how he plays from now if he plays well and wins a MVP or another Super Bowl yes but so far it does not look good for him but we have to wait and see.
Eli Manning will be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or