U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 10:14 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,153,313 times

Advertisements

Free.

I have season tickets to the Colts and often give away my preseason tickets.

Save your money and keep saving up until you can afford to go to a regular season game.

Preseason football is terrible.

Having been to games at your stadium, I know what a pain it is to get there. I talked to people who live on Long Island and drive 2+ hours and then get a hotel room for games. Wait until you can afford a regular season game, allow an entire day, get there early to tailgate, and take it all in. Preseason games are nothing like regular season games. If your're only going to go once, don't make it a preseason game. You won't get the real experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 10:41 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,093,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Free.

I have season tickets to the Colts and often give away my preseason tickets.

Save your money and keep saving up until you can afford to go to a regular season game.

Preseason football is terrible.

Having been to games at your stadium, I know what a pain it is to get there. I talked to people who live on Long Island and drive 2+ hours and then get a hotel room for games. Wait until you can afford a regular season game, allow an entire day, get there early to tailgate, and take it all in. Preseason games are nothing like regular season games. If your're only going to go once, don't make it a preseason game. You won't get the real experience.

You're right. Preseason is definitely not the same as regular season. However; my son's first Browns game was at 9 and it was a preseason game. The reason, nowhere the riff-raff of a regular season Browns game, and if you know anything about Cleveland Browns fans, then you know how ornery they tend to get on Sundays down on the lake front. He is 12 now, so perhaps down the road the next game we go to will be a regular season game.

Old 05-09-2015, 03:03 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,255,180 times
Bucs preseason are cheap as hell. Might be more this season though w/ Winston playing. Might be interesting to see if he's just a bunch of hype like Manziel was or the real thing.

Most of the time the stadium is a 1/3 full for preseason games. Stubhub is the way to go here. As a season ticket holder, I resent that they charge us the same for these meaningless games as they do the regular season. Makes me want to cancel altogether and watch on the HDTV at home.

Old 05-11-2015, 06:56 PM

5,974 posts, read 5,324,230 times
Browns pre season double header, and no the Browns only played in one of the games, was $3.50. 1967.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:28 PM

216 posts, read 153,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
2013 Seahawks vs the Rams in St Louis !! Haha..The world series was going on at the same time and we found 2 tickets for less than 20 bucks! We drove from Chicago to attend the game. My husband is a HUGE lifelong Seahawk fan so he was stoked.
It's dirt cheap to attend any Rams game. I got my ticket for $11 last year when they played the Raiders. It's funny how a beer almost costs as much as it is to get into the stadium.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You're right. Preseason is definitely not the same as regular season. However; my son's first Browns game was at 9 and it was a preseason game. The reason, nowhere the riff-raff of a regular season Browns game, and if you know anything about Cleveland Browns fans, then you know how ornery they tend to get on Sundays down on the lake front. He is 12 now, so perhaps down the road the next game we go to will be a regular season game.
I definitely agree with this.

I actually have experienced Browns fans. In 1999, their first season back, I went up for the Colts/Browns game on December 26th. Good game that went down to the wire. You would think a team that had only won two games at that point, on the day after Christmas, would have very few rabid fans in the stands. Wrong. Those fans were nuts. Getting crazy loud, getting shirtless in cold weather, etc. We were awoken in our hotel room at 6 A.M. by tailgaters who were shooting off some kind of cannon. Those are great fans and they deserve a break.

I also know what you are talking about with the kids and football games in general. We took my three-year-old son to his first game last year in the preseason and we'll do the same again this year. I'm definitely not taking him to a regular season NFL game, at any stadium, until he is much older. There is just too much craziness and the tickets are too expensive for him to get bored in the first five minutes.

Old 05-15-2015, 10:39 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,093,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I definitely agree with this.

I actually have experienced Browns fans. In 1999, their first season back, I went up for the Colts/Browns game on December 26th. Good game that went down to the wire. You would think a team that had only won two games at that point, on the day after Christmas, would have very few rabid fans in the stands. Wrong. Those fans were nuts. Getting crazy loud, getting shirtless in cold weather, etc. We were awoken in our hotel room at 6 A.M. by tailgaters who were shooting off some kind of cannon. Those are great fans and they deserve a break.

I also know what you are talking about with the kids and football games in general. We took my three-year-old son to his first game last year in the preseason and we'll do the same again this year. I'm definitely not taking him to a regular season NFL game, at any stadium, until he is much older. There is just too much craziness and the tickets are too expensive for him to get bored in the first five minutes.

I was at that game, and yes it was rowdy considering the Browns record! Not to mention cold as f***! But it was their first year back, and despite not much being expected of them being for all intents and purposes the excitement of the team being back hadn't worn off! We were just happy to have our Browns back, and there is just something about seeing those orange helmets! That is why the majority of us would have been extremely p***ed off if they added a logo to the helmet, or changed the color of it when they resently updated the uniforms. Anyway, despite the rowdiness I hope you weren't given too much s***! It can get pretty ugly for opposing fans... especially for Steelers fans! Or if the ref makes a bad call like when the Browns played the Jaguars in a late season game in 2001. The game forever known as "Bottlegate." I was at that one too, and it was beyond insane! And no, I did not throw bottles. Us Browns fans are pretty passionate about our football, and even with the success of the Cavaliers in their run for a championship (which is possible) football is still king in Cleveland.

At any rate, my son is 12 now, so I may look to take him to a regular season game in the future. I hope it is when the team has truly turned the corner, and puts a consistent winner on the field so that he can fully enjoy it.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:22 PM

691 posts, read 682,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
i am talking preseason, season, or playoffs/super bowl (uh, super bowl won't be cheap, i know but still...).

i am trying to attend a preseason game in new jersey (i live in brooklyn) on the cheap to see either the jets or giants. i don't care, i just want to see an NFL game irl. i am seeing tickets for some nosebleed seats where you sit diagonally (again, i am there for crowd presence feel and i can still see the details of the game on the big screen) for a preseason game at $18 to $22. they force you to buy tickets in pairs. is this necessary?

my question is, what is the cheapest you have paid and is it possible to buy a single ticket? i want to go by myself. is $18 a scam? it was on one of those third party sites, not nfl nor ticketmaster. my upper limit is 30 bucks max.
$20 or thereabouts is the value of the upper level seats for preseason games. I have lower level seats that were $120 each the last five seasons (they raised them this offseason) and I would sell them for $5- each for preseason games. The uppers are usually under $25, and often under $20.

Just show up though and you will find someone scalping at game time and can get a good lower level seat for $20.

Old 05-16-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Anyway, despite the rowdiness I hope you weren't given too much s***! It can get pretty ugly for opposing fans... especially for Steelers fans!
No, it was fine. We took our fair share of ribbing, but we never felt threatened or anything like that. My favorite line was uttered by a shirtless Browns fan: "go back to your dome, pu$$ies." Haha. How dare we wear sweatshirts under our Colts jerseys.

It's funny you mention the Steelers fans. For some reason, there was a guy in our section wearing a Steelers jersey (I don't understand why anyone would wear gear of a team that is not playing) and he really got it bad. He had beer and soda thrown on him, people get in his face, etc. I took my dad to the game and we still laugh about. One Browns fan said to us, "you think we hate you, but this nothing...you know who we really hate? Steelers fans!" He then proceeded to scream at the Steelers fan and give him the finger.

Hilarious. I love the NFL.

I have been the visiting fan in Cleveland, Chicago, Cincinnati, Nashville, St. Louis, and New York (Giants). Never had a bad experience and have great stories about all of those trips.

Old 05-17-2015, 09:16 AM

343 posts, read 623,947 times
2 lower level, 30 yard line for $15. 1975 Baltimore Colts @old Memorial Stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or