U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 01:19 PM

6,516 posts, read 3,497,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
The patriots both times have been heavily fined and had draft picks taken away. Where is this preferential treatment
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 02:26 PM

4,866 posts, read 6,395,702 times
Perhaps it's not rational but I view a deflated football like a corked bat or a spitball. Steroids are a bigger sin in my mind.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:48 PM

3,723 posts, read 3,900,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Perhaps it's not rational but I view a deflated football like a corked bat or a spitball. Steroids are a bigger sin in my mind.
Exactly. That's why it's crazy some people have been comparing Brady to Arod and Lance Armstrong.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:14 PM

2,286 posts, read 1,520,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You can't be serious.
Sorry. I don't mean people will stop spending money on the NFL, just that with him in, they'll make way more money. There's no way in hell they're going to suspend him for a whole year.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:28 PM

6,516 posts, read 3,497,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Exactly. That's why it's crazy some people have been comparing Brady to Arod and Lance Armstrong.
Haters out for blood are not logical. And I, as a Brady and Pats fan am not blindly standing behind Brady and saying innocent. The culture of the naive hater fan is on one end of the spectrum, and the homer Brady/Pats fans who think everything is perfect is on the other.

Football is my favorite sport, the Patriots are MY team, and Brady is my #1 favorite athlete of all time. That being said, I personally never said Brady etc. shouldn't be accountable. But the level to which SpyGate and now DeflateGate has been blown up by the public outcry of naivety is far beyond ludicrous. There is no reasoning in this because that blind hate is so far off the charts, it makes me wonder how many fans actually understand the game.

Cheating by definition (rules) about anything doesn't make every offense the worse ever. Lance Armstrong, Bonds, etc - individuals taking performance enhancers where it's 100% an advantage to the individual. PSI's in a football touched by every player during a game - no way to know as it doesn't affect only one person. In a lot of cases, the rules themselves are the problem (as with PSI's). And the NFL changing a legal rule all because Belichick was the first one to coach from the rule book yet surprise everyone....and then they change the rule. Yeah, that makes sense.

Public got to taste blood because Goodell HAD to protect his multi-billion dollar business by hiding behind suspensions and fines instead of dealing with the in-house issues that are creating the NFL mess in the first place.

I'm with Donald Trump on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOI8iX7fuJs

Old 05-13-2015, 12:16 AM

3,250 posts, read 3,154,282 times
The thing is how many times have Brady and his fellow conspirators done this? They were caught this time but I imagine that they had definitely cheated like this before.

The fact is Brady feels he needs an edge over his fellow players, he should have been treated more harshly than he has. He got off lightly.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:37 AM

6,981 posts, read 4,481,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
A-Rod was suspended in part as an example based on the long term and widespread use of steroids. He is just the most recent in a long line of juicers who have seen punishments and consequences ratchet ever upwards in the league's effort to curtail PED's.

Brady and the Pats were caught cheating, but to this point they are the only ones who have been caught and are the first ones.

I would have liked to see a bigger suspension for Brady myself, but I do not think the situation in MLB is at all the same as the one in the NFL.
I think its tough to be able to compare which brand of cheating is more or less effective than another brand, cheating is cheating and i don't know how you can quantify which version of cheating was more effective. Since the ball was the item that was "cheated with" anyone on the team who touched the ball affected the game, but if an MLB player juiced and assuming the other players did not juice, his juicing only affects his individual performance, where as the deflated balls are touched by many different players, so you can make the case that the cheating has more of an effect on the game.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:20 AM

19,524 posts, read 17,581,650 times
Brady should just man up, admit his guilt and accept the punishment. His reputation will suffer more if he tries to crybaby his way out of it.

Old 05-13-2015, 09:11 PM

1,743 posts, read 965,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I think steroids play a bigger part in baseball than deflated footballs; but just like one point losses count for as many losses as 40 point losses, or one point wins as many wins as 40 point wins, cheating is cheating.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:00 AM

6,981 posts, read 4,481,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Brady should just man up, admit his guilt and accept the punishment. His reputation will suffer more if he tries to crybaby his way out of it.
He has to become a man first in order to man up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or