U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 03:42 PM

417 posts, read 311,171 times

Advertisements

Great game Giants fans... def. disappointed in how my team played after having such a spectacular season. Interested to hear Aaron Rodgers take on it tomorrow on his weekly radio show.

I hope to see a Patriots - Giants rematch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,518,544 times
The 49ers and Giants is going to be a good game. However, unlike the Packers and the Falcons, the 49ers are probably going to stick to their running game a lot longer...

Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 PM

9,369 posts, read 18,042,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The 49ers and Giants is going to be a good game. However, unlike the Packers and the Falcons, the 49ers are probably going to stick to their running game a lot longer...
The 49ers also have a significantly better defense than Atlanta and Green Bay. No matter who wins, the Giants have already exceeded my expectations for the season. Looking forward to next weeks game!

Old 01-17-2012, 08:02 AM

9,585 posts, read 8,906,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The 49ers also have a significantly better defense than Atlanta and Green Bay. No matter who wins, the Giants have already exceeded my expectations for the season. Looking forward to next weeks game!
Ah..ya know its funny, although they have exceeded expectations I will be very disappointed now if they come up short. Had they lost last week I would agree with you. They can beat SF this is not David Goliath...A loss would be a tough pill to swallow. Remember they were one pass from beating SF earlier this year without alot of key players and not playing on a roll. The caveat is SF is also now healthy and also playing hot. This is NOT Green Bay situation in 07...this game will be close ..there is no real favorite except home field. 49er fans are all ready to pick a Super Bowl opponent. So funny, this reminds me of GB fans in 07 SO MUCH. The similiarities are frightening.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:51 AM

11,729 posts, read 11,570,688 times
Once you get to this point, NFC Championship loss would be very tough. I think the Giants can beat SF, hope they do. I'll be watching!

2010 Pack and Giants had same record, 10-6. Pack got hot after beating Giants in Dec. Aaron came back from his concussion, played lights out. Maybe they thought we beat them last year 45-17, only trouble is playoffs totally different ball game. Last year, 2007, none of it matters! Good luck!

I said before I thought Giants were going to be the hot team and someone totally shot that down, don't remember who, what are they thinking now?

Old 01-17-2012, 01:01 PM

1,080 posts, read 829,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Ah..ya know its funny, although they have exceeded expectations I will be very disappointed now if they come up short. Had they lost last week I would agree with you. They can beat SF this is not David Goliath...A loss would be a tough pill to swallow. Remember they were one pass from beating SF earlier this year without alot of key players and not playing on a roll. The caveat is SF is also now healthy and also playing hot. This is NOT Green Bay situation in 07...this game will be close ..there is no real favorite except home field. 49er fans are all ready to pick a Super Bowl opponent. So funny, this reminds me of GB fans in 07 SO MUCH. The similiarities are frightening.

It would be a tough loss at this juncture but to reach the Conference at 9-7 is a success in itself, who'da thunkit, and I am not taking anything away from the Niners, their defense is tough, but so are the Giants, in addition if you look at their regular season record 13-3, they defeated 8 teams 500 and under, it may or may not be a factor.

It's a new day and anybody's game, hopefully the pendulum will swing their way!

Sunday can't come soon enough, looking forward to great games, Go Big Blue! ! !

Last edited by mig1; 01-17-2012 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: typo 13-8

Old 01-17-2012, 01:07 PM

11,729 posts, read 11,570,688 times
JP03, to your point, Aaron Rodgers on his radio show today said, no excuses, not rust, we just didn't play well or execute.

He said, it is disrespectful to the Giants, the great game they played, their good preparation to try and blame things for our game.

Thought I would put this here, because it is exactly what you were saying.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 PM

8,121 posts, read 17,353,385 times
Off the top of my head, I can only recollect two teams that went to the SB with 9-7 records, the 1979 Rams and the 2008 Cardinals. Both teams lost close games.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:38 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,906,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
JP03, to your point, Aaron Rodgers on his radio show today said, no excuses, not rust, we just didn't play well or execute.

He said, it is disrespectful to the Giants, the great game they played, their good preparation to try and blame things for our game.

Thought I would put this here, because it is exactly what you were saying.
Thanks..yep, he said the right things.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:05 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,518,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Once you get to this point, NFC Championship loss would be very tough. I think the Giants can beat SF, hope they do. I'll be watching!

2010 Pack and Giants had same record, 10-6. Pack got hot after beating Giants in Dec. Aaron came back from his concussion, played lights out. Maybe they thought we beat them last year 45-17, only trouble is playoffs totally different ball game. Last year, 2007, none of it matters! Good luck!

I said before I thought Giants were going to be the hot team and someone totally shot that down, don't remember who, what are they thinking now?
Yep, I gave you your props on that call, susancruzs! You called it a loooong time ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or