U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2008, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 5,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
F*CKIN A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They did it! They did it! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
Now let's kick those SOB Pats all the way from Phoenix back to New England!!!!!!!!!!
GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah they alright but i got a better taem for u the COWBOYS baby thats wat iam talin about wat thell take the bowl this year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2008, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 5,069 times
Exclamation go my team

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
F*CKIN A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They did it! They did it! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!
Now let's kick those SOB Pats all the way from Phoenix back to New England!!!!!!!!!!
GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah they alright but i got a better taem for u the COWBOYS baby thats wat iam talkin about wat,they'll take the bowl this year

Old 05-01-2008, 10:26 AM

5,412 posts, read 14,322,058 times
Post Bush welcomes SB winning Giants

President Bush Welcomes Super Bowl XLII Champion New York Giants to White House

Old 06-11-2008, 03:18 PM

563 posts, read 2,323,449 times
Default Giants' Burress Wants a new contract

I thought contracts were binding. It was good three years ago for him to sign when no one wanted this SOB. Now they win the superbowl and he feels he deserves fair compensation? I wonder if this works both ways. Can the Giants renegotiate the contract when he plays crappy...what an a-hole this guy is. No surprise, when you see what agent represents him. I hope the Giants stand firm. 3 years left on the contract deal with it or get out.

Giants' Burress wants new contract -- Newsday.com (broken link)

Old 06-11-2008, 04:22 PM

23,650 posts, read 33,451,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrai309 View Post
I thought contracts were binding. It was good three years ago for him to sign when no one wanted this SOB. Now they win the superbowl and he feels he deserves fair compensation? I wonder if this works both ways. Can the Giants renegotiate the contract when he plays crappy...what an a-hole this guy is. No surprise, when you see what agent represents him. I hope the Giants stand firm. 3 years left on the contract deal with it or get out.

Giants' Burress wants new contract -- Newsday.com (broken link)
Burress has justified his want for a new contract with that Super Bowl ring not to mention having a big year with a bad ankle. Why is he any different from any other player wanting a new deal? Urlacher wants a new contract and he has back issues to match declining productivity.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:08 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,575,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Burress has justified his want for a new contract with that Super Bowl ring not to mention having a big year with a bad ankle. Why is he any different from any other player wanting a new deal? Urlacher wants a new contract and he has back issues to match declining productivity.
Because he's obligated to play out the one he signed off. Do you really not get it?

Old 06-15-2008, 01:33 PM

This pisses me off. When a player signs a contract, he should fulfill it as specified by the contract. It just irks me so much. I really like(d?) Burress since I'm a Giants fan and he had a great season last year, despite playing on a gimpy ankle. But this just pisses me off.

Also pissing me off is Shockey. He apparently got into a shouting match w/ Giants GM Reese.

Old 06-15-2008, 01:43 PM

7,231 posts, read 8,240,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
This pisses me off. When a player signs a contract, he should fulfill it as specified by the contract. It just irks me so much. I really like(d?) Burress since I'm a Giants fan and he had a great season last year, despite playing on a gimpy ankle. But this just pisses me off.

Also pissing me off is Shockey. He apparently got into a shouting match w/ Giants GM Reese.
Yeah I heard about Shockey. Whats going on with those guys? they just won a superbowl for goodness sake. Shouldnt they be focused on defending that title instead, and then see what happens?

Old 06-15-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Yeah I heard about Shockey. Whats going on with those guys? they just won a superbowl for goodness sake. Shouldnt they be focused on defending that title instead, and then see what happens?
I have a feeling that these 2 things coupled w/ Strahan's retirement is going to make it a very difficult task to repeat as champs. But I have faith.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:23 PM

7,186 posts, read 11,234,288 times
As far as I'm concerned, if a player has a contract, he must abide by it through its term. Enough said.

Too bad nobody else but the Buc's have the cajones to sit a player (Keyshawn) out when they act like an idiot. I say if the Jint's aren't playoff bound at half way through the season, they should sit Burress for the remainder and then let him go negotiate the free agent market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or