U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 01:10 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,304,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
I feel like the Giants have some serious question marks on both the O Line and the D Line. The secondary is suspect at best.
The O line is unproven. There is youth and high draft picks on it but an o line takes time to cement itself.

The D line is good inside with Hankins and Jenkins (Bromley is young and needs time) but again unproven on the ends without JPP.

Damontre Moore needs to really excel this season; the draft pick Odighizuwa again youth- unproven.

So there is youth and high draft picks on both lines but it is unproven.

Once the lines come of age and gel; the team will be good again. I do not see it this year and Coughlin will be gone when they turn it around.

My vote for next Giants HC is Gus Malzahn. Im sure I am not the only NFL fan hoping he will coach their team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 07:27 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
So JJ does end up back in GB, sensible fans are very happy, the rest don't get the big picture! I understand development of young WRs, however, they are unproven and with Cobb nursing a sore shoulder, another vet a good thing! Thank you!

I read today Myles White, who was released to sign Jones, is now with the Giants, he was up and coming, back and forth with the Packers, so a fresh start is probably good for him!

Interesting the way it went down, because there was such a delay in the Packers adding their 10th PS spot, another WR. I'm a little suspicious but it works out for both teams. Myles played so much the last game, like they were trying to get looks out there on him, and were they counting on JJ being available? OK, I'll come down from the grassy knoll!

Hope the Giants get sorted out, good luck!

Old 09-14-2015, 11:05 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,566,706 times
How the hell did the coaching staff call a pass play on 3rd down when Dallas had no timeouts? and why the hell didn't Eli change the play in the huddle or audible out of it?! Geez Louise LOL

Old 09-14-2015, 11:48 AM

32,460 posts, read 26,332,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
How the hell did the coaching staff call a pass play on 3rd down when Dallas had no timeouts? and why the hell didn't Eli change the play in the huddle or audible out of it?! Geez Louise LOL
or even better, had eli just taken the sack instead of throwing the ball away, the giants could have let the clock run down a long ways, and the cowboys would not have had the time they did. as for the pass play on third down, the OC might have been thinking that they had success more with the pass than the run against the cowboys defense, and thus the higher probability of getting the touchdown instead of a field goal.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:38 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,512,283 times
Among my questions after that debacle outside of the obvious ones is: Why is Preston Parker on the roster? I know he is a Special Teams guy, but he showed inconsistent hands all preseason. And, lo and behold, he drops 3 critical passes in the game. James Jones was fine all preseason, so I am not going to even get into why Parker over him (MUST be Special Teams), but I am really hoping that Cruz is returning soon, or that they give the Harris guy a chance at the third WR slot, because I have had my fill of Parker...

Old 09-20-2015, 02:12 PM

The Giants have lost another game in similar fashion as last week...amazing.

Old 09-20-2015, 02:19 PM

Now I know what it must feel like to have Andy Reid as your head coach...

Old 09-22-2015, 03:44 PM

I see the Giants finally agreed with me: They released Preston Parker today. However, the damage has already been done...

Old 09-22-2015, 04:18 PM

11,723 posts, read 11,548,322 times
The press plus media pointing out James Jones has so many yards and 3 TDs, and Giants let him go. However, there is more to it, way more, I'm sure.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
The press plus media pointing out James Jones has so many yards and 3 TDs, and Giants let him go. However, there is more to it, way more, I'm sure.
I would like to think so as well, susancruzs, but what baffles me is Parker didnt have a great preseason. I could see this coming, so I dont understand what the coaches were thinking. Parker was dropping balls in the preseason and Jones was catching everything thrown his way. I'm even saying this is just a Jones thing: Parker was horrible in preseason when I watched, so I dont really see how some of the other WRs didnt beat him out--not just Jones. I know Special Teams have a lot of value, but if a guy cant catch, why do I need him on the roster if he is listed as a WR?

I was surprised when Parker made the roster; not necessarily because the Giants released Jones, but because Parker didnt join him then on the waiver wire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or