U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2015, 10:05 PM

806 posts, read 657,486 times

Advertisements

Not sure why he was so ticked off. Anyone know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2015, 10:53 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,470,053 times
After watching these clips, the only reason I can possibly think of that beckham wasn't ejected is that the NFL tacitly approves of this kind of behavior.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:54 PM

689 posts, read 338,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
Not sure why he was so ticked off. Anyone know?
Josh Norman got into his head. I think Norman is trying to take a route somewhat similar to Richard Sherman by making a name for himself.

Norman got into Dez Bryants head during Panthers-Cowboys game. ODB should've controlled himself and not let it get to him. Both are at fault in my opinion but ODB should be fined for cheap shot to Norman's head. I know football is a physical sport but ODB was wrong to do that. Norman couldve been paralyzed or severely damaged from that.

Low key shots being fired now from Norman and saying layers being peeled off ODB and his going off maybe female related and it's in his blood. There are rumors that floated around recently about ODB's sexuality (videos on social media about him looking at a man's behind and him dancing) and I think Norman is starting to harp on that.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:43 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,678,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acercode View Post
Great comeback by the Giants but had it not been for the TD drop by ODBJ, pick 6 drop by the D and the fumble by Jennings, they probably would've won.
I look at it this way:

If the refs did their job and kicked OBJ out of the game like every objectionable fan agrees on, would've been a much different ending.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:04 AM

1,069 posts, read 555,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I look at it this way:

If the refs did their job and kicked OBJ out of the game like every objectionable fan agrees on, would've been a much different ending.
Totally agree, refs blew it....I also blame Coughlin. Every play, Beckham was going after him. COUGHLIN, PULL HIS ASS OUT OF THE GAME AND SIT HIM FOR A SERIES OR TWO!!!!

Old 12-21-2015, 07:07 AM

1,039 posts, read 776,724 times
Couglin's next long term contract will be at a Nursing Home.

Old 12-21-2015, 07:47 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,236,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Totally agree, refs blew it....I also blame Coughlin. Every play, Beckham was going after him. COUGHLIN, PULL HIS ASS OUT OF THE GAME AND SIT HIM FOR A SERIES OR TWO!!!!
I think Coughlin knows without OBJ, the Giants don't really pose much of a threat. I mean, the first half, he gets shut out and suddenly you're seeing the Panthers up 21-7. I think the coach was thinking more about himself than what was the right thing to do.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:31 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,236,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
I think Coughlin knows without OBJ, the Giants don't really pose much of a threat. I mean, the first half, he gets shut out and suddenly you're seeing the Panthers up 21-7. I think the coach was thinking more about himself than what was the right thing to do.
Having said that, that's not a stab at the Giants, but just from what I've seen. Eli is always going to give you 110%, but really, Beckham is a game changer. He's the only game changer the Giants currently have. And if you shut him down, the Giants offense is going to sputter. That being said, I do hope he plays in that last game against Philly!

Old 12-21-2015, 09:11 AM

16,528 posts, read 20,986,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I look at it this way:

Coupon Jack is right. Not surprisingly, network news is talking about it this morning. The CBS Morning News spent over a minute on this about an hour ago. CNN also. On last nights Cardinal/Eagle game at halftime, IIRC Chris Collinsworth remarked "hey you have an official looking right at the play, you HAVE to call that!"

Old 12-21-2015, 09:54 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,678,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Coupon Jack is right. Not surprisingly, network news is talking about it this morning. The CBS Morning News spent over a minute on this about an hour ago. CNN also. On last nights Cardinal/Eagle game at halftime, IIRC Chris Collinsworth remarked "hey you have an official looking right at the play, you HAVE to call that!"
What makes matters worse is that the NFL refs have been getting POUNDED all year for blown calls / etc.....

Since Coughlin wasn't going to do it, They (referees) had an opportunity to make this right by immediately kicking him out of the game, and they failed.

Could anyone imagine the reprocussions if Norman got seriously injured on that spear head hit from OBJ? He came right at him like a missile....

NBC did a TERRIBLE job last night...Dungy and Harrison should be ashamed of themselves..not once did I hear them before/after the AZ/PHI game call OBJ out and say he should've been suspended. Unfortunately THAT was the story of the day....

These sports media people are something else....ALWAYS pandering to the NFL player.

Can we get some people who tell it like it is? The only one I heard yesterday say something was Jimmie Johnson on FOX. Jeez...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or