U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-04-2016, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,512,728 times
Reputation: 1655

Advertisements

I guess that is McAdoo is being aggressive...

However, sometimes, you have to take the points when you can get them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-04-2016, 07:28 PM
 
9,585 posts, read 8,888,264 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
The Giants are a weird team to watch in a game. In one quarter they look so elite, and then the next, they look like a complete rookie team. I don't know how they always get so far, but they do it somehow.
I think you are describing ELI. Talk about a bed crap today..he should have stayed on the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2016, 07:29 PM
 
9,585 posts, read 8,888,264 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Don't get me wrong, as a Cowboy fan, I like the result of the Giant-Steelers game. Just a point to bring up....Does McAdoo know that in American Football, you are allowed to kick FGs?
Right calls ..down 2 scores in 4th FG does you diddly. Have to be able to convert..execution problem ,...good coaching decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2016, 07:32 PM
 
158 posts, read 49,654 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I guess that is McAdoo is being aggressive...

However, sometimes, you have to take the points when you can get them.
3 times???? I think some coaches get caught up with being "exciting"....be boring and take the 3 points
I don't agree with the mindset of "I have to score TDs to keep up with the other team". If your defense can't stop the other team, what are you doing on the field
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2016, 07:36 PM
 
158 posts, read 49,654 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Right calls ..down 2 scores in 4th FG does you diddly. Have to be able to convert..execution problem ,...good coaching decision.
4th and 13 in FG range, you kick....if you kick the ball on those 3 occasions, you are down 1 score when you get the ball back with 2 mins to go as opposed to being down 17
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2016, 07:51 PM
 
9,585 posts, read 8,888,264 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
4th and 13 in FG range, you kick....if you kick the ball on those 3 occasions, you are down 1 score when you get the ball back with 2 mins to go as opposed to being down 17
LOL...if you kick the ball once everything after that would be different. You cant assume they would get th same situation. Now down 14 a field goal still leaves you 2 scores down. You DONT kick the field goal there although the way the Giants offense looked 4th and 13 may as well have been a mile so yes that was a wasted play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2016, 11:29 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,512,728 times
Reputation: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
3 times???? I think some coaches get caught up with being "exciting"....be boring and take the 3 points
I don't agree with the mindset of "I have to score TDs to keep up with the other team". If your defense can't stop the other team, what are you doing on the field
Right, like I said...sometimes, you have to take the points when you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 02:00 AM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,512,728 times
Reputation: 1655
I am surprised that the Giants pulled out the win Sunday night. I thought for sure without JPP a lot of their run defense and pass rush would be comprised to the point that Dallas would be able to score a lot more than 7 points. That said, the Giants O still cant get out of their own way, and just seem to be way more miss than hit as the season goes along...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 09:25 AM
 
Location: The Great West
2,077 posts, read 2,023,303 times
Reputation: 4068
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I am surprised that the Giants pulled out the win Sunday night. I thought for sure without JPP a lot of their run defense and pass rush would be comprised to the point that Dallas would be able to score a lot more than 7 points. That said, the Giants O still cant get out of their own way, and just seem to be way more miss than hit as the season goes along...
Elliott still had 100+ yards but Okwara and Kennard were too tough for Dak and Dallas' elite O-line to handle in the end. This is a Spagnuolo defense indeed. The Giants are in the Cowboys offense's head anyway, and besides that, I felt like Dallas was slowing down the last few weeks.

Still so weird to see the Giants O like this when last year they were so good. That offense and this year's defense would have made a very scary team. The difference maker is the patchwork O-line. Eli has no confidence playing behind them so even when they do well he makes a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2016, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,512,728 times
Reputation: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Elliott still had 100+ yards but Okwara and Kennard were too tough for Dak and Dallas' elite O-line to handle in the end. This is a Spagnuolo defense indeed. The Giants are in the Cowboys offense's head anyway, and besides that, I felt like Dallas was slowing down the last few weeks.

Still so weird to see the Giants O like this when last year they were so good. That offense and this year's defense would have made a very scary team. The difference maker is the patchwork O-line. Eli has no confidence playing behind them so even when they do well he makes a mistake.
Just goes to show you that I dont care how good you are, if the O-line doesnt hold up, no one can function. Heck, it is a big reason why the Giants havent been able to run the ball for the better part of 2 years now. What is worse, to me, the solution is simple: Now, this wont fix anything this season, but they need to move Flowers to RT (He is a big strong physical tackle) and find a better LT. You would then have 4 of the 5 positions on the offensive front filled with good players. I think Flowers can be a good player, I just think he is badly out of position, but there really isnt anything the Giants can do about it now because they dont have a better LT on the roster at this moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top