U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2018, 07:24 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times

Advertisements

As I said earlier this season. He's just never been that good, Eli that is. No shocker that he's not playing well. He hasn't played well for at least half his career in the NFL. And now he is nearing 40. But I suppose he'll make the HOF some day largely based on his last name. McAdoo certainly doesn't look so clueless anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2018, 08:14 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
As I said earlier this season. He's just never been that good, Eli that is. No shocker that he's not playing well. He hasn't played well for at least half his career in the NFL. And now he is nearing 40. But I suppose he'll make the HOF some day largely based on his last name. McAdoo certainly doesn't look so clueless anymore.
McAdoo is still clueless. He doesnt get off the hook.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:21 PM

12,907 posts, read 8,735,729 times
This game really shows how bad Eli has become, he needs some benching right now. That interception was a terrible throw. His head seems to be stuck on getting rid of the ball without throwing it down the field. He doesn't trust throwing to any receiver except to Barkley. Which is making his completed yards look good but in reality Barkley is the one extending his passing yards. If we take away all those screen passes to Barkley he would've finished around 100 yards of passing to other receivers.

I just don't understand how Eli can't move to the right to avoid the 1st guy trying to take him down. He used to do that but now he just stands too stationary in the pocket.

Shurmur is running out of ideas. I'm just glad that I don't pay to watch this team, rather watch the Jets.

Old 10-11-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Eli is way too overrated to be in the HOF. If we examine his career, when has he ever lead the league in any record or category? For the 2 Superbowl MVPs, I don't think he really deserved the 2nd one since he didn't score that much and really was Tuck that sealed the game with the sacks and the Giants pass rush with Tuck, Osi, and JPP going for Brady.

He played well in 2011 I give him credit but he has under-performed since then.

Brees at 6 feet tall is almost 1/2 a foot shorter than him and throws the big bomb and completes them without any interception. If you look at the football, he really knows how to spin that foot ball where Eli's throws doesn't get enough spiral.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:45 AM

23,631 posts, read 33,419,067 times
A couple of wild developments this morning.

Odell blames his early exit at halftime on dehydration. Coach Shumur said it has been a ongoing issue. Millions in medical staff and plenty of Gatorade and dehydration is an issue that cause you to disrespect your teammates? BS!

Geno Smith took to Twitter to demand that people apologize to Coach McAdoo for being made the scapegoat. Geno, from a lover of football, sit yo a$& down. You are not talented enough to make demands of anyone. You may be correct but that ain’t the mouthpiece to say it.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:06 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,013,832 times
The Giants are the type of team that really should have been trying to trade for a guy like Garoppolo last season. The rest of the skill position players on offense (OBJ, Barkley, Shepard, Engram) are ready right now and need a "ready-now" type of QB and Garoppolo might have been able to be that guy.

Instead, they will end up needing to use their 1st rounder in 2019 on a new QB and pray that he develops quickly. If he doesn't, then a lot of talented young guys on offense will be wasting years of their prime.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
The Giants are the type of team that really should have been trying to trade for a guy like Garoppolo last season. The rest of the skill position players on offense (OBJ, Barkley, Shepard, Engram) are ready right now and need a "ready-now" type of QB and Garoppolo might have been able to be that guy.

Instead, they will end up needing to use their 1st rounder in 2019 on a new QB and pray that he develops quickly. If he doesn't, then a lot of talented young guys on offense will be wasting years of their prime.
1st, the Pats would not trade with the Giants or any East Coast team. 2nd the Giants currently don't have the O-line capable of protecting any top quality QB.

What gets me is that the last 3 years they knew the front line needs rebuilding and they've taken only 2 linesmen with their top picks. I know Odell and Barkley are top talents but they could've solidify the line with their top picks in the last 3 years to reforge the line then they've got plenty of time to develop other positions. I keep saying the Giants could've taken Zack Martin instead of Odell and then kept Justin Pugh but they didn't do either and now Odell is ineffective.

Now Odell is useless, Barkley could get hurt anytime the way he runs and leaps over people. Manning could be one bad hit or fall from being finally hurt.

It was the right thing to do last year with benching Eli and getting Geno a chance but Mara got spooked when Giants fan threaten to boycott. He was quoted that he supported Macadoo's decision then fired him and Reese afterwards to make it look like he listens to the fans.

Old 10-19-2018, 10:16 AM

4,292 posts, read 1,856,810 times
Despite all my bashing of Eli I am starting him in fantasy this week against possibly the worst pass defense in the NFL. Atlanta has given up 19 passing TDs in their last five games. 300+ yards passing in four of their last five games.

My other options are Watson and Rivers who are both going against top 10 passing defenses this week. I picked Eli up off of waivers. Hopefully Mara's calling out of Odell has a positive impact as well this week.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:59 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,103 times
OBJ said today he doesnt like water. This has been offered as his trips for IV before half. Does he drink Gatorade or something during games?

Old 10-22-2018, 09:14 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
I am stumped by the decision to have Eli run two quarterback sneaks in the last minute of regulation. Why? That ticked away about 40 seconds of play clock. Maybe there is something here I'm missing but a pass only takes 3-4 seconds when it's 1st and goal at the 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or