U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2018, 10:14 PM

3,961 posts, read 2,513,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I am stumped by the decision to have Eli run two quarterback sneaks in the last minute of regulation. Why? That ticked away about 40 seconds of play clock. Maybe there is something here I'm missing but a pass only takes 3-4 seconds when it's 1st and goal at the 2.
Eli made a super bone headed decision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
A couple of wild developments this morning.

Odell blames his early exit at halftime on dehydration. Coach Shumur said it has been a ongoing issue. Millions in medical staff and plenty of Gatorade and dehydration is an issue that cause you to disrespect your teammates? BS!

Geno Smith took to Twitter to demand that people apologize to Coach McAdoo for being made the scapegoat. Geno, from a lover of football, sit yo a$& down. You are not talented enough to make demands of anyone. You may be correct but that ainít the mouthpiece to say it.
And he's not correct, so there's that, too.

Old 10-22-2018, 11:36 PM

6,547 posts, read 4,496,603 times
Quote:
I am stumped by the decision to have Eli run two quarterback sneaks in the last minute of regulation. Why? That ticked away about 40 seconds of play clock. Maybe there is something here I'm missing but a pass only takes 3-4 seconds when it's 1st and goal at the 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Eli made a super bone headed decision
I can actually defend the first one in a sense: Yes, there are no timeouts, but you are basically at the goal line, and figure you may catch the Falcons off guard; they probably aren't expecting a QB sneak, especially a QB sneak from what very well could be the least athletic QB in the league.

The second one however.....what the fudge was Eli thinking?? You got one shot and it went nowhere throw the damn ball!!

Old 10-23-2018, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
I can actually defend the first one in a sense: Yes, there are no timeouts, but you are basically at the goal line, and figure you may catch the Falcons off guard; they probably aren't expecting a QB sneak, especially a QB sneak from what very well could be the least athletic QB in the league.

The second one however.....what the fudge was Eli thinking?? You got one shot and it went nowhere throw the damn ball!!
I can agree with that...but, did Shurmur call these? I cannot imagine he did...

Old 10-23-2018, 07:34 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,016,072 times
Quote:
I was expecting Eli to quickly get everyone to the line and spike it to stop the clock, since they had no timeouts. They would have obviously lost a down but that would have still left them with 2 downs to get it in the end-zone. Just as important, it would have allowed them some time to huddle up and pick the right play to try to get it in the end-zone.

Old 10-23-2018, 03:45 PM

21,198 posts, read 30,396,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
The Giants are the type of team that really should have been trying to trade for a guy like Garoppolo last season. The rest of the skill position players on offense (OBJ, Barkley, Shepard, Engram) are ready right now and need a "ready-now" type of QB and Garoppolo might have been able to be that guy.

Instead, they will end up needing to use their 1st rounder in 2019 on a new QB and pray that he develops quickly. If he doesn't, then a lot of talented young guys on offense will be wasting years of their prime.
Why don't they give the opportunity to a QB already on the team like Kyle Lauletta, the rookie out of Richmond? At 1-6 clearly they're not headed in the right direction and instead of watching the Manning nightmare continue week in/week out work on someone already there who's riding the bench and save several million dollars on a free agent contract that might not work out.

Old 10-24-2018, 08:38 AM

23,650 posts, read 33,451,681 times
The Giants have traded Snacks Harrison to the Lions for a 5th round pick. In addition to Eli Apple being dealt to the Saints, Janorus Jenkins is also been brought up in trade talks.

Old 10-24-2018, 11:24 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,016,072 times
For the Giants fans - what would be your preferred approach at QB going into 2019: would you prefer to either trade for a current starting QB who is on the outs with his team (Derek Carr), sign a youngish QB who has some experience but still some theoretical upside (Teddy Bridgewater) or use a high 1st round pick in the 2019 draft to draft a rookie QB?

Old 10-24-2018, 11:51 AM

23,650 posts, read 33,451,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
For the Giants fans - what would be your preferred approach at QB going into 2019: would you prefer to either trade for a current starting QB who is on the outs with his team (Derek Carr), sign a youngish QB who has some experience but still some theoretical upside (Teddy Bridgewater) or use a high 1st round pick in the 2019 draft to draft a rookie QB?
Not a Giants fan but Iíll answer. The Giants philosophy by the moves theyíve made is to win now. The fan base is not going to be content to go through a full rebuild with probably two bad seasons in a row now. I would try to target Teddy Bridgewater if he is available. He is competent enough to be an upgrade over current day Eli. He is mobile enough to survive a bad O-Line. And he wonít be that expensive. The Giants would have the best chance of competing immeadiately with Bridgewater.

Old 10-25-2018, 06:47 AM

2,123 posts, read 4,320,394 times
I think it is a firesale similar to what the Raiders are doing but Snacks for a 5th seems cheap. Having to play him twice a year he was an absolute immovable force in the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or