U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2008, 12:41 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,840,369 times

Advertisements

BREAKING NEWS REGARDING PLAXICO BURRESS

Burress to be held out of starting lineup for missing treatment session

The 2008 season continues to be a trying one for Plaxico Burress.

The New York Giants receiver, already fined $117,000 by the team earlier this month and $45,000 in additional fines from the NFL for his actions during and after the Giants' victory over the San Francisco 49ers in Week 7, was told he will be held out of the starting lineup against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday for missing treatments for a neck injury.

The Giants reportedly considered suspending Burress for missing a treatment session Saturday morning.

Depending on the Giants' success against the Steelers, Burress could very well miss the entire game. In a text message to ESPN's Rachel Nichols, Burress said he did not know how long he would be on the bench.

Burress' latest fines from the NFL included $20,000 for verbally abusing an official during the Giants' game against the 49ers, another $20,000 for "inappropriate" comments about officiating after the game and $5,000 for throwing a football into the stands.

Burress was fined and suspended earlier this month by the Giants for missing a Monday team meeting and being unreachable by phone. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, who appealed the initial suspension to the players association, has said Burress was dealing with important family matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 01:00 PM

5,412 posts, read 14,314,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Well, that's crap about Hines Ward...How many "BAD" hits do you think he has taken and besides, it was a clean hit he made. What about the hit Polamalu took last week--it knocked his helmet off!!
Ward plays hard, but I think some of his plays are a little shady. Didn't Polamalu get hit by his own man last week?

Quote:
Who is your high school? I don't even follow Pitt! I work on the campus of Pitt and could care less about them or Penn State!!
You mean my college? Rutgers. I'm surprised you don't follow Pitt even though you work for them. Did you graduate from there?

Quote:
Remember--friendly rep points to the winner today!! I still say Steelers by a field goal!
Sure thing, I'll be looking forward to your loving later in the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
BREAKING NEWS REGARDING PLAXICO BURRESS

Burress to be held out of starting lineup for missing treatment session

Oh crap, I just read about it on ESPN. Just crap.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:17 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,175,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Ward plays hard, but I think some of his plays are a little shady. Didn't Polamalu get hit by his own man last week?

You mean my college? Rutgers. I'm surprised you don't follow Pitt even though you work for them. Did you graduate from there?

Sure thing, I'll be looking forward to your loving later in the afternoon.

Oh crap, I just read about it on ESPN. Just crap.
I don't think it was one of our guys who hit Palamalu...

Yes, I meant college--brain dead today...I had a migraine all day yesterday so I finally got some sleep this morning and just woke up!! I work at UPMC--University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (I'm a nurse). No, didn't graduate from Pitt. I graduated from Carlow University.

You'll be the one showing me some love!

Plax strikes again---he doesn't disappoint me! Remember, I know that boy well!

Old 10-26-2008, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I don't think it was one of our guys who hit Palamalu...

Yes, I meant college--brain dead today...I had a migraine all day yesterday so I finally got some sleep this morning and just woke up!! I work at UPMC--University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (I'm a nurse). No, didn't graduate from Pitt. I graduated from Carlow University.

You'll be the one showing me some love!

Plax strikes again---he doesn't disappoint me! Remember, I know that boy well!
Ms. RN, sorry about your migraine , but it might be getting worse since the Giants are up 9-7 at halftime. But damn that Steelers "D" not allowing any TDs.

The 3rd Q just started ... time to run back downstairs and watch the rest of the game ... in hi-def.

BTW, Burress got in the game in the 2nd Q. Hope he makes amends!

Old 10-26-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Ms. RN, sorry about your migraine , but it might be getting worse since the Giants are up 9-7 at halftime. But damn that Steelers "D" not allowing any TDs.

The 3rd Q just started ... time to run back downstairs and watch the rest of the game ... in hi-def.

BTW, Burress got in the game in the 2nd Q. Hope he makes amends!
I can't believe all these penalties!! Our "D" is stellar!! And Nate Washington is filling in well for the missing Holmes! And Moore is stepping up to the plate nicely for the missing Parker!

See, that's the difference between the Steelers and other clubs....They would never allow Holmes back in the game to make plays. But your team allows Burress back in to make some plays after he was punished and told to sit out this game. Desperation!!!

Old 10-26-2008, 05:24 PM

OK...I'm giving you your reps now.

Hats off to the Giants for coming from behind.

Well, apparently I have to spread the wealth around before I can give you rep points again. So I will be back to give you your rep points.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:34 PM

Giants, baby!!!!

Thanks for the love.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:48 PM

16,521 posts, read 20,961,579 times
You got to hand it to the Giants for coming back the way they did. And at Heinz Field to boot! They have a pretty rough stretch for the next 5 weeks but they got off to a good start here.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
You got to hand it to the Giants for coming back the way they did. And at Heinz Field to boot! They have a pretty rough stretch for the next 5 weeks but they got off to a good start here.
Thanks, it was good to see them start winning on the road again. I was getting so frustrated when they couldn't punch it in the end zone. After Burress returned, I'm surprised Manning never threw any "jump balls" his way in the end zone. But Manning and Co. finally broke through on that Boss pass.

Here's the recap of the Giants' 21-14 victory over the Steelers.

Now bring on the Cowboys!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 PM

Plaxico Burress article : \
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or