U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-06-2009, 12:36 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
3,133 posts, read 8,338,541 times
Reputation: 1085

Advertisements

There was a program on TV about Burress. He doesn't pay for anything - his cars, house, condo, insurance, hotel rooms and on and on. Creditors said he's nearly impossible to track down and he never answers his phone. They said he's the nicest guy you could ever meet, but he won't pay you until he's scheduled for a court date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2009, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,191,743 times
Reputation: 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Burress is a great receiver.... the NYG would not have won the superbowl without him

He just needs to stay out of trouble
Great receiver-HELL NO! Good receiver-yes. But with his attitude it's not worth it.If you're going to have an attitude at WR then might as well have T.O.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 4,872,938 times
Reputation: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Great receiver-HELL NO! Good receiver-yes. But with his attitude it's not worth it.If you're going to have an attitude at WR then might as well have T.O.
What do you think they are going to do for a receiver this year?

They already told Toomer they dont want him back, which only leaves Smith and Hixon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,191,743 times
Reputation: 2488
T.O. is available,Nate Washington and there are ALOT of guys that are being released or are looking for trades and the draft is usally LOADED with WR's.My steelers got Santonio Holmes and Limas Sweed out of the last couple of drafts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2009, 03:13 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 4,872,938 times
Reputation: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
T.O. is available,Nate Washington and there are ALOT of guys that are being released or are looking for trades and the draft is usally LOADED with WR's.My steelers got Santonio Holmes and Limas Sweed out of the last couple of drafts.
Nate Washington has already signed with the Titans

Also, why in the hell would the giants want T.O.

I think they have to do one of three things

1. Resign Toomer and draft Britt.
2. Pick up Marvin Harrison and draft Britt
3. Trade for Boldin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,191,743 times
Reputation: 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Nate Washington has already signed with the Titans

Also, why in the hell would the giants want T.O.

I think they have to do one of three things

1. Resign Toomer and draft Britt.
2. Pick up Marvin Harrison and draft Britt
3. Trade for Boldin
If you are looking at Boldin what about James? He wants out!
I like Marvin.Didn't know Nate already signed.If the Giants were considering bringing Plaxico back that's why I said they should go for T.O.instead. T.O.'s a much better receiver and actually less of a problem then Plax but you might have to shell out a little more coin.Trading up in the draft for a receiver is also a very good option.Usually college receivers that are in the 1st round especially are ready to go once they hit the pros.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2009, 07:35 PM
 
Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,072 posts, read 1,833,394 times
Reputation: 928
Question New York Giants - Let's sign Terrell Owens ?

New York Giants not interested in Terrell Owens - New York Giants Football - NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2009, 10:16 PM
 
2,057 posts, read 4,872,938 times
Reputation: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
If you are looking at Boldin what about James? He wants out!
I like Marvin.Didn't know Nate already signed.If the Giants were considering bringing Plaxico back that's why I said they should go for T.O.instead. T.O.'s a much better receiver and actually less of a problem then Plax but you might have to shell out a little more coin.Trading up in the draft for a receiver is also a very good option.Usually college receivers that are in the 1st round especially are ready to go once they hit the pros.
I dont think trading up is a good idea. They pick 26th in the first round.

As of right now the only receiver projected to be taken by then is Crabtree. They will have their pick between Heyward-Bey, Harvin, Maclin, Nicks and Britt

I think they should go with a OLB in the 1st round and with the pick they got from NO in the Schockey trade should be used for a receiver. Its pretty much guaranteed that Britt or Nicks will still be there in the middle of the 2nd round (45th overall)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2009, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,191,743 times
Reputation: 2488
They should be fine but their division is strange.Dallas will dropoff,Philly will probably be the same,but Washington seems to be gathering good free agents and might be a bit tougher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2009, 02:25 PM
 
Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,072 posts, read 1,833,394 times
Reputation: 928
Default Latest on Giants !!!

Corey Webster's restructured contract and other New York Giants tidbits - New York Giants Football - NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top