U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2009, 11:46 AM

306 posts, read 241,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
??? I merely gave my opinion....my two cents.....about the N.Y. Giants.
I'm entitled to that.
Now, you want to talk about "intelligence level"? No problem.
You think "Eli" is better than P. Rivers - looks like I win the intelligence contest!
By the way, notice in your recent post how you state that it's your opinion. Well you ain't the only one that's entitled to that right so quit your whining.
Eli = the very definition of inconsistency; an average quarterback, at best.

Friendly banter is one thing, let's not get carried away here. I want a 2 way debate, but do it in a civil manner.
Yes, I believe that Eli Manning is better than Phillip Rivers.

Rivers has possibly the best TE and best RB in the NFL on his team since he came into the leaque and has done nothing, but run his mouth.

Also, one glance at your profile shows that you post in Long Island, which probably means that you are Jets fan. Therefore, your opinion means nothing to me because you are completely bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 12:28 PM

16,398 posts, read 13,103,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLover View Post
Yes, I believe that Eli Manning is better than Phillip Rivers.

Rivers has possibly the best TE and best RB in the NFL on his team since he came into the leaque and has done nothing, but run his mouth.

Also, one glance at your profile shows that you post in Long Island, which probably means that you are Jets fan. Therefore, your opinion means nothing to me because you are completely bias.
I post on City-Data.com.

"Also, one glance at your profile shows that you post in Long Island, which probably means that you are Jets fan. Therefore, your opinion means nothing to me because you are completely bias."

Wow. With that bizarre assumption I am out of here.....(You didn't happen to notice palm trees in my profile while you were there, did ya?)

Old 11-05-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
I post on City-Data.com.

"Also, one glance at your profile shows that you post in Long Island, which probably means that you are Jets fan. Therefore, your opinion means nothing to me because you are completely bias."

Wow. With that bizarre assumption I am out of here.....(You didn't happen to notice palm trees in my profile while you were there, did ya?)
Let's review what happened. You came into a thread about the NY Giants.

I don't remember excactly what your post stated because it was removed, but it was something along the lines of...... "The giants and eli manning suck".

You knew what you were doing was confrontional and was going to cause an argument. Did you honestly expect that you were not going to make someone angry?

Your intentions were to tick people off. Well, you got your wish.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:10 PM

746 posts, read 1,279,704 times
Quote:
The Giants Defensive troubles run WAY deeper than these injuries.
Quote:
The first bolded statement is the stupidest statement that I have read on a forum in my entire life. The Giants did not have defensive troubles last year or any year of the past 3 seasons. In the offseason they did nothing but add players and slim fat from third stringers. They have 4 starters out, which is facts, take it or leave it. There is no team in the NFL that can have 4 starters out on defense and not see a drop off.
that is a little harsh Bro. Stupidest thing ever? You must not read that many mssg boards if that is the stupidest statement you have ever seen.

OK, they lost 3 starters (not giving you Canty because he is in a D line rotation), so this should excuse Philly putting 40 on us??? C'mon!! Enough excuses. The Giants have WAY too much talent (injuries or not) to get pushed around the way they have the last 3 weeks. NO MORE EXCUSES! The Gmen need to go out and kick the #@$* out of San Diego this week !!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
that is a little harsh Bro. Stupidest thing ever? You must not read that many mssg boards if that is the stupidest statement you have ever seen.

OK, they lost 3 starters (not giving you Canty because he is in a D line rotation), so this should excuse Philly putting 40 on us??? C'mon!! Enough excuses. The Giants have WAY too much talent (injuries or not) to get pushed around the way they have the last 3 weeks. NO MORE EXCUSES! The Gmen need to go out and kick the #@$* out of San Diego this week !!!!
Let's get this right, it's 4 starters, not three.

Also, injuries are not an excuse, they are a fact. You can take them or leave it. Your choice?

Also, it's kind of funny how fans come on forums and say things like "no excuses", "giants injuries are know excuses" and "they should still win regardless". Let's have a realistic approach to this situation, instead of the "my team should win every game and the superbowl every year" approach.

I believe on Tuesday or Wed I was randomly switching through channels and came across ESPN during NFL Live. It was funny because exactly when I switched the channel, Junior Seau was asked what is the giants problem.

Guess what he showedon film? He showed CC Brown getting torched three times in a row for TD's. Who by the way should not be on the field if Phillips was there. Then after the little slideshow he goes " the problem is Brown playing and not Phillips, I dont see this getting any better if he is gone".

I think it's common sense to believe what an analyst says who has PLAYED in the NFL over random people on a message board. Also, he is not the only one that said it because I believe that it was Tom Jackson who said the same thing on a completley different show sometime this week.

Last edited by UrbanLover; 11-06-2009 at 12:30 AM..

Old 11-06-2009, 01:46 AM

NY Giants safety C.C. Brown admits long Eagles TD "was my fault'' | New York Giants - - NJ.com

Old 11-06-2009, 09:08 AM

746 posts, read 1,279,704 times
Hey Urban Lover- How many arguments do you have going on this thread right now? Three?

Philips is done. Using his absence as the excuse fior the Giants woes is futile. What is the point? They have been DESTROYED for 2 of the past 3 weeks. So, that it? you mail it in for the rest of the season because 4 players are injured?

EVERY TEAM has injuries.

we are not talking about tough losses in the last minute. We are talking about the giants getting embarrassed. We are talking about 60 yd runs by a Philly back up. We are talking about De shaun Jackson not having a giant defender within 20 yds of him w/ a minute to go in the 1st half. We are talking about the Saints moving the ball up and down the field like they were playing the Rams.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:48 AM

16,398 posts, read 13,103,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLover View Post
Let's review what happened. You came into a thread about the NY Giants.

I don't remember excactly what your post stated because it was removed, but it was something along the lines of...... "The giants and eli manning suck".

You knew what you were doing was confrontional and was going to cause an argument. Did you honestly expect that you were not going to make someone angry?

Your intentions were to tick people off. Well, you got your wish.
I said I was out of here, but to answer your post - you"re 100% wrong (again).

Old 11-06-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
Hey Urban Lover- How many arguments do you have going on this thread right now? Three?

Philips is done. Using his absence as the excuse fior the Giants woes is futile. What is the point? They have been DESTROYED for 2 of the past 3 weeks. So, that it? you mail it in for the rest of the season because 4 players are injured?

EVERY TEAM has injuries.

we are not talking about tough losses in the last minute. We are talking about the giants getting embarrassed. We are talking about 60 yd runs by a Philly back up. We are talking about De shaun Jackson not having a giant defender within 20 yds of him w/ a minute to go in the 1st half. We are talking about the Saints moving the ball up and down the field like they were playing the Rams.
Yeah,. let's throw out analyst opinions from former NFL players such as Junior Seau, Tom Jackson, Merrill Hoge, etc....... let's just listen to what random people who know nothing about football have to say. REAL BRILLIANT

Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I said I was out of here, but to answer your post - you"re 100% wrong (again).
But, for some reason you had to come back?

I was hoping that you were going to live up to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or