Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 02:17 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,098,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Good list, but I would add Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, and Schaub ahead of Eli.

I would take Eli over the likes of Orton, McNabb, Hasselbeck and the rest of the good QB's in the league, but I could go either way on Cassell, Cutler, Romo, and Palmer.
Giants offense looks good, but you can tell Eli misses Smith and Nicks..Ohara/Diehl when they come back this offense will be very very hard to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 02:25 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Giants offense looks good, but you can tell Eli misses Smith and Nicks..Ohara/Diehl when they come back this offense will be very very hard to stop.
Brandon Jacobs should be on a team with a normal QB

Old 12-05-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Brandon Jacobs should be on a team with a normal QB
Whatever. Another Giant win..hope it hurts.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Because he can't TURNOVER the ball againat better teams like..........the Eagles
Ok ok ...for godsakes...like a broken record. No matter what Eli does you won't give him credit anyway. Your credibility is so small because of that.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Ok ok ...for godsakes...like a broken record. No matter what Eli does you won't give him credit anyway. Your credibility is so small because of that.
he has to beat the eagles to earn my respect

Old 12-06-2010, 12:16 AM

621 posts, read 2,322,941 times
Quote:
Good list, but I would add Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, and Schaub ahead of Eli.

I would take Eli over the likes of Orton, McNabb, Hasselbeck and the rest of the good QB's in the league, but I could go either way on Cassell, Cutler, Romo, and Palmer.
Flacco, Ryan and Sanchez over Eli..........

Bwahahahahaha

about 8 of Eli's interceptions are due to tipped passes this year. Look at Drew Brees and his interception total. I'll take Eli in a 2 minute offense in a chaotic game over most on this list. That's not a homer pick either, most analyst, scouts think Eli may be one of the best 2 minute drive QBs in the league.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Big Ben
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Eli Manning
8. Tony Romo
9. Matt Schaub
10. Matt Ryan

You can debated anything after 1 and 2. But Eli is a top 10 quarterback in this league. Not a borderline top ten QB. A legit top 10 QB

Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 AM

9,347 posts, read 20,710,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91NYG View Post

Bwahahahahaha

about 8 of Eli's interceptions are due to tipped passes this year. Look at Drew Brees and his interception total. I'll take Eli in a 2 minute offense in a chaotic game over most on this list. That's not a homer pick either, most analyst, scouts think Eli may be one of the best 2 minute drive QBs in the league.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Big Ben
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Eli Manning
8. Tony Romo
9. Matt Schaub
10. Matt Ryan

You can debated anything after 1 and 2. But Eli is a top 10 quarterback in this league. Not a borderline top ten QB. A legit top 10 QB
I am glad to see you agree with me about Eli's standing in the league, per QB rating, however, the omission here on your part is Vick. In my opinion, right now he's playing at a top 5 level QB. If you want to consider body of work over a career, you'd have to rate him lower. But he'd still place over Romo and Schaub, and possibly Ryan.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:03 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,730,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91NYG View Post

Bwahahahahaha

1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Big Ben
6. Aaron Rodgers
7. Eli Manning
8. Tony Romo
9. Matt Schaub
10. Matt Ryan

Tipped passes can be blamed on a percentage of any QB's interceptions. I still put Ryan and Sanchez ahead of Eli for their ability to improvise in the pocket and their consistency. Eli has that deer in the headlights reaction most times he's pressured.

Thank goodness for the running game and a faltering Skins defensive line this past Sunday or Eli would have been forced to throw the ball. I'm sorry, but he's just too hot and cold for me to give him a solid top ten rating.

Lately, I think he's been rubbing off on his brother. What's up with Peyton and all those interceptions?

Old 12-06-2010, 10:01 PM

9,347 posts, read 20,710,716 times
Quote:
Tipped passes can be blamed on a percentage of any QB's interceptions. I still put Ryan and Sanchez ahead of Eli for their ability to improvise in the pocket and their consistency. Eli has that deer in the headlights reaction most times he's pressured.

Thank goodness for the running game and a faltering Skins defensive line this past Sunday or Eli would have been forced to throw the ball. I'm sorry, but he's just too hot and cold for me to give him a solid top ten rating.

Lately, I think he's been rubbing off on his brother. What's up with Peyton and all those interceptions?
Hey Coolhand,

After Sanchez's performance tonight, you might want to re-think your ranking of him over Eli Manning. I thought his check-down recognition tonight was nothing short of awful.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Hey Coolhand,

After Sanchez's performance tonight, you might want to re-think your ranking of him over Eli Manning. I thought his check-down recognition tonight was nothing short of awful.
Although I agree with you that Eli is over Sanchez, you are not really going to look at one game to judge a player are you? Sanchez has been VERY good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football