U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2010, 05:57 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
That was an absolute debacle. The Giants coaching staff wrapped that game up and handed it to the Eagles. Don't get me wrong, the Eagles still had to score after the repeated gifts from the Giants, but handed the game they were.

The entire Giant coaching staff should be fired. The punter, who has sucked all season, should be released tonight.

End of venting.

I do hope the Eagles do well. I like the team, Andy Reid and the Mike Vick comeback.
I don't necessarily like those obnoxious fans or Deshawn Jackson.

you a giants fan and want to see the eagles succeed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 06:06 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,320,119 times
Rather see them do well than say the Cowboys (no need to worry there) or the Jets.
With that being said, I do love to watch their fans suffer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

Old 12-19-2010, 06:43 PM

28,488 posts, read 15,447,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I have had Cowboy fans say they are routing for the Eagles because of the Vick comeback.

I tell them to go back and sulk with their own team - it's not allowed - I don't want them feeling good on our good fortune.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:18 AM

8,114 posts, read 17,327,090 times
First of all, the obvious: Matt Dodge's next gig should be cleaning the bathrooms at the Walt Whitman rest stop on the New Jersey Turnpike. However, the game should have never disintegrated to 31-31 in the first place. For that, blame must be laid at the hands of the defensive coaching staff, starting with Perry Fewell. This performance likely cost Fewell a shot at an NFL head coaching gig. For Vick to run for 95 yards in one quarter of football, and to yield plays of 65 yards at a clip (to a tight end, no less) is inconceivable. The special teams, besides the punt return, must also be held to accountability, by allowing an onsides kick to be recovered.

What I would love to know is how was Vick able to break contain after being bottled up almost the entire game, and rip off three runs in succession for almost 80 yards? These are questions that need to be asked at the film session today.

My son turned 8 years old yesterday, his 'birthday' present was having a father-son day at a sports bar, per his request! He was all decked out in his Eli Manning jersey, and bore witness to what I think was probably the worst loss in the history of the New York Giants. If you consider the entirety of the situation, the parameters of this game, it easily dwarfs the Miracle of the Meadowlands in 1978, which happened to be the first game I ever attended live.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:38 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,016,290 times
I agree with Mike, the defense is to blame for this meltdown. They contained Vick for the entire first half, then went to sleep in the second. How does a tight end outrun your corners? How do you allow Vick to just walk into the end zone or run for 100 yards? Apparently Coughlin warned the team about the onside kick, but they didn't heed his warning.

Dodge is taking too much of the blame. Ok, so he kicked it to Jackson after a high snap and the wind took it back into Jackson's hands. Where was the rest of the team to make tackles? It should have never came down to that and it should never have been a 31-31 game. Sloppy football, plain and simple.

I also didn't like how the Giants went to their run game towards the end when it clearly wasn't effective. Manning played a great game for change and they should have been passing for short yardage and first downs to run down the clock.

Oh well, hopefully they can get this loss behind them and get a win in Green Bay. If they don't make the playoffs this year I think Coughlin is done. Not sure if that's the right answer, but they should be doing a lot better than 9 wins with the talent they've got.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:05 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,176,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
My son turned 8 years old yesterday, his 'birthday' present was having a father-son day at a sports bar, per his request! He was all decked out in his Eli Manning jersey, and bore witness to what I think was probably the worst loss in the history of the New York Giants. If you consider the entirety of the situation, the parameters of this game, it easily dwarfs the Miracle of the Meadowlands in 1978, which happened to be the first game I ever attended live.

Awww, poor kid. Hope he's not scarred for life. My birthday is tomorrow, so my present came early.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:26 AM

1,613 posts, read 2,486,190 times
Don't think Giants' fans can complain about their lousy coaching costing them the game.
As great as this game was, it was NOT a coaching clinic!
Iggles won in spite of Andy Reid. Andy slept through the game.
Both coaches deserve no better than D grades.
The coaches don't tackle - but in the 4th quarter, neither did the giants defense.
Coaches don't run away from a ball when it is kicked - the players, warned about the onside kick, nevertheless ran the other way. But maybe coaching can be blamed in part there, since COughlin inexplicably did not put his "hands" team on the field, and these other guys probably had no idea how to look out for the onside kick.

Nice day to be walking around here in NY wearing my Iggles Green! :-)

Old 12-20-2010, 05:54 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
In the NY post today-

"If the Giants next week they are in the playoffs"

Like it's an easy task to go to Green Bay and beat a Packers team fighting for a playoff spot

Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 PM

3,960 posts, read 2,512,283 times
I didnt know this thread was here...Giants #1!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,975,025 times
The New York Giants have selected Prince Amukamara, cornerback out of Nebraska, as their top pick in the 2011 draft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or