Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2011, 01:15 PM

9,347 posts, read 20,710,716 times

Advertisements

A win is a win, however, I was not as impressed with the Giants winning this game as much as I was with the Eagles secondary underperforming. Consider, as well, the stat line in this game: 3 turnovers for the Eagles, but they dominated time of possession, as well as out gain the Giants on the ground. The feeling here is that if the turnover ratio was even, or even a -1 for the Eagles, they would have won this game. The Eagles lost because of a blown coverage, and a poor tackle, as well as a goal line stand by the Giants in the 3rd quarter. Overall, I felt the Eagles actually controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball for large periods during the game. 8 times out of 10, the Eagles or any other NFL wins a game when you control time of possession and yards rushing.

Also, I was very impressed with Kevin Gilbride's play calling yesterday as much as anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 02:21 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,631,289 times
I have to admit I am surprised the Giants won. I havent really been impressed with them at all yet, so I really didnt think they would beat the Eagles.

That said, I will ALWAYS take a win over an NFC East team no matter how sloppy...

Old 10-05-2011, 06:28 AM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,289,949 times
Victor Cruz through 4 games - 11 catches, 225 yards and 2 touchdowns. How much potential do you think he has?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,730,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
Victor Cruz through 4 games - 11 catches, 225 yards and 2 touchdowns. How much potential do you think he has?
I remember seeing him in the pre-season last year and I was impressed. I wondered why he didn't start last year given his performance in the pre-season. Good to see him on the field. He has a knack for getting open and good hands. He's still prone to a few rookie mistakes but with more play time I think he's going to fit nicely into the rotation.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I remember seeing him in the pre-season last year and I was impressed. I wondered why he didn't start last year given his performance in the pre-season. Good to see him on the field. He has a knack for getting open and good hands. He's still prone to a few rookie mistakes but with more play time I think he's going to fit nicely into the rotation.
Hey Coolhand!

The reason he did not start last year was that he was put on the injured reserve list early in the year, after playing a few games on special teams as a 'gunner'. He popped his hamstring and was shelved. Consider that he was behind Nicks, Steve Smith (coming off the 100 catch season) Manningham, Ramses Barden , effectively the 5th receiver on the team (along with Duke Calhoun), beating out Derek Hagan for the last spot on the team. Cruz, Barden and Smith all suffered injuries during the regular season, then Hagan, Michael Clayton and Devin Thomas were all brought back. In retrospect, the Giants probably erred in shelving Cruz as early as they did, for he would have healed sufficiently to gain playing time after Smith and Barden went down.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Hey Coolhand!

The reason he did not start last year was that he was put on the injured reserve list early in the year, after playing a few games on special teams as a 'gunner'. He popped his hamstring and was shelved. Consider that he was behind Nicks, Steve Smith (coming off the 100 catch season) Manningham, Ramses Barden , effectively the 5th receiver on the team (along with Duke Calhoun), beating out Derek Hagan for the last spot on the team. Cruz, Barden and Smith all suffered injuries during the regular season, then Hagan, Michael Clayton and Devin Thomas were all brought back. In retrospect, the Giants probably erred in shelving Cruz as early as they did, for he would have healed sufficiently to gain playing time after Smith and Barden went down.
Yep....ITA

Old 10-09-2011, 03:28 PM

That was a horrible loss.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:01 AM

Living in St. Louis, the game was not broadcast locally, so I didn't see it. From what I gather, however, the Giants defense allowed over 5 yards a rush. QBs had a 60% completion percentage against them (Jackson/Whitehurst). I didn't have to see this game, I guess, to surmise the defense is performing just horribly. To surrender 27 points at home against this bunch should have the alarm bells ringing. Even in defeat last week, Beanie Wells looked like an all-pro.

I am sticking with my 6-10 prediction.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:37 AM

7,216 posts, read 11,897,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Living in St. Louis, the game was not broadcast locally, so I didn't see it. From what I gather, however, the Giants defense allowed over 5 yards a rush. QBs had a 60% completion percentage against them (Jackson/Whitehurst). I didn't have to see this game, I guess, to surmise the defense is performing just horribly. To surrender 27 points at home against this bunch should have the alarm bells ringing. Even in defeat last week, Beanie Wells looked like an all-pro.

I am sticking with my 6-10 prediction.
St. Louis? When did that happen?

Anyway, I'm trying do decide which game was worse yesterday Eagles or Giants? Not a happy bar where I was. Eagles and Giants fans didn't even have the energy to bust chops.

Why does Eli look completely lost after every bad play?

Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,861,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
St. Louis? When did that happen?

Anyway, I'm trying do decide which game was worse yesterday Eagles or Giants? Not a happy bar where I was. Eagles and Giants fans didn't even have the energy to bust chops.

Why does Eli look completely lost after every bad play?

Both the Eagles and the Giants sucked yesterday.
Eli looks frustrated with his offense. I don't put much blame on him since he has an O-line that doesn't block and receivers that either run the wrong route or don't get open.
Who would have thought the Skins would be the leader in the east after the first quarter of the season? Not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football