U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 05:24 PM

3,967 posts, read 2,522,929 times

Advertisements

The defense is getting gashed by the run. Second tier backs like Marshawn Lynch and Beanie Wells are looking like all-pros against the D (Is Beanie Wells even second tier?). The Giants own running game has been spotty, at best. The team as a whole makes mistakes that continue to bite them.

I still agree with the 6-10 sentiment...the difficult part of the schedule isnt up yet, and they are losing to the likes of the Seahawks. In order for the Giants to win games, even against the likes of Seattle, they have to be clicking on all cylindars, and there is no margin for error.

The team is thin, and I suspect we are going to see a few more misfires like yesterday before it is all said and done...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,076 posts, read 1,836,785 times
Default Latest from Star Ledger

Seahawks pull off 36-25 upset over Giants | NJ.com

Old 10-11-2011, 10:51 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,060,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
St. Louis? When did that happen?

Anyway, I'm trying do decide which game was worse yesterday Eagles or Giants? Not a happy bar where I was. Eagles and Giants fans didn't even have the energy to bust chops.

Why does Eli look completely lost after every bad play?
Yeah, Eli always has the that lobotomy look on his face every time he tosses an INT or fumbles.

Giants are struggling on defense and making turnovers isn't going to help. Regardless if they are tipped balls or not. They need to collectively get their heads out of their asses.

Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 PM

I am glad the Giants won on Sunday, but the 80 yard run to Jackson and the 60 yard TD catch and run were troubling. Defenders missed tackles and took horrible angles to the ball carriers.

Getting Tuck back will help, but when are the Giants going to tighten up on the run?

Old 10-19-2011, 08:30 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,060,145 times
The Giants need to find some tall, fast, CB's and quick. Ross and Webster aren't cutting it. For years the Giants had a solid run defense, now that their line has weakened, the shortfalls at CB are becoming more of a liability.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:16 PM

A couple of seasons ago, Webster looked like he was going to move up a few levels to a very good corner (Im not saying elite), but he seems to have regressed a little. I thought Ross, before the injuries, was going to be pretty good as well. Remember, Ross was the starter before he got injured and Terrel Thomas took the job. The jury is still out (obviously) on what Prince A will become, but I am hoping he becomes something special.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 PM

8,122 posts, read 17,370,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The Giants need to find some tall, fast, CB's and quick. Ross and Webster aren't cutting it. For years the Giants had a solid run defense, now that their line has weakened, the shortfalls at CB are becoming more of a liability.
Well, Prince Amukamara is 6 feet tall, and I think he's coming off the PUP after the bye week. Trouble is you really need to be in football shape to play this position effectively, and I am not so sure he can contribute right away.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:08 AM

2,868 posts, read 3,786,240 times
Not just the CBs, but saftey help as well. Our entire back 4 is stupidly undersized and mismatched.

Also, don't underestimate the effect losing Kevin Boss and Steve Smith has had. Victor Cruz has shown flashes of brillance, but I'm still not sold on him being the quality slot reciever Smith was. It also doesn't help that Brandon Jacobs has gone on a working retirement in the last couple of years.

When you look at the personnel attrition we've suffered since the Super Bowl year (2007), It's really a wonder we've even been in the mix. Eli does need to take some of the blame, but when the front office decides to hold a yardsale with your recieving core (don't forget giving up on Plax), what did you really expect?

I hope this isn't to pay off the new stadium. I'd sit on bleachers if I thought it meant another ring. Maybe we should make a play for Andrew Luck?

Old 10-24-2011, 04:36 PM

I dont know--Kenny Phillips looked like he had a lot of potential--and then he got hurt, so I wonder if he will ever live up to that potential. He is 6'2", 218. Rolle is 6'0". When you look at that talent level, you wonder why the Giants give up so many big plays via the pass.

I totally agree about Boss and Smith. I like what Cruz has done, but I think Manning and Smith had a chemistry that only comes from hours of work. They were always on the same page and a QB has to have a guy like that. Andre Johnson is that guy for Matt Schaub; obviously, Welker for Brady...no matter what, you know where that guy (reciever) is and what he is doing and if the QB gets in a jam, you just know where he is going to be. Plus, if Smith wasnt open, I think Manning had developed a similiar chemistry with Boss--not to the level he had with Smith, but something comparable. Outside of Nicks, I think Manning is still working on developing a chemistry with all of the recievers--heck, Ramses Barden cant stay healthy enough to develop anything. I think Mario Manningham is maddeningly inconsistent at times.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:05 PM

Giants are playing down to the competition yet again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or