U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2011, 09:59 AM

3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Guys, as of right now, Richardson is predicted to go off the board sometime between 8 and 12. The Giants aren't going to have a shot unless they trade up. A run-stopping LB would be a good draft pick, ultimately, and there's going to be a bumper crop of those available.
I totally agree...I just have wishful thinking because I think Richardson is totally going to be a beast.

Plus, you know how drafts are: Richardson could fall, and the Giants still might not take him--after all, they didnt take Ingram and he fell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 10:19 AM

8,114 posts, read 17,323,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I totally agree...I just have wishful thinking because I think Richardson is totally going to be a beast.

Plus, you know how drafts are: Richardson could fall, and the Giants still might not take him--after all, they didnt take Ingram and he fell.
Imagine if the Giants had drafted Von Miller.... I'd take 11 of those right now.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:21 AM

35 posts, read 14,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Guys, as of right now, Richardson is predicted to go off the board sometime between 8 and 12. The Giants aren't going to have a shot unless they trade up. A run-stopping LB would be a good draft pick, ultimately, and there's going to be a bumper crop of those available.
Yup- and smart Gms do not waste high draft picks on RBs. Da'rell Scott is going to be a very good rb. You can get them later in the draft.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltywater View Post
Yup- and smart Gms do not waste high draft picks on RBs. Da'rell Scott is going to be a very good rb. You can get them later in the draft.
I am interested in seeing if he (Scott) is going to get a shot here to carry the ball a little bit more in games...

Old 11-19-2011, 09:52 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,319,321 times
IMHO, the Giants need an interior O-lineman, a LB and more depth in the secondary. I just don't see them spending a high draft pick on a RB.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,012,722 times
Looks like the offensive line took the night off. Doesn't help that the running game is practially non-existent.

Is it just me or does Collinsworth annoy the shyt out of anyone else?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:13 AM

I think it is really time the Giants look at replacing Kareem McKenszie (sp) at right tackle next season. I think he is beginning to slow down, and he doesnt seem to the blocker he once was.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 AM

8,114 posts, read 17,323,570 times
Ahmad Bradshaw is sorely missed, the Giants are 0-2 in his absence now. Eli Manning can't win offensively by himself.

You can't blame the game on the defense, even though they yielded 9 of 17 third down conversions. Eagles really only mounted one sustained drive, the last one of the game.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:33 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,319,321 times
O line was pathetic. Jacobs is quickly becoming an anchor. Overall, a dismal effort by the Giants. There were so many issues with the team and coaches, its hard to figure out where to start.
One thing is for sure, the late season collapse is becoming a bit old. Either they turn it around or a major coaching change must occur. Maybe not TC, but Fewell, Gilbride and the Special teams staff.

Old 11-22-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
O line was pathetic. Jacobs is quickly becoming an anchor. Overall, a dismal effort by the Giants. There were so many issues with the team and coaches, its hard to figure out where to start.
One thing is for sure, the late season collapse is becoming a bit old. Either they turn it around or a major coaching change must occur. Maybe not TC, but Fewell, Gilbride and the Special teams staff.
I dont know how I feel about a coaching change. I think, thus far, the Giants have done well considering what they are dealing with. I know injuries are a part of the game, but those rookie linebackers kept making mistakes in the Eagles game. Some of us were concerned about the O-line as soon as Seubert and O'Hara were let go...should that fall on Jerry Reese? I think all things considered, the defense played pretty well, but how many LBs and DBs can you expect to lose and keep playing at a high standard? I still dont think Jacobs is hitting the holes with the same vigor he used to. Is it fair to say that the Giants schedule this season will have something to do with a possible collapse this season?

On the other hand, what holes does Jacobs have to hit? Earlier in the season, veterans were acting like they had never played the run before--is that on Fewell? The serious lack of a running game--does that fall on Gilbridge? Should all of this fall on Coughlin? Ever since Dominik Hixon went down last season, the Giants return game has been a horrible joke. Where does the blame lie in that? Where do the players responsiblity fall in all of this? I agree this late season collapse thing is becoming old (real old)...I just dont know how it should be addressed at the end of the season, if they do indeed collapse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or