U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2012, 12:21 PM

8,120 posts, read 17,349,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
So if Giants and Saints win. Giants go to GB and Saints go to SF?
Not necessarily. Should the Lions do the unthinkable, then it is off to San Francisco, should the Giants prevail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 01:14 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,325,151 times
Tex, you might be overstating the hateful tone just a touch.

Anyhoo, the Giants lost their best corner, their starting MLB, starting LT, number one draft pick, number two draft pick, number three WR for all or most of the season. On top of that, they have had people hurt on the offensive line, missing games, the entire year. Osi has not played most of the year. Bradshaw has missed a good number of games, as has Ballard, Boley and Tuck.

As I stated, the Giants are a good, not great team. I doubt they get past the second round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Whoa!

The whole Giant starting D was intact for this game. Only once did one of the d-backs go out for a series(3rd quarter).

I was merely stating the Giants are NOT hot and a bit of temperance might be a valuable characteristic at this time ... heck, the only team they beat lately has been a poor Dallas team. And both times that poor Dallas team gave them a run for their money. This is a Dallas team that even you admit is the bottom of the barrel.

I said NOTHING to demean the Giants unlike the hateful tone in the above post.. Dallas had just as many injuries as the Gmen this year. For a game and a half we had NO defensive backfield starters consistently playing.

Being a Cowboy fan and having watched them since the Ice Bowl days I am well aware of their organizational deficiencies and lament it constantly.

NYG have a good chance to win against Atlanta. Best pray they don't play NO though.

This is my 1st foray into the CD sports talk arena and thought it might be interesting to discuss pro ball here.

Y'all have a good one!

Old 01-03-2012, 02:00 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,903,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Whoa!

The whole Giant starting D was intact for this game. Only once did one of the d-backs go out for a series(3rd quarter).

I was merely stating the Giants are NOT hot and a bit of temperance might be a valuable characteristic at this time ... heck, the only team they beat lately has been a poor Dallas team. And both times that poor Dallas team gave them a run for their money. This is a Dallas team that even you admit is the bottom of the barrel.

I said NOTHING to demean the Giants unlike the hateful tone in the above post.. Dallas had just as many injuries as the Gmen this year. For a game and a half we had NO defensive backfield starters consistently playing.

Being a Cowboy fan and having watched them since the Ice Bowl days I am well aware of their organizational deficiencies and lament it constantly.

NYG have a good chance to win against Atlanta. Best pray they don't play NO though.

This is my 1st foray into the CD sports talk arena and thought it might be interesting to discuss pro ball here.

Y'all have a good one!
I do agree on the N.O thing..no chance for the Giants down there...none.

S.F.? Beatable.. G.B. ? Less likely but possible.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:22 PM

139 posts, read 510,611 times
Peaking,peaking,peaking,.....the GIANTS are freakin' peakin',....rawhide.
Giants eat falcon wings this week.Nothing more,nothing less.
Which will be fine for me.We have stupid coaches,a lousy qb,no receivers,no Oline,no running game and absolutely no defense at all.We will be lucky and blessed if we do eat those wings,...but we is kinda hungree.
Hungree,hungree,hungree,...we gints are freakin' hungree,...rawhide.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,903,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnoteddie View Post
Peaking,peaking,peaking,.....the GIANTS are freakin' peakin',....rawhide.
Giants eat falcon wings this week.Nothing more,nothing less.
Which will be fine for me.We have stupid coaches,a lousy qb,no receivers,no Oline,no running game and absolutely no defense at all.We will be lucky and blessed if we do eat those wings,...but we is kinda hungree.
Hungree,hungree,hungree,...we gints are freakin' hungree,...rawhide.
bleh...

Old 01-07-2012, 08:55 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,517,644 times
Any thoughts on tomorrow's game?

Old 01-07-2012, 09:39 PM

1,080 posts, read 828,980 times
Giants are gonna play hard smashmouth in your face football!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:10 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,082,181 times
Who has a better shot at beating the Packers? Giants or ATL?

Old 01-08-2012, 06:57 AM

11,727 posts, read 11,567,118 times
As a Packer fan, I say Giants. Giants game was a tie, 1 min. left, Rodgers moved Pack down the field, won with a FG. Packer website lists Giants/Saints as teams that could give them the most trouble.

Packers went to Atlanta, beat the Falcons in their dome, when some thought Falcons would get revenge for the playoff loss, didn't happen.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:13 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,325,151 times
To all my fellow Giants fans, let's hope Big Blue comes out of the blocks fast and keeps the pedal down for the entire game. I don't think I can take another fourth quarter comeback or holding off another fourth quarter comeback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or