Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 06:39 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,779,527 times

Advertisements

[quote=IXCell;22455894]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was amazed that today's win was Eli's first ever playoff win at home. The giants last playoff win was in January of 2001[/QUOTE

Yes, last home playoff win was over Vikings, 41-0.

I really wanted the Giants to win the SB that year because that was the season that Jim Fassel made the gaurantee and that would have been a great story if they had won it all.

They felt short because they ran into a tough ravens team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 07:07 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,619,981 times
Yeah...Baltimore was unreal that year...

Old 01-08-2012, 07:09 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,067,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was amazed that today's win was Eli's first ever playoff win at home. The giants last playoff win was in January of 2001
Eli! Eli! Eli!!!!!!!!!! HAHA/...ahhh love it./

Old 01-08-2012, 07:11 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,977,025 times
I still think Hicks and Cruz are way overrated, so it'll be interesting to see how they match up against GB's secondary. The Giants are playing as a unit and their running game never really reflected the stats. I still give it to GB though. It's their homefield, their weather and they've been paying attention to the Giants so they won't be caught off guard.

Either way, it would be a true miracle for them to get win the SB. Chances are they'd have to GB, NO, and the Pats (assuming they all win their next games). The only benefit that anyone has is that they did it before.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I still think Hicks and Cruz are way overrated, so it'll be interesting to see how they match up against GB's secondary. The Giants are playing as a unit and their running game never really reflected the stats. I still give it to GB though. It's their homefield, their weather and they've been paying attention to the Giants so they won't be caught off guard.

Either way, it would be a true miracle for them to get win the SB. Chances are they'd have to GB, NO, and the Pats (assuming they all win their next games). The only benefit that anyone has is that they did it before.
Nicks and Cruz are overrated? Why?

As per the miracle thing remember...hot teams win now in the NFL during the playoffs. Teams are proving that year after year. ...its the MOST important thing....

Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Nicks and Cruz are overrated? Why?

As per the miracle thing remember...hot teams win now in the NFL during the playoffs. Teams are proving that year after year. ...its the MOST important thing....
I watch the GIants every week. They either show up or completely dissapear. I give them credit because the last few games they've stepped it up, but I think GB's secondary will be too much for them. The only team worth noting that they beat all season were the Pats.

I wouldn't completely count them out though.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
I watch the GIants every week. They either show up or completely dissapear. I give them credit because the last few games they've stepped it up, but I think GB's secondary will be too much for them.

I wouldn't completely count them out.
Cruz disappears? When? Nicks yes. Sure GB will be tough but remember GB cant stop the run either. Expect ball control to be the key..not as much Cruz or Nicks...

Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Cruz disappears? When? Nicks yes. Sure GB will be tough but remember GB cant stop the run either. Expect ball control to be the key..not as much Cruz or Nicks...
I think the challenge will be to match them point for point. Like Detroit and the Saints, depending on your defense to hold them is almost unrealistic. The Giants will simply have to put up 7 points in every red zone opportunity.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I think the challenge will be to match them point for point. Like Detroit and the Saints, depending on your defense to hold them is almost unrealistic. The Giants will simply have to put up 7 points in every red zone opportunity.
Somehow dont think this game is going to be as high scoring as you think. If Ross plays ...does anyone know a status? That d is clicking right now..Sure GB will put up points but its not going to be a 40-30 game. More like 27-30 wins it. BALL CONTROL..move the chains, the Giants rushing game is back again..I'm telling you GB won't handle it unless they stack 8 deep, then they run the risk of the WR's beating them.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,075,765 times
Way to go Big Blue! ! !. . . . On to Greenbay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football