U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-08-2012, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Reputation: 1655

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I still think Hicks and Cruz are way overrated, so it'll be interesting to see how they match up against GB's secondary. The Giants are playing as a unit and their running game never really reflected the stats. I still give it to GB though. It's their homefield, their weather and they've been paying attention to the Giants so they won't be caught off guard.

Either way, it would be a true miracle for them to get win the SB. Chances are they'd have to GB, NO, and the Pats (assuming they all win their next games). The only benefit that anyone has is that they did it before.
They are not overrated. Nicks keeps staying hurt, that is how he 'disappears'...Cruz hasn't. Both guys went over 1,000 this year...despite all the passing in the league, not many teams had two one-thousand yard WRs...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-08-2012, 06:46 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,511 posts, read 5,714,017 times
Reputation: 3441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Somehow dont think this game is going to be as high scoring as you think. If Ross plays ...does anyone know a status? That d is clicking right now..Sure GB will put up points but its not going to be a 40-30 game. More like 27-30 wins it. BALL CONTROL..move the chains, the Giants rushing game is back again..I'm telling you GB won't handle it unless they stack 8 deep, then they run the risk of the WR's beating them.
I think GB will do as they have been doing and air it out. The Giants are not a ball control team, they rely on big plays and missed tackles to put up points. Only advantage I see is that their rushing has stepped up tremendously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Reputation: 1655
Ross is a key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 06:50 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,511 posts, read 5,714,017 times
Reputation: 3441
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
They are not overrated. Nicks keeps staying hurt, that is how he 'disappears'...Cruz hasn't. Both guys went over 1,000 this year...despite all the passing in the league, not many teams had two one-thousand yard WRs...
Completely overrated. They have an abnormal amount of receiving yards because their rushing game couldn't put up the numbers in the regular season. And much of that is in 4th quarter come backs where they basically did next to nothing for the first 3 quarters. Cruz is either focused or he isn't. He can't afford to drop passes in the post season. He currently is 4th in the league with 10+ drops/ The giants haven't beat anyone really impressive all year except the Pats--everyone else they have lost to.

The savior of this team is the D.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Reputation: 1655
They aren't overrated. If you can't run the ball, what do you do? You have to pass. It has occurred to you that this same defense put them in holes during the season, correct? Games they had to pass to win. Eli threw for nearly 5,000 yards this season...someone caught those passes. Cruz finished with over 1500 yards, third best in the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:02 PM
 
9,582 posts, read 8,883,212 times
Reputation: 5813
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
They aren't overrated. If you can't run the ball, what do you do? You have to pass. It has occurred to you that this same defense put them in holes during the season, correct? Games they had to pass to win. Eli threw for nearly 5,000 yards this season...someone caught those passes. Cruz finished with over 1500 yards, third best in the league.
Yea I agree..how can you call them overated? That makes little sense...sorry. I think the poster is trying to say some games they don't play well.. which is true of about every player in the NFL. Would you say Jones and White are overrated because they didnt play well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:09 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,511 posts, read 5,714,017 times
Reputation: 3441
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
They aren't overrated. If you can't run the ball, what do you do? You have to pass. It has occurred to you that this same defense put them in holes during the season, correct? Games they had to pass to win. Eli threw for nearly 5,000 yards this season...someone caught those passes. Cruz finished with over 1500 yards, third best in the league.
The point is, their numbers are high because the running was so poor. It's not criticism, it's simply an explanation. As for who put who in a "hole" it's hard to say. I wouldn't say that the defense was the cause of that. And Cruz finished 9th in receptions and 4th in drops. He had no receptions in the post season, hence another "disapperance" act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Reputation: 1655
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The point is, their numbers are high because the running was so poor. It's not criticism, it's simply an explanation. As for who put who in a "hole" it's hard to say. I wouldn't say that the defense was the cause of that. And Cruz finished 9th in receptions and 4th in drops. He had no receptions in the post season.
The explanation is poor. The defense has been horrible all year--how aren't they the cause?

Then are all these other receivers in the league overrated? A lot of passing numbers were high. Cruz had two catches today; his ONLY postseason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:17 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,511 posts, read 5,714,017 times
Reputation: 3441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Yea I agree..how can you call them overated? That makes little sense...sorry. I think the poster is trying to say some games they don't play well.. which is true of about every player in the NFL. Would you say Jones and White are overrated because they didnt play well?
Faulty logic. They went 9-7 in the regular season. If you count 7 losses as "didn't play" well...and then tack onto the fact that they've only beat 1 playoff worthy team during the season, essentially beating 8 'weak' teams with a running game that came in last in the NFL...then for two guys to get 1500+ yards passing is not impressive and definately overrated. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,511,524 times
Reputation: 1655
So the entire passing game is overrated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top