U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,527 posts, read 5,722,069 times
Reputation: 3459

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The explanation is poor. The defense has been horrible all year--how aren't they the cause?

Then are all these other receivers in the league overrated? A lot of passing numbers were high. Cruz had two catches today; his ONLY postseason.
Your response makes no sense. You justified their numbers due to a poor rushing game. Fine. Then you go into blaming the defense, which has nothing to do with the poor running game. So which is it? Are they a good passing team because of the poor running game or as it because of the poor defense? Again, add in the fact that they essentially did nothing in the first 3 quarters of most games against non-playoff teams and there you have it.

The team's poor rushing and weak opponents makes their statistics overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
 
2,915 posts, read 3,322,304 times
Reputation: 3140
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Completely overrated. They have an abnormal amount of receiving yards because their rushing game couldn't put up the numbers in the regular season. And much of that is in 4th quarter come backs where they basically did next to nothing for the first 3 quarters. Cruz is either focused or he isn't. He can't afford to drop passes in the post season. He currently is 4th in the league with 10+ drops/ The giants haven't beat anyone really impressive all year except the Pats--everyone else they have lost to.

The savior of this team is the D.
First off, who is rating either Nicks or Cruz as a top NFL receiver. They are both very good and they have the benefit of having, IMHO, the best passer in the game this year throwing it to them. No other top QB has had to carry their team the entire year like Eli has.
Your statement above is ridiculous. By your logic, Jimmy Graham is only successful because Brees throws the ball a ton. Megatron is over rated because Stafford throws it 45 times a game.

Reality is that it is more impressive that the Giants could not run the ball all year and still completed as many passes as they did. When defenses know that you can't run the ball, they key on pass rush and defending the pass.

You sound like a fan of the Iggles. Must suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,962 posts, read 2,514,546 times
Reputation: 1655
Oh, and using your logic Calvin Johnson is overrated. Johnson over 1600 receiving; team was 29th in rushing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,962 posts, read 2,514,546 times
Reputation: 1655
You brought up the defense first to justify your argument. I responded to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
 
9,585 posts, read 8,893,726 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Faulty logic. They went 9-7 in the regular season. If you count 7 losses as "didn't play" well...and then tack onto the fact that they've only beat 1 playoff worthy team during the season, essentially beating 8 'weak' teams with a running game that came in last in the NFL...then for two guys to get 1500+ yards passing is not impressive and definately overrated. Sorry.
Whatever..dont care anymore about the argument. You keep hating on the Giants and they'll just keep doing what they do best...win big games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,527 posts, read 5,722,069 times
Reputation: 3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
So the entire passing game is overrated?
Who said anything about the entire passing game? I'm talking about Nicks and Cruz. Personally, as an opponent, I would always be more worried about Brandon Jacobs more than anyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:31 PM
 
2,915 posts, read 3,322,304 times
Reputation: 3140
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Who said anything about the entire passing game? I'm talking about Nicks and Cruz. Personally, as an opponent, I would always be more worried about Brandon Jacobs more than anyone else.

OK, it is obvious that you are trolling. Jacobs has been terrible all year. You are clueless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,527 posts, read 5,722,069 times
Reputation: 3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Oh, and using your logic Calvin Johnson is overrated. Johnson over 1600 receiving; team was 29th in rushing.
Then by your logic they're basically equals. Who would you rather have Victor Cruz or Calvin Johnson? I'll wait for your answer...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 PM
 
9,585 posts, read 8,893,726 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Who said anything about the entire passing game? I'm talking about Nicks and Cruz. Personally, as an opponent, I would always be more worried about Brandon Jacobs more than anyone else.
B Jacobs? Why? He finally had a good game for once.. Are you sure you watch all Giant games?

getting suspicious..troll alert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
 
Location: 20 years from now
5,527 posts, read 5,722,069 times
Reputation: 3459
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Whatever..dont care anymore about the argument. You keep hating on the Giants and they'll just keep doing what they do best...win big games.
I'm not hating, I think I just proved my point. Like I said, it's hard to predict. My only confidence is that the Giants have been here before. If I had to put the house on it...I'd go with Green Bay for the reasons that I've mentioned. The fact that Cruz and Nicks are overrated were just reference points. But like I said...Id be more worried about Jacobs than anyone on the offense. When he gets going...he is almost unstoppable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top